Author Topic: Anime/Manga/Etc...  (Read 109876 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: Anime/Manga/Etc...
« Reply #375 on: October 01, 2017, 04:07:52 pm »
Black Clover sounded like One Piece, but with wizards (Or I guess just most Shonen shows)

Sooooooo............. another Fairy Tail? Dear God help us.

« Reply #376 on: October 01, 2017, 05:27:00 pm »
Black Clover sounded like One Piece, but with wizards (Or I guess just most Shonen shows)

I might be over simplifying the plot I read on it, but whenever it's like a kid determined to be the "King" (In this case, the Wizard King, who is apparently the top knight in the kingdom, I'm either thinking One Piece or Naruto lol

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #377 on: October 01, 2017, 07:07:42 pm »

I might be over simplifying the plot I read on it, but whenever it's like a kid determined to be the "King" (In this case, the Wizard King, who is apparently the top knight in the kingdom, I'm either thinking One Piece or Naruto lol

Hey I  look for any reason to take a jab at Fairy Tail. I'm a little salty that it ended up going on for longer than Rave Master did.

« Reply #378 on: October 07, 2017, 06:12:55 am »
Starting into the Fall season of shows...Not sure if I'll get to Girls Last Tour as it's on Anime Strike and I don't plan to renew since that's the only show on there for the season that interested me.  I do want to see that one though, the concept interested me.

Black Clover - Instant Fail.  I have never hated a lead character so much so fast.  Much as I was bringing up shonen shows this sounded like, the lead character is basically Luffy, Naruto, and Natsu, but all the bad parts of them, combined with what may be one of the single most aggravating voice actors I've heard in anime.  He just yells 85% of his dialogue and it's piercing and painful.  This show itself might have an okay premise, a generic one, but it's dead to me.  The lead character has destroyed this show.  An English dub would fix that awful voice, but it wouldn't fix this awful character.

Garo - Vanishing Line - I wanted to like this one more than I did.  Premise is basic, seems to be a normal person with a mystery to solve gets caught up in this dark underworld of monsters, saved by the good tough guy, who is a part of a team hunting monsters.  It's got good music, reasonably good animation, and the main character is your friendly, charismatic, but slightly sleazy, badass.  It's negative is that the camera work they have going on makes a lot of the action incomprehensible.  Lots of artificial camera shake and wonky edits, or just crazy camera work that takes what I can tell is good action, and makes it hard to follow.  It's a shame, because there's a reasonable show here.  I'll try and keep up with this one.  Has a song from Jam Project for the OP, so that's also a plus.  Need that camera work to get better.

Love is like a Cocktail - So I didn't know what this was exactly, but apparently it's a one of those super short shows and was only three minutes long and I didn't know this beforehand lol Basically it seems to be a show about this straight laced office chief who becomes a cute, goofball, when she drinks and the show features some specific drink in it...Yeah...It was a thing? A cute thing? It's a thing lol

Kino's Journey - This is a slightly odd one.  I guess it's based off an older light novel that got an anime in the early 2000's and this is just a new adaptation on it.  It's about a kid traveling through this fictional world on a talking motorcycle (Which is totally normal for the world) and it involves traveling to a new country (Countries seem to be quite small) with unique customs in each one.  I feel like they want to say towns or villages more than countries...  I think maybe every episode will sorta revolve around some sort of philosophical or moral concept, as this one was about a country that made murder legal.  Sounds like it would be crazy, but it was actually very chill, almost slice of life like in tone as not a lot goes on, though it had a tiny dark bent to it in an interesting way.  I kinda liked it though.  I'm kinda curious where it may go, but not sure if I'll stick with it for long unless they bring more into the show.

Konohana Kitan - This was the last of the brand new shows I was gonna check out.  Was looking at this one for my chill/cute show I tend to like having as something to wind down from most of the action heavy shows I watch and games I play, but...This wasn't bad, but it was a little fanservice'y and more goofy than I would like it to be.  Story is basically about a young fox girl who comes to work with other fox girls at a traditional Japanese onsen, set in an old fantasy Japanese setting, but I feel like I wanted something a little more slice of life and less "Cute girls be cute"...Like Hanasaku Iroha was, where this kinda has that same concept, just more cutesy overall, and is less interesting because of it.  I'll probably pass on this.  I think my chill show will be Sakura Quest still, which I only watched the first 11 episodes of and it's up to 25 now.

