Author Topic: Anime/Manga/Etc...  (Read 109859 times)

azure

Re: Anime/Manga/Etc...
« Reply #330 on: December 23, 2016, 10:23:33 pm »
And another part of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is done.  Honestly, I think I liked Part 2 and Part 3 better, just because the villains are way better.  Sure, it's unfair to compare him to Dio or the Pillar Men, who have absolutely insane powers, and maybe it was better to have a more grounded villain after those, but I did feel like the ending was a tad underwhelming.  It's not a bad Part, there's a lot of charming elements and characters, but Stardust Crusaders and Battle Tendency just had more I enjoyed overall and ended in big ways.

The next one I feel could be more interesting with a quick glimpse at its location and main character, so I'm hoping for things to pick up when that happens.

Part 5 is Japan's favorite so I can see David Production really giving it their all with it. (Assuming we get an adaptation)

« Reply #331 on: December 24, 2016, 02:36:21 am »
I assume we will see it continue, I think it's been doing good for them, but you never know.  I hear it gets ridiculous later on, so I really hope they continue on.  Sure, I could read the manga, but to me, Jojo is a show that is far more style over substance and looks better in motion than on the page.

azure

« Reply #332 on: December 24, 2016, 12:29:39 pm »
Yeah, the ridiculousness never stops when it comes to JoJo. You're in for some pretty bizarre stuff if they keep the adaptations up. I think DP does a great job adapting JoJo, while adding some additional story, aside from some of the animation messes we saw with Part 4. I gotta disagree with JoJo looking better in motion, it's a discredit to Araki's style. I believe it comes down to more of a preference, like you said on how some prefer too see something in motion than panels on a page.

I assume you don't know much of later parts by your wording. So what did you think of Part 4's shift in artstyle, from the more manly Fist of the North Star style from the earlier parts?

« Reply #333 on: December 24, 2016, 03:59:26 pm »
Yeah, the ridiculousness never stops when it comes to JoJo. You're in for some pretty bizarre stuff if they keep the adaptations up. I think DP does a great job adapting JoJo, while adding some additional story, aside from some of the animation messes we saw with Part 4. I gotta disagree with JoJo looking better in motion, it's a discredit to Araki's style. I believe it comes down to more of a preference, like you said on how some prefer too see something in motion than panels on a page.

I assume you don't know much of later parts by your wording. So what did you think of Part 4's shift in artstyle, from the more manly Fist of the North Star style from the earlier parts?

I probably like the show the most around Part 3, but I didn't mind the style shift at all.  I think it still looks pretty good as it is and I really loved the extreme color shifting they had with this one.  It kept everything very visually exciting.  As for what I meant about in motion, I've seen manga shots where clearly that glorious art is way better, for very specific scenes, it's definitely one of the better looking manga's I've seen, but still overall, I want to see the flurry of punches or hear the voices calling people out, things like that sell this show way more to me than simply reading the manga.

doafan

« Reply #334 on: January 05, 2017, 10:47:29 am »
Had the idea that Getsuyoubi no Tawawa was already over because at MyAnimeList the webpage that I use as a reference to know when an Anime will start and when it will finish they have this one with the status Finished Airing but yesterday when was looking for some gifs saw some new animations that have never seen before, didn't took me that much to know that they lied or were wrong so don't have to say that already have seen the episodes 13th and 14th, am glad that this one is still going on, it's a series that obviously have some Plot but the kind of Cute one with a silly history, dumb characters so it really deserves a chance also and because of this started to watch SoniAni: Super Sonico The Animation have seen the first three episodes and really have to say that am not disappointed, was expecting to see Plot of Sonico's boobs every damn minute but I was completely wrong, it does have a story a silly one but still entertaining, definitely will continue with the rest of the episodes  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #335 on: January 05, 2017, 06:18:35 pm »
Doesn't seem like much to watch for the winter season this year.  Blue Exorcist got a season 2 I might watch, and Akiba's Trip could maybe be something, though the game was so bad, it's kinda soured my interest lol Probably something you'd like I'd imagine, DOA lol

Dragon Ball Super is getting its English dub, so I might rewatch that and I'm seeing One Piece Gold in theater next week, but haven't seen too much else preparing to show up.  I think spring will be the big start of this year with Attack on Titan Season 2.

