Author Topic: Anime/Manga/Etc...  (Read 109930 times)

doafan

Re: Anime/Manga/Etc...
« Reply #210 on: February 06, 2016, 12:06:56 pm »
Since I have seen the latest episodes of Musaigen no Phantom World started to watch another two Animes this past days being the first one Hai to Gensou no Grimgar, totally admit that as at the rest I was interested only for the Plot, that master thief totally caught me when I saw her but after two episodes decided to give it a try, have to admit that it was one of those times when I came for the boobs and stayed for the history also am in love with the colors and the details of the backgrounds and the atmosphere that they use here, haven't read the Manga and being honest guess that will never gonna read it cause the animation looks so freaking amazing, dunno why but kinda fell relax it when I watch this one, don't get the wrong idea it's everything except boring, the story right now have turned in a way that didn't expect it at least not that fast but I love it and that's all gonna say cause don't want to leave any spoilers except for the following two Gifs:

The second one it's Oshiete! Galko-chan and even when the episodes of this one are less than the ten minutes long have to admit that those are the best minutes in the week, can't imagine that a simple history about a normal life of a student in this case Galko where so damn funny, yeah Plot here is another or the main reason why I started watching this one too but even it is less than 5% it really doesn't need it to be good, love the three main characters cause they are very different in every way, Ojou is my second favorite character here even more than Otako just like her I want to know how the hell did she became her friend cause they are practically the opposite in everything anyway too never expected to be this entertained with this one, really hope that we can have more than the 12 episodes that they have announced at the MyAnimeList webpage or at least to have a second season.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

doafan

« Reply #211 on: March 01, 2016, 03:29:34 pm »
A couple of weeks ago I had completed One-Punch Man and only because a friend insisted that I need to see this Anime, eventually got tired cause of him, he practically told me the same thing all days at any time so decided to give it a try where only have to say that this one is fucking amazing, haven't seen the Ovas guess that there are three but will gonna enjoy them this next Sunday, right now am watching the latest episodes from the three Anime from this season that am currently enjoying, without a doubt Hai to Gensou no Grimgar is my favorite this one is the most complete practically it has everything, a good story, characters are well developed, the music is simply amazing and the backgrounds are beautiful, episode seven has been the the best one, on the other hand can't be more happy cause Oshiete! Galko-chan and Musaigen no Phantom World have released a pool episode  ;D

« Reply #212 on: March 01, 2016, 11:04:45 pm »
A couple of weeks ago I had completed One-Punch Man and only because a friend insisted that I need to see this Anime, eventually got tired cause of him, he practically told me the same thing all days at any time so decided to give it a try where only have to say that this one is fucking amazing, haven't seen the Ovas guess that there are three but will gonna enjoy them this next Sunday, right now am watching the latest episodes from the three Anime from this season that am currently enjoying, without a doubt Hai to Gensou no Grimgar is my favorite this one is the most complete practically it has everything, a good story, characters are well developed, the music is simply amazing and the backgrounds are beautiful, episode seven has been the the best one, on the other hand can't be more happy cause Oshiete! Galko-chan and Musaigen no Phantom World have released a pool episode  ;D

Gonna check out Grimgar once it's done for the season since I don't have much else to watch over at Funimation that requires a subscription.  Figured once that's done, I'll go back and binge that, perhaps also check out Dimension W.

« Reply #213 on: March 04, 2016, 05:13:11 am »
Dimension W is great so far and I started into Grimgar.  Didn't know anything about it going in, but it's a "trapped in a world" type of show.  It's interesting though, cause there's really no big hook to it right now, it's played as a very real world, and while it has tradtional fantasy elements, it's very low key with moments of kinda serious realism to it.  Great art to it also with the low detail watercolor backgrounds.  It's kinda funnily a sorta "slice of life" type show outside of the action bits.  I'm sure the story will pick up soon, but it's kinda chill right now.

doafan

« Reply #214 on: March 04, 2016, 01:24:33 pm »
I'm sure the story will pick up soon, but it's kinda chill right now.

