Author Topic: Anime/Manga/Etc...  (Read 109871 times)

Re: Anime/Manga/Etc...
« Reply #390 on: January 10, 2018, 03:52:46 am »
With Anime Strike gone, figured I'd take advantage of that with my Prime membership and decided to binge through Inuyashiki.  It's a harsh and intense show, which makes sense coming from the guy who did Gantz.  It's less about visceral gore, but real feeling brutality, putting aside what the two main characters are.  It's pretty dark, but mostly balanced by the joy coming from Inuyashiki and his actions.  So it's extreme dark and extreme good.  It's a rough watch for me as I'm not overly into dark stuff, like violence isn't an issue usually, I can watch Berserk or Hellsing just fine, but like body horror and purposefully realistic violence can be unsettling, but this show is interesting and really well done.  Don't think I particularly love the ending, but overall I'm fine with it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:22:18 am by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #391 on: January 11, 2018, 04:31:47 pm »
Have found my second favorite Anime from this season, now am talking about Citrus was looking for some fanservice but I found a good story and some rare characters here, have big expectations of this one  :o

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

doafan

« Reply #392 on: January 24, 2018, 06:14:33 pm »
Just found my third Anime of this season or should I say my favorite one at this point, really love the story, draws, colors, everything about this one is so damn precious, at my opinion it's the kind of Anime that everybody needs to give it a try, am talking about Violet Evergarden, just saw the two first episodes in a row and really want to see what happens next.

« Reply #393 on: January 24, 2018, 06:29:29 pm »
Just found my third Anime of this season or should I say my favorite one at this point, really love the story, draws, colors, everything about this one is so damn precious, at my opinion it's the kind of Anime that everybody needs to give it a try, am talking about Violet Evergarden, just saw the two first episodes in a row and really want to see what happens next.

Yeah I wanted to watch it, but Netflix are being shits and have decided to delay releasing it regularly, only in North America, so that we can binge it down the road.  Nice of them to make that decision for us, so now I'm missing an entire show this season.  I could illegally stream it, I still might, but for now, I at least have more than enough to watch, so it's not a huge problem.  Funnily enough, the most entertaining show this season to me is Killing Bites.  It's trashy garbage, but it's entertaining trashy garbage lol

doafan

« Reply #394 on: January 24, 2018, 06:33:30 pm »
Funnily enough, the most entertaining show this season to me is Killing Bites.  It's trashy garbage, but it's entertaining trashy garbage lol

You just gave me another one for my perv list, will try to make some free at night when am at home ALONE, FAP YEAH!  ;D

desocietas

« Reply #395 on: January 24, 2018, 06:36:29 pm »
So I've been eying the Humble Attack on Titan bundle... think I should bite on it? I've read the first few issues (I think I got up to the part about the first "special" titan) and enjoyed it and am thinking about just buying the e-collection up to the top tier. I'm sure my public library has them as well.

Anyone who's familiar with the series have any thoughts?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

doafan

« Reply #396 on: January 24, 2018, 06:39:43 pm »
Only saw like fifteen episodes of the first season but honestly why the heck are you asking us if you should buy it, for me it's a must have  8)

« Reply #397 on: January 24, 2018, 06:48:40 pm »
So I've been eying the Humble Attack on Titan bundle... think I should bite on it? I've read the first few issues (I think I got up to the part about the first "special" titan) and enjoyed it and am thinking about just buying the e-collection up to the top tier. I'm sure my public library has them as well.

Anyone who's familiar with the series have any thoughts?

I think the manga is overall good and adds abit more to the show that got overlooked so they can make the show work.  I ended up downloading a bunch back when the first big game came out, because I wanted more story.  Either way, that's a great price for all that manga as manga isn't particularly cheap and you get like 50 volumes for  only something like 20 bucks.

desocietas

« Reply #398 on: January 24, 2018, 08:34:53 pm »
Only saw like fifteen episodes of the first season but honestly why the heck are you asking us if you should buy it, for me it's a must have  8)

lol, well this is for the manga, but I get what you mean ;P

I think the manga is overall good and adds abit more to the show that got overlooked so they can make the show work.  I ended up downloading a bunch back when the first big game came out, because I wanted more story.  Either way, that's a great price for all that manga as manga isn't particularly cheap and you get like 50 volumes for  only something like 20 bucks.

