Author Topic: Anime/Manga/Etc...  (Read 111413 times)

Re: Anime/Manga/Etc...
« Reply #345 on: January 26, 2017, 09:55:21 pm »
Skimmed through Hand Shakers first episode hearing how bad it was and man...That was bad lol As I heard it said, it's basically the most ambitiously bad anime I've seen in awhile.  It has both good traditional animation and good rendered CG backgrounds and such, but combined they look horribly out of place, with crazy camera shifts and then like there's lots of bad CG mixed in and the characters are covered in shadow and lighting effects, it's incredibly awful.  It's frustrating to watch, which is a new feeling to me when watching anime, because every time there's some drastically out of touch visual element, its kinda draining to see.  Like you wouldn't think anything ridiculous would be happening with kids walking to school and there's lots of hand drawn characters which is more than you see in a lot of anime tv, but there's also the CG background and like weird lens choices and the camera is moving at the same time, and the sky is CONSTANTLY moving at high speed, oof...

That's a bad one lol

« Reply #346 on: January 29, 2017, 03:01:00 am »
Every time I see a well animated CG anime now, such as Ronja over at Amazon, I just think about how badly handled Berserk was.  THE Berserk gets garbage, while this family friendly show gets a nice 'ole adaptation.  Charming show, has some production help from Studio Ghibli, and the director is Goro Miyazaki, Hayao Miyazaki's son.  Likely my chill anime for the season.

doafan

« Reply #347 on: February 03, 2017, 10:41:40 am »
Don't want to admit it but I have found my fourth favorite Anime from this season, dunno what the hell it's happening to me I mean am still a damn perv but totally liked Seiren, the typical story of romantic and comical stuff at school anyway felt in love the first four episodes with Hikari Tsuneki which is not the typical girl that you expect to see in this kind of Anime and at the episode five I felt in love with Tooru Miyamae, the typical gamer girl that nobody knows that she likes to play video games, there is no much Plot here maybe a couple of them but very minimal and well done  :D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

doafan

« Reply #348 on: February 17, 2017, 06:55:32 pm »
These past days I have been watching the second season of Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 where was kinda disappointed after seeing the first episode because Lalatina aka Darkness leaved the team, leaving me with a broken heart but thank god that she returned in the latest one giving us again the Plot that we deserve (or at least the one that I want/need) the story hasn't changed that much, we got a couple of new characters from the Ova, it's not an Anime for everybody but indeed is good enough if you want to have some fun and if you don't want or expect a big story  ;D

« Reply #349 on: March 12, 2017, 05:32:51 am »
Watched the Gantz:0 movie up on Netflix and its pretty good.  I wasn't gonna watch it at first, because I thought the original show and manga was much more gory, like body horror level type stuff, but this is just extra violent with some real weird creatures to kill.  Certain types of gore is just too uncomfortable to me to watch, despite my enjoyment of zombie material and general violence.  This even turned into a Kaiju movie at one point.

I remember that I think I tried to watch the Gantz anime like 10 years ago, but don't remember too much from that at all and never read the manga. 

Anyone else know Gantz? I'm curious if they ever explain what Gantz really is, like its background and the reasoning for everything.  Its said in the movie that its aliens, so does the synopsis on the wiki, but the creature at the end says its gods that they are fighting, which would make sense being that they look like demons of Japanese folklore.  I don't want to be spoiled on what the answer is, just to know if they actually answer it.  Stuff like this can bug me at times if we never get a definitive answer.  Like I want to know how the virus spread in The Walking Dead, but I know they will never answer that lol

« Reply #350 on: March 14, 2017, 02:13:56 am »
I've turned around on Konosuba.  It didn't work for me on the first 5 episodes too much, but it began to grow on me and I've chuckled more at the show as its gone on.  It's a humor I needed today.

