Author Topic: Anime/Manga/Etc...  (Read 109887 times)

Re: Anime/Manga/Etc...
« Reply #240 on: July 02, 2016, 02:47:40 am »
How was the spring 2016 anime season for folks? I thought there were a couple gems for this one in particular. 

-Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress was great, though I need to finish the last episode. 
-My Hero Academia was a lot of fun, I think due in part to it's pretty great animation.  Some action scenes were fantastic and there was characters I definitely thought were pretty cool.
-Kiznaiver was an oddball show that ended a tad weak, but it was also meant to be more character focused, which is a big departure from what Trigger tends to do usually. I at least liked the characters, so it succeeded with that.
-I'm only halfway through Bungou Stray Dogs, but for the most part I think it's entertaining enough.
-Mayoiga, The Lost Village, was another that I felt started strong, but as it went along, it got abit annoying, but it wasn't too bad.  It tied itself up well enough in the end.
-Flying Witch is basically my chill show for the season, I'm only halfway through, but it's the most laidback anime I've seen awhile.  Just peaceful country living with sprinklings of magic.  I feel it's needed when everything else I tend to watch is action heavy lol
-Jojo came back and it's a lot of fun, though I don't think I'm liking it quite as much as Stardust Crusaders right now.  I feel its because there's not really a big danger like with Dio from before.  It's still weird, goofy, nonsense, though.  It's ongoing though and will be getting an extra long show run which is awesome.

The only shows I abandoned were High School Fleet, which felt like it wanted to be Girls Und Panzer, but it mostly was just dumb nonsense going on with highschool girls who were given real working naval vessels with live amunition and IT IS JUST SO DUMB.  I also dumped another moe girl show with Bakuon, the motorbike club that is trying to be K-On, but also didn't seem to be as good to me.  It's not as bad as High School Fleet and had more genuine humor to it, I just didn't feel like going back it.

Summer season is coming up and a few are jumping out at me.

-Berserk, because finally they are continuing the series.
-Arslan is coming back for a second season and it's a solid enough fantasy/medieval battle show.

Mostly it right now.  Kinda waiting to hear about anything else to see if I might like it.

I know which one Doafan will be looking to watch ;D

doafan

« Reply #241 on: July 02, 2016, 04:27:27 pm »
I know which one Doafan will be looking to watch ;D

I saw it yesterday but apart from the fact that the subbing was horrible cause some parts were translated to Spanish, saw it online and even downloaded a copy cause the quality really sucks dunno what the hell was wrong with it, I was expecting the release of this Anime until this next 6th of July, at least that's the date that My Anime List has for this one but it seems that will have to see it again because this version it's censored but don't have a problem watching it twice, anyway a lot of people are complain about the fact that this one is practically Hentai, after reading a lot of comments my reaction was what the fuck is wrong with them, I mean come on just by looking at the poster you already know what to expect, I really enjoyed every damn second of the "action" here

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #242 on: July 02, 2016, 04:40:16 pm »
I watched someones first impressions, and wow, it's more lewd than I was expecting for the art for the show lol Practically is hentai.

doafan

« Reply #243 on: July 02, 2016, 04:44:21 pm »
I watched someones first impressions, and wow, it's more lewd than I was expecting for the art for the show lol Practically is hentai.

Soft Hentai but I don't have a problem if they decide to make it happen  8)

Edit: The uncensored episode was released today at the web page that I follow which is kinda weird cause they don't show uncensored versions there anyway I saw it again, the quality this time and also the subs were perfect, guess that will have to wait a couple of days more to see the complete one  ;D

« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 04:12:11 pm by doafan »

« Reply #244 on: July 09, 2016, 06:59:45 am »
About half way through the anime "Baccano" after hearing it was supposed to be good.  It's far more violent and intense than I expected, while also being weird and goofy.  It's hard to get a good idea about the show due it's very disjointed narrative that constantly jumps back and forth between three different years and like a dozen or more characters.  I am very entertained though which is great.  Feels kinda like Durarara in that regard, following a large cast of characters that are all interconnected into the main plot in some way, but it's way more confusing due to the timeline.  A whole lot of the time I'm struggling to keep track of where we are at in the plot.  Takes at least two or three episodes to even get a handle on it, at least for me.

Interesting mix of characters though.  A couple are rather obnoxious, two of which I'm unsure if they actually matter much to the plot or not.  Others are good just for story reasons.  Some are just great, with one in particular, being incredibly unique such as Ladd Russo, a psychotic bad guy in the story.  He reminds me a lot of like The Joker from Batman with his insanity, who's fixation on blood, violence, and killing is next level.  I honestly don't know if I've ever seen another character as truly maniacally in love with what he does as Ladd.  I mean, he's a detestable monster, but god damn is he an entertaining character.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 07:10:18 am by kamikazekeeg »

davifus

« Reply #245 on: July 10, 2016, 12:05:46 am »
Highly recommend

Koe no Katachi (A Silence Voice)

I just read the Manga [Feelgoodman].