It will, trust me am currently at episode 8 where without a doubt the episode seven is my favorite and really can't wait to see number nine this next Monday, Grimar is the kinda of Anime were I do feel the characters joy, pain or sadness kinda curious cause I haven't seen an Anime this good in years always searched for the Plot but for this one I made a huge exception, please let me know your opinions when you see a couple more of episodes  ;)

davifus

« Reply #215 on: March 06, 2016, 11:22:41 pm »
Just saw episode 9 of Hai to Gensou no Grimgar and that was quite a nice and relaxing episode. I know some Light novel readers were bummed out because some parts were cut out like the Orc Invasion, but nonetheless there was character progression esp. Mary.
The usually water paint background was really emphasized in this episode and I absolutely loved it. Gorgeous

Best Girl

Best Girl

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #216 on: March 07, 2016, 05:12:12 am »
Just caught up with Grimgar and it's really good.  Honestly, the entire show could've just been those 8 episodes, and I would've been happy lol The artwork for sure is impressive.  It's sketchy and soft, but it works really well and there are just some very good looking shots.  I'm not sure I remember the last anime I watched that had such impactful moments like this.  Plenty of emotional moments, but from their first reactions to killing a creature, up to what happens later, it's all dealt with pretty well.  Where shows drag on moments for the sake of it, you can really feel for the characters here and the pacing is great.

doafan

« Reply #217 on: March 15, 2016, 02:45:10 pm »
I told everyone that Grimar was awesome didn't I ?, haven't seen the latest episode of this one (if am not wrong it should be the 10th because last week started to watch Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut and only because of Philphie Aingram, felt in love with the character and her "personality" where do have to admit that am not a Mecha / Armored Mechanical fan but decided to give it a try and being honest am not that disappointed as I was expecting to be, has been a long time maybe years since the last time I saw this kind of Anime and it's nice to have it back again anyway am currently following four Animes and the latest episodes of Oshiete! Galko-chan are showing more plot even more than Musaigen no Phantom World, kinda weird cause I was expecting since the beginning that there will be tons of gifs from Mai Kawakami at Tumblr but the ones from Galko are much better, without a doubt she has become my favorite character from this entire season.

« Reply #218 on: March 26, 2016, 03:48:08 am »
Erased turned out to be very enjoyable.  I can't say it went full on like I thought it might in the finale, it kinda slowed down after its huge start in the final few episodes, but I still very much liked it.

*EDIT*
Other stuff is ending to.  Durarara was a pretty fun story overall, even if it got a tad confusing at times, but that they managed to hold it together with all those characters and plotlines is impressive nonetheless.

Gate continues to be a mildly enjoyable show, that I mostly keep up with for the action, because a lot of it just ends up being modern versus fantasy and modern wins constantly every single time with little effort.  It's kind of the most one sided show I've ever seen lol Other than that, it gets kinda dumb with its harem nonsense, but I'm alright with the rest of the show.  All that is left new I think for me is Iron Blooded Orphans, and Show Genroku, which is done, but I'm like 4 episodes behind.

We got good stuff on the horizon though.  Jojo will be back next month, that new show from Trigger is coming, and in the summer, we get a brand new Berserk that actually will continue the story and not just rehash it again!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 03:29:41 am by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #219 on: March 27, 2016, 01:15:49 pm »
It seems that I have picked wrong my week of vacations cause next week will be the ending of the the season of the Animes that am currently watching maybe not but all appears that Oshiete! Galko-chan has already ended being honest don't want to say this has been a ride, but this has been a ride only have to say that is or was pretty fun and it shows that you don't need a big idea or scenario to make things the right way, Musaigen no Phantom World became more intense at the episode 12 and am glad that this one will have a 13th episode, really hope that we can have a second season of this one or maybe an Ova, about Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut it was ok, wasn't the big deal but it kept me entertained still want to see how this one ends if they do an Ova definitely will see it but not a second season but without a doubt the one that was the best it was Hai to Gensou no Grimgar I came to the office today just to see the episode twelve practically was refreshing the damn page until this one appears, there is no need to say that a second season has to be done cause for me things just started and there is pkenty of material to work with it also still to know how did they appear at that world  ;)

« Reply #220 on: March 27, 2016, 03:46:22 pm »
Right! I knew I forgot something with Grimgar.  That's good cause I was getting bummed about no new anime for awhile lol Think I'm an episode or two behind on that.

*EDIT*
Finished Grimgar and just really liked it.   I might like this one more than I do Erased for the season.  Erased was more intense and plot driven, while Grimgar had more chill moments and was slower, but as an experience,  Grimgar is just nice to watch, especially with its soft art style.