Only thing left is Food Wars returning, which will be great.  Oh and Blood Blockade Battlefront season 2, which looks like it starts today.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 07:19:28 am by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #379 on: October 07, 2017, 02:22:17 pm »
Have finally managed to completed those series that I was enjoying this season where now am expecting and really can't wait to see the second seasons of Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e and Kakegurui both were amazing and the end of their last episodes only leaved me with the impression that I haven't seen the best of them, from the rest of the Animes that I was following aka Hajimete no Gal, Skirt no Naka wa Kedamono Deshita, Netsuzou TRap, Re:Creators really don't expect anything well maybe with Isekai Shokudou (Restaurant to Another World) which by the way was if not an attempt of copying the idea/concept of Shokugeki no Souma it sure was a nice idea, really loved each one of the episodes and each one of the characters that made their appearance at this one  ;)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #380 on: October 08, 2017, 01:12:54 am »

After years of gradually picking up volumes here and there, I finally acquired all 37 volumes of this awesome series last weekend. on a side note I also picked up the remaining three volumes of Neon Genesis as well to complete that set, but I digress. I first starting reading Gantz back in 2010 and despite the series not being finished until 2013 and the final volume not being released in English until last year I believe. Because it was unfinished I was only able to read up until volume 23, and many of the later volumes I read on Manga scan websites with fan translations. Even though I have never finished the series, it is currently my favorite Manga series of all time. Now that I have all the volumes in their official translated releases I am reading the series from the beginning and plan on reading the whole series. I hope that it remains my favorite manga after I reread what I've read so far, plus the manga that I've never read.

azure

« Reply #381 on: October 09, 2017, 03:05:01 pm »

After years of gradually picking up volumes here and there, I finally acquired all 37 volumes of this awesome series last weekend. on a side note I also picked up the remaining three volumes of Neon Genesis as well to complete that set, but I digress. I first starting reading Gantz back in 2010 and despite the series not being finished until 2013 and the final volume not being released in English until last year I believe. Because it was unfinished I was only able to read up until volume 23, and many of the later volumes I read on Manga scan websites with fan translations. Even though I have never finished the series, it is currently my favorite Manga series of all time. Now that I have all the volumes in their official translated releases I am reading the series from the beginning and plan on reading the whole series. I hope that it remains my favorite manga after I reread what I've read so far, plus the manga that I've never read.

Gantz is sooo good, congrats on completing your set! Hope it still holds up for you, it's one of my favorite Manga series for sure.

« Reply #382 on: October 09, 2017, 05:37:36 pm »

Gantz is sooo good, congrats on completing your set! Hope it still holds up for you, it's one of my favorite Manga series for sure.

It is! I am a big fan of action Manga because they often read fast and I really dig the style of most of them. Another series I love is Claymore. I need to finish that one as well since the last time I started reading it they were only up to volume 20 or so.

davifus

« Reply #383 on: October 13, 2017, 03:13:55 am »

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 05:24:40 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #384 on: October 13, 2017, 03:47:10 pm »

After I read this post. I went and blitz it the last two days. Now, I feel empty, mixed emotion, Shipped Reika, Sad, bothered by some of the plot holes and wasted arc potential (vampire one), very much enjoyed it, RIP reika, Lack of Grammar in my part, I glad the author killed both Reika and Clone Kei rather than keeping one of them alive [I hate when some story do that], Tae cool and all but only existed for the sake of plot Armour for Kei, Happy for Kato & Anzu, Felt bad during god scene when they revived kei preivous lovers [Sorry Laura Croft], TFW a good manga ends and you question life "why god", emotional rollercoaster, fuck Izumi [what a douche] & Fuck Natsu [slime]. I'll end my babbling for now.  Reika was true BAE.

Time to go watch the ANIME, which I doubt covers all the manga.

DUDE, DUDE...Spoilers much!

davifus

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #386 on: December 31, 2017, 12:17:45 am »

Finally got around to watching "Your Name." and it's a pretty sweet and beautiful film.  It didn't blow me away like it did for others, perhaps the hype levels were too much from what I've heard since it was in theaters, but I really did enjoy it.  It's so wonderfully animated, with the music mixing really well with what's going on and a story that had just enough of an engaging element to surprise me.

doafan

« Reply #387 on: January 05, 2018, 02:28:49 pm »
Am still here and yes I still watch Anime and it's kinda curious cause I was expecting more series this past season but only saw two of all of them, am talking about Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara which is tthe this season of this Anime which by the way ended the best possible way, am being tempted to read the manga just to see what will happen next and the other one is Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken I admit it this one is pure fan service that was the main reason why I saw it, can wait to see the Ova that will be released this next month of March  ;D

« Reply #388 on: January 05, 2018, 03:32:24 pm »
I watched a few last season and not sure what I'm watching this season.  I'm catching up on Girls Last Tour, which was Anime Strike exclusive on Amazon Prime (They just shutdown Anime Strike and moved it into Prime itself, so no more extra costs just to watch anime, so I highly recommend Made in Abyss, RE: Creators, and so far Girls Last Tour is cute with an interesting setting and tone).  Kinda waiting to see impressions on stuff to find out what to watch so far as I've only watched one new show this season so far, though the main shows haven't started yet.

doafan

« Reply #389 on: January 07, 2018, 02:11:10 pm »
This past Friday I just found my first favorite Anime from this season, am taking about Grancrest Senki  8)