Author Topic: 3DO Games  (Read 1148 times)

jcalder8

3DO Games
« on: August 20, 2014, 12:19:09 am »
Having just bought the console I am curious about what are some of the best games for the system. I know it's not the strongest lineup but I have always had a soft spot for it so I would love to hear some opinions.
Thanks guys!

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: 3DO Games
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 12:54:49 am »
Having just bought the console I am curious about what are some of the best games for the system. I know it's not the strongest lineup but I have always had a soft spot for it so I would love to hear some opinions.
Thanks guys!

Demolition Man will put the gun to use. The streets of rage style fighting stages are decent.

It has the "best" version of Night Trap to date.

You already have Gex and Need for Speed arguably the best titles on the system.

Daedalus Encounter was pretty good for what it tried to be.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 12:17:53 pm »
I haven't actually played a 3DO more than a few minutes, so don't take these to heart. However, I had a 3DO on my wishlist for a long-time, so I've researched into it's library a bit.

That said, these are the ones I see with the best reviews and being brought up the most:

-Alone in the Dark 1 & 2
-Gex
-The Horde
-Myst
-Need For Speed
-Road Rash
-Star Control II
-Super Street Fighter II Turbo
-Wing Commander III
-Wolfenstein 3-D

dreama1

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 08:39:52 pm »

jcalder8

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 12:16:49 am »
Thanks for the suggestions all! It seems like most games are very reasonably priced for the system so I should be able to get a nice collection without having to break the bank :)

dreama1

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 02:38:39 am »
Thanks for the suggestions all! It seems like most games are very reasonably priced for the system so I should be able to get a nice collection without having to break the bank :)
Don't forget strahl btw.

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 03:44:01 am »
Star Control II.
Star Control II.
Star Control II.

If you don't have this game, you don't have the best game on 3do............and it's not even close