doafan

« Reply #351 on: March 14, 2017, 01:01:16 pm »
Last week started to watch Masamune-kun no Revenge and I really liked it, have seen the first ten episodes practically in a row where of course didn't forgot the other series that am currently following, with the little exception of Seiren which I paused for a couple of weeks or at least until this one is over and mainly because don't know what the hell is going with this one anymore, Masamune-kun has an interesting story, the characters are well done, not in a perfect way of course but since is the typical Romantic/Comedy type and this is not my favorite genre decided to give it a try, the Plot is minimum, practically none  ;D

doafan

« Reply #352 on: March 31, 2017, 02:00:47 pm »
Almost all the series that am currently watching are ending where I have to say that am kinda disappointed with some of these, for some reason got the feeling that if they wanted they could have done more, for example with Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 the only complain that I have with this one it's that it ended at the episode number ten but the good new is that we are going to have a third season, with Seiren dunno what the hell they where thinking cause they changed not only the story but also the waifu three damn times but am ok cause the ending was highly appreciated, the one that really deserves all my hate is Fukka the ending and the development of the latest episodes were pure crap, won't expect a second season cause the totally killed the story, for this one I started to read the manga and can only say that I missed TRUCK-SAN!!! anyway not everything was bad this season cause Masamune-kun no Revenge leaved a good impression and totally expect a second season also Akiba's Trip The Animation had thirteen episodes where haven't seen the latest episode, am leaving this one for this next Sunday, without a doubt my favorite Anime is Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon and really gonna miss this one, felt in love Tooru and Quetzalcoatl, the good thing is that for this one they will release seven specials  ;D

« Reply #353 on: March 31, 2017, 02:05:54 pm »
Oh Fukka ended up sucking? I could've remembered you telling me I just HAD to get back into it lol

While stuff is ending, the new seasons kicks in right away as Attack on Titan Season 2 is tomorrow I believe and maybe My Hero Academia Season 2.  I didn't see a ton this season that interested me, so I might just way to see if there's any gems I didn't know about to check out.

doafan

« Reply #354 on: March 31, 2017, 02:28:04 pm »
Oh Fukka ended up sucking? I could've remembered you telling me I just HAD to get back into it lol

While stuff is ending, the new seasons kicks in right away as Attack on Titan Season 2 is tomorrow I believe and maybe My Hero Academia Season 2.  I didn't see a ton this season that interested me, so I might just way to see if there's any gems I didn't know about to check out.

I already got one Anime from this new season in mind and am pretty sure that you already know which one it is  ;)

« Reply #355 on: March 31, 2017, 02:32:02 pm »

I already got one Anime from this new season in mind and am pretty sure that you already know which one it is  ;)

If I had to make an educated guess, I'm gonna say Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Sword Oratoria. 

doafan

« Reply #356 on: March 31, 2017, 02:49:04 pm »
If I had to make an educated guess, I'm gonna say Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Sword Oratoria.

Nein mi estimado mon ami am looking forward to enjoy Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai  ;D

« Reply #357 on: April 01, 2017, 03:33:26 am »
Anything this season that looks real chill to watch?  As much as I like my action anime, I usually like to have a chill anime to watch, such as Flying Witch or just kinda simple slice of life type shows.  Slowly going through Terrace House on Netflix, a Japanese reality show where you see these young 20 somethings slowly having these very cutely awkward, innocent, and simple growing relationships with each other.  Feels way more real than most American reality shows such as like a Real World or something like that lol

« Reply #358 on: April 01, 2017, 11:08:38 pm »
Man, the Attack on Titan intro this time is real spoilery, with stuff that I'm not even sure they'll get to by the time the second season is done, I mean I read ahead in the manga, so I know a good bit of what happens for awhile and I still didn't know this kind of stuff was coming.  If you are trying to be as spoiler free as possible with this show, best to just minimize the window for the opening to listen to the good song and ignore what is playing, because I'm kinda surprised they revealed what they did which involves the Titans.

doafan

« Reply #359 on: April 02, 2017, 10:46:56 am »
If am not wrong I saw the first ten episodes of Attack on Titan, the show was pretty good but right now dunno why the hell didn't saw the rest of the episodes, guess that if there is nothing good for me this season I'll continue with the first season so I can continue with the new one anyway yesterday started to read the manga Hajimete no Gal, am currently at chapter 12 and since there will be an anime adaption really want to know all of it before it's aired, as far as I know it will be released this summer and for some gifs that casually I found it seems that they are doing an outstanding job  ;D