Author Topic: Anime/Manga/Etc...  (Read 109842 times)

Anime/Manga/Etc...
« on: September 01, 2014, 06:03:40 am »
As we were starting to take up the other thread with pure anime talk and with it becoming more than just what we watched, figured we could do with a discussion thread for everything Anime related, tossing in Manga if you read it, to I guess even if J-Pop, J-Rock, or whatever else Japanese related.

I last posted my anime list I put together.  Should have most of what I have watched, though I'm sure I'm missing stuff here and there, particularly older anime I'm spacing on.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KamikazeKeeg

dreama1

Re: Anime/Manga/Etc...
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 09:21:33 am »
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:23:25 am by dreama1 »

davifus

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 09:36:52 am »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

davifus

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 09:55:54 am »
You should watch boku no pico. Top quality stuff 10/10 would watch again #1 show.

In other news Kuroko no Basket (Manga) is finally over.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 11:38:01 am by davifus »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 10:44:17 am »
Well here's mine
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Demise_of_Sanity

BTW I've seen on amazon there are placeholders for the original arc of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Phantom Blood) and judging from the price it's going to be the 3 in 1 books bad news first one's not coming out until February.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 11:29:11 am by redblaze57 »

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 04:21:17 pm »
You should watch boku no pico. Top quality stuff 10/10 would watch again #1 show.

Lets not bring that kind of stuff in here lol

Having seen my anime list, did you have any slice of life type shows to bring up like we talked about before? Doesn't need to be super serious, but also shouldn't be cartoony goofy.  Just kinda looking for interesting japanese life stuff like maybe they run a store in Japan or something else like that.  Too much anime out there to tell what is good, what is just goofy harem anime, and what might just be depressing, though I'm totally fine if it has feels.  Feels are good.

dreama1

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 04:27:26 pm »

Having seen my anime list, did you have any slice of life type shows to bring up like we talked about before? Doesn't need to be super serious, but also shouldn't be cartoony goofy.  Just kinda looking for interesting japanese life stuff like maybe they run a store in Japan or something else like that.  Too much anime out there to tell what is good, what is just goofy harem anime, and what might just be depressing, though I'm totally fine if it has feels.  Feels are good.
I think myanimelist has been hacked.

davifus

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 04:27:34 pm »

Can you be a little more specific on Cartoony goofy? Is anything fine as long its not a cliche harem?

davifus

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 04:28:02 pm »

What happened?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 04:31:50 pm »

What happened?

some of the animes names have been change and a lot more their episode count.... IS OVER 9000!!!!

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 04:33:15 pm »
Can be a little more specific on Cartoony goofy? IS anything fine as long its not a cliche harem?

Can't think of examples off the top of my head, but just like goofiness where it's all extreme cartoon reaction shots and they turn into little characters all the time, that kind of stuff, but yeah, as long as it's not cliche harem stuff, I'm kinda alright with it, just kinda anything that could be considered pretty good and maybe even interesting to watch.

Oh I see what you mean about the hack.  That explains why a number of the entries got messed up, particularly with extremely popular anime series. Doesn't seem to be very serious though other than being obnoxious lol

dreama1

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 04:42:02 pm »
Can be a little more specific on Cartoony goofy? IS anything fine as long its not a cliche harem?

Can't think of examples off the top of my head, but just like goofiness where it's all extreme cartoon reaction shots and they turn into little characters all the time, that kind of stuff, but yeah, as long as it's not cliche harem stuff, I'm kinda alright with it, just kinda anything that could be considered pretty good and maybe even interesting to watch.

Oh I see what you mean about the hack.  That explains why a number of the entries got messed up, particularly with extremely popular anime series. Doesn't seem to be very serious though other than being obnoxious lol
Hey I just gave you one ive seen over 500 series I know my stuff.  It's what you asked for slice of life right.  That's the best one to grace planet earth.

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 05:10:24 pm »

Hey I just gave you one ive seen over 500 series I know my stuff.  It's what you asked for slice of life right.  That's the best one to grace planet earth.

I didn't know that is what it was or was directed at me lol I'll check it out here.

davifus

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 05:15:10 pm »
I just wrote like 2 pages of shows then I click back and lost all of it... I'll try again later in the comfort of my home.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 10:38:22 pm »
You were expecting fries

BUT IT WAS ME DIO