Yeah, I watched a few episodes of the anime up until the same part at where I stopped in the manga (approximately the first season, I think), and I agree that the manga gets some more of the good details that get glossed over in the anime. Also a bit more gruesome, too, which I admittedly kinda appreciate!

Thanks, all. I'll probably end up picking it up so that it's on hand when I get the urge to read manga again.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

doafan

« Reply #399 on: January 25, 2018, 10:28:16 am »
lol, well this is for the manga, but I get what you mean ;P

Sorry my mistake anyway I didn't saw Killing Bites yesterday and not because I didn't wanted, was about to do it but when I entered the webpage saw that Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen has been released and I didn't knew it so saw the first two episodes, I fucking love Kero-chan and the rest of the characters heck I even will gonna get a copy of these episodes so my daughter can see at the TV this Anime  :'(

doafan

« Reply #400 on: February 08, 2018, 01:41:39 pm »
Finally managed to make some free time and enjoyed the first four episodes of Killing Bites dunno how the hell I missed this one buts is already on my playlist am also glad that was able to saw the uncensored version anyway also started to watch Nanatsu no Bitoku, already have seen two episodes where definetely this is the show I was waiting this season, to bad that I can't upload Gif's here  ;D

doafan

« Reply #401 on: March 04, 2018, 02:10:52 pm »
Didn't expect to have many series to watch this season but found another two more, am talking about Darling in the FranXX and 25-sai no Jyoshikousei, it's very hard to make some free time to watch all of them, with the work, social life, family, games, comics and all the usual stuff am glad that I still continue with this hobbie  8)

doafan

« Reply #402 on: July 14, 2019, 11:54:51 am »
Since there is no reason to start a new topic have to say that have completed the One Punch Man Second Season which by the way was kinda lame, am not saying that I didn't enjoyed but season 1 was pure perfection anyway the one that I did enjoyed and a lot was Nande Koko ni Sensei ga!? now am waiting for the uncensored version but this one will be available until December, started to read the manga because they took so many good adventures with the Anime adaption also started to watch today Tsuujou Kougeki ga Zentai Kougeki de Ni-kai Kougeki no Okaasan wa Suki Desu ka and I really love it  ;D

doafan

« Reply #403 on: January 07, 2020, 01:42:05 pm »
Kinda feel bad for seeing this thread so lonely plus the fact that I was the last one who posted here makes me more sad, haven't forgot to watch Anime these past days or should I say months, started to follow at least eight series but being honest completed two of them first, started with Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tsueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru where a lot of people said that they were so lazy with the draws/animations but honestly I didn't mind if this is true or not cause really loved the story, the useless goddess with reminded me a lot to my beloved Aqua but in a blonde version and of course the badass hero that they gave us, cant't say to much cause don't want to give any spoiler.

The other one was Enen no Shouboutai managed to get to this Anime for a gif that I saw at the comment section of one post at 9GAG (love to waste my time at that page), asked for the name and that was all I needed to felt in love with it, started a little late, when I saw the first episode already 13 of them were released and after that I was always expecting the next one, everything in this one is perfect, gotta love all the characters even the anoying ones, damn it I even loved the opening songs which by the way I got as my ringtone, saw the 24th episodes and can't wait to see the second season, I'll start reading the manga just to see which parts were removed and didn't appear at the Anime cause they always do this.

« Reply #404 on: January 07, 2020, 06:52:16 pm »
I haven't been watching as much anime lately, though I got back to watching My Hero Academia and Dr. Stone and I still casually watch One Piece which is in a pretty great arc right now.  Really needed this arc after what I thought was a pretty bad arc with Big Mom.  Also need to get back to watching Dragon Ball GT, but these early episodes are terrible lol And I got Claymore on Bluray for Christmas, so I'll gonna watch that through as I haven't seen it in years.