The Film is coming out in September.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #246 on: July 10, 2016, 12:14:51 am »
Romance with a deaf girl? I can basically feel the heart strings being tugged already, heh.

doafan

« Reply #247 on: July 10, 2016, 12:28:18 pm »
Started to watch my second Anime from this season where have to admit that I really was expecting it with a lot on anxiety, I am talking about Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara and no am not watching this one because of the Plot even when I do have to admit that there are some of it with the best tasting food reactions that I have ever seen in my entire life, like the following one of Alice (come on everybody already know that I have to show something) ...

... have enjoyed the second episode a couple of minutes ago and only have to say that am pretty sure that this one will be my favorite one from this season, even when the chapters from the Manga has been released weeks ago decided not to read it because I love to see the animations from this one, they are in my personal opinion fucking awesome, by example the match between Megumi and Ryou is a pure example of what am saying with this clear reference of the game JoJo's Bizarre Adventure ...

... and man what can I say about the food that they show, had to purchase something to eat here in the damn office when I was watching this episode, but now have to wait until next week to see the next one and am still starving :'(

« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 12:31:54 pm by doafan »

« Reply #248 on: July 10, 2016, 06:11:56 pm »
Yeah I'm gonna jump into the Food Wars season 2 myself today.  I didn't like the first season at first with the first few episodes because I thought it was gonna be nothing about the overtly sexual reactions to food, which I thought would make the show too one note, but once the challenges started happening, it actually turned into an entertaining show and was a good watch.

I love that Jojo bit, I thought it was directly from the new Jojo with how good it looked lol

« Reply #249 on: July 11, 2016, 06:03:28 am »
Shokugeki No Soma is definitely back and great.  I just want to try and cook something every time I watch these episodes lol

Also something that sorta keeps with the food theme is a show called "Sweetness & Lightning".  This will be my cute/chill anime for this season as it's a slice of life type of show about a father trying to raise a daughter after his wife died 6 months ago, the toddler being too young to fully understand what happened, and while it has these tinges of being bittersweet throughout, it looks like it'll be centering around cooking food for his daughter to eat with the help of a fellow student of his who's mother runs a restaurant and I think it'll be her trying to realize desires to cook as good as her mom.  Not sure if they are trying to play up a relationship between them in this, or if it'll just be a regular friendship or not.

This show also made me want to cook, though much simpler, as I just want to make some pot rice cooked with abit of sake lol I'm actually hoping to maybe someday try my hand at sushi again and create something like a volcanic roll knowing what it takes to make good sushi rice now.

Seems to be about it other than Berserk that I'll keep up with.  A light season which is great as I still need to catch up on a show or two I didn't finish from last season as I really don't want to drop Flying Witch.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 06:10:16 am by kamikazekeeg »

maximo310

« Reply #250 on: July 11, 2016, 08:47:10 pm »
Last weekend I pounded through the My Hero Academia, Berserk, and Punpun mangas which were all really good.

Only anime I've watched recently was Food Wars season 2  and Berserk. Food Wars is really good so far, whereas I'm not happy with Berserk due to all of the changes they made, and skipping arcs already. Not to mention how some of the sound effects and cg don't sound/ look good.

« Reply #251 on: July 11, 2016, 09:05:26 pm »
Last weekend I pounded through the My Hero Academia, Berserk, and Punpun mangas which were all really good.

Only anime I've watched recently was Food Wars season 2  and Berserk. Food Wars is really good so far, whereas I'm not happy with Berserk due to all of the changes they made, and skipping arcs already. Not to mention how some of the sound effects and cg don't sound/ look good.

What did they skip over for Berserk already?

azure

« Reply #252 on: July 11, 2016, 09:27:47 pm »

The Black Swordsman arc and Lost Children arc in pretty much their entirety.

maximo310

« Reply #253 on: July 11, 2016, 10:02:21 pm »

The Black Swordsman arc and Lost Children arc in pretty much their entirety.
Yep, I guessed that since they already made those 3 movies off the Golden Age arc that they wouldn't do that again. But I was kinda bummed that they skipped over those arcs, especially the Lost Children one. Episode 2 starts off at Chapter 135 in the manga.

« Reply #254 on: July 11, 2016, 10:05:30 pm »
Could they just work those arcs into the story, just placed differently?  I don't know a ton from the manga itself.