All that is left is to finish Dimension W, which started out good and got kinda..."Eh" as it went, though still watchable to me and Iron Blooded Orphans, which has already been confirmed for a second season in the Fall. It's an alright show, though the Gundam part is very small, which is why I know some people have issues with, but I think its still kinda interesting drama and action. 

Thinking I might go back and see about catching up on a show till the next months new stuff starts.  I stopped watching Fairy Tail a long time ago around episode 32 of Series 2. I figured I'd let it go on for awhile and then binge on it again down the road.  I kinda like the show, but it suffers from the problems most of these long running shows do, such as Naruto and One Piece, where they are trying to adapt every single scene and then adding other pointless crap, so it drags on forever.  I abandoned Naruto awhile back, because screw suffering through that dragging garbage any longer.  Plus it stopped being an entertaining ninja show when Naruto went Super Saiyan lol.  I only keep up with One Piece, because it's such a ridiculous show, it keeps me somewhat entertained, even if it also drags on like no other.  Makes me wish there was a One Piece Kai lol

Man, I'm lost on what is going in Fairy Tail anymore though...Something about those key spirits of Lucy causing trouble from the looks of it.    Oh well, it gives me like 70 episodes I can binge if I don't skip any lol
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 04:37:24 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #221 on: April 06, 2016, 08:44:26 pm »
New stuff is starting up and this is my impressions of the ones I've seen.

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - I've been watching Iron Blooded Orphans since that started, but it's not a very traditional Gundam show. This one seems much more like it and hopefully it's good, cause the animation is great.  It has that older classic style to it.  I haven't watched a regular Gundam series since Gundam Wing, so this will be entertaining I hope.

Bakuon!! - It's almost literally K-On with motorcycles instead of music.  It's very silly, with maybe abit too much boob humor, but it's mildly entertaining in the way that it's about actual motorcycles and such.  Reminds me abit of a Girls Und Panzer in that way.  It's kinda one of those nothing shows you watch when you want something light and fluffy and no real drama lol

Joker Game - Set in pre-WW2 Japan, it seems to revolve around a soldier sent to work with a group of spies.  Very serious anime, but the idea seems interesting.  I like the period piece animes like what we got with the Rakugo anime, so I'll be keeping up with this.

The Lost Village - I don't really quite understand what this anime will be, but the premise sounds interesting and it's one of those animes with a ton of characters that all have something to them and I'm guessing they might die off or disappear...I don't know, it's an odd premise of these people who were invited to start a new life in some town considered to be an urban legend.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - Been waiting for this! The color scheme for the new season is really weird, but it makes for something visually standout to me and it's Jojo, so it'll be weird and crazy and I can't wait for it.

I still have to watch Ace Attorney, Kiznaiver by Trigger isn't quite out yet, and there's some a Funimation exclusive show or two I won't watch till later cause I don't like subscribing to them.

doafan

« Reply #222 on: April 08, 2016, 01:59:40 pm »
Finally managed to watch the latest episode of Musaigen no Phantom World where I have to admit that was expecting to see Enigma a little more longer but am comfortable with the last battle and in how this history ends, I need a second season of this one with more and powerful Phantoms now that Ichijou has revealed new powers also finished Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut but don't have to much to say here cause saw this one only for the Plot anyway started another two series being the first one Bakuon!!, not a big fan of motorcycles but this one caught my attention also pink has became my new favorite color, guess that I don't have to say why .... 

The second one is Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? where totally felt in love with Ako and her relationship with Hideki, really liked the history inside and outside the online game but I won't say more cause don't want to give spoilers anyway this one has became my favorite one from this season, now I only need to find another two series cause don't like to see that many at the same time  ;D

abe

« Reply #223 on: April 09, 2016, 06:17:17 pm »
Finished up season three of Yuru Yuri. It was pretty good, but I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the first two seasons.

I also started watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Pt4 and Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096. So far so good for both of those. I don't really pay much attention to anime "news" anymore, so discovering JoJo part 4 was airing already was a nice surprise when I was browsing through Crunchyroll earlier.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #224 on: April 12, 2016, 12:56:11 am »
Think I found my chill/relaxing anime of the season with Flying Witch.  It's like a backwards Harry Potter, where instead of the normal kid going to the school of magic, it's a witch who is going to live with family in a smaller countryside town, where she'll be going to regular high school.  It's kind of slice of life with what looks to be some general magic aspects to it, but I feel it'll be kinda easy and enjoyable to watch.