doafan

« Reply #336 on: January 06, 2017, 10:03:47 am »
Akiba's Trip could maybe be something, though the game was so bad, it's kinda soured my interest lol Probably something you'd like I'd imagine, DOA lol

Am kinda surprised for two things, first you seems to know me pretty well or at least you know the kind of Anime that I like and second already saw the first episode yesterday at night where I can only say that totally freaking love Akiba's Trip The Animation, it has the three things that I love, Plot, Boobs and my favorite place on earth Akihabara, can't wait for the second episode to be released  :-[

« Reply #337 on: January 13, 2017, 03:37:19 am »
Started into the new season with "Interview with Monster Girls" and its mostly just a cute highschool show.  It's kinda more the opposite of that other popular monster girls show, as it's nothing sexual really, outside of a little talk, but feels a tad more slice of life.  Just a kinda simple, cute show, where some of the other girls are "demi-humans", which mostly just means they are like genetically different from humans and are vampires, dulahans, snow women, succubus, etc...

doafan

« Reply #338 on: January 13, 2017, 02:55:11 pm »
Yesterday I started to watch my second favorite Anime from this season, am talking about Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon where have to say that nobody tell me anything about this one neither wasn't looking for some gifs around Tumblr anyway it appears that it'll be a good and comical series, am in love with Tooru and with those damn computers at Kobayashi office, they killed me with those amazing draws  ;D

« Reply #339 on: January 20, 2017, 07:00:20 am »
Watched the start of "Saga of Tanya the Evil" and its hard to tell if I like it or not.  I like the fictional WW1 setting, a slightly alternate world of ours where magic exists in the form of wearable gems/tech and the idea of mage forces that fly around and basically act as the aerial strikers rather than planes that would be there of the time.

Though as the title points out, Tanya is a cruel monster who just happens to be a kid, who is the reincarnation of a modern day Tokyo salaryman, who was an asshole, and is determined to rise up the ranks at any cost.  There are enjoyable asshole characters in anime for sure, but not sure about Tanya.  Again...it is in the title, "evil", but not sure if it makes for a watchable show.  At least some of the action is good to watch.  Also the reasoning why this guy was reincarnated seems real dumb and I'm kinda curious if that ends up being much of anything to the overall story by the end.  Also, I feel like she's just become like a dictator by the end too somehow.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 07:02:57 am by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #340 on: January 21, 2017, 11:36:03 am »
Have found my third favorite Anime from this season and it's kinda awkward that I did like it cause am not really into music but totally felt in love with Fuuka dunno if it's for the characters, the animation, the music or the story or maybe because it's from a genre that have never seen that I enjoyed this one that much, already have seen the four episodes that has been released in fact I just saw the last one a couple of minutes ago and already am waiting for the next one, damn am even considering to read the Manga just to know more about this one about the Plot well it's practically none but we already had the classic beach episode without a doubt it's very good and the draws kinda remind me another but right now can't say which one  :P

« Reply #341 on: January 21, 2017, 02:03:44 pm »
Music you say?  I on the other hand really enjoy music and there's a few music related anime I like, such as Detroit Metal City, Beck, and K-On.  I'll have to check this out.

*EDIT*
Nevermind, that first episode of Fuuka is awful lol
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 09:57:53 pm by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #342 on: January 23, 2017, 01:10:30 pm »
Oh come on you can't say that an Anime is awful just by watching the first episode well at least that's why I think, the real deal jus started at episode three when she decided to start the band and when .... am not gonna spoil you more but seriously if you don't have something better to do just give it a try.

« Reply #343 on: January 23, 2017, 03:09:58 pm »
First impressions matter for any show to me.  If you are an awful first episode, I'm not too inclined to keep going.  I might check out one more episode, but that was a terrible start lol

doafan

« Reply #344 on: January 23, 2017, 03:20:52 pm »
First impressions matter for any show to me.  If you are an awful first episode, I'm not too inclined to keep going.  I might check out one more episode, but that was a terrible start lol

Then give a try to the fourth episode cause in this one is the first "concert" that Yukka has, just be sure to let me know later if you liked or not  ;)