Author Topic: Anime/Manga/Etc...  (Read 109866 times)

Re: Anime/Manga/Etc...
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2014, 07:38:03 pm »
That's pretty cool, despite the cons. 

The only thing close to me that doesn't require renting a hotel for the night or weekend is just a day show for anime, comics, and gaming.  It hasn't really changed in the couple years I've gone which is a shame as it has a lot of potential to grow bigger to a day full of entertainment, but they still mostly just have the same couple vendors, the same couple artists, and kind of the same usual stuff as before, though this year there was even less panel stuff and what there was, wasn't for me.  But I can't complain too much as it is a very small event.  I'm kinda hoping that now they have found an overall bigger place to utilize, though it has bad for panels, they can try and make it grow by trying to get more artists and vendors to show up.

maximo310

« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2014, 08:09:56 pm »
These experience posts are pretty cool to hear about the different types of anime conventions that I've never heard of, and things I might want to check out in the future.

For me, Anime Expo, that big convention, is super close to my house and always has gigantic crowds thanks to continuous record-breaking attendance figures that the convention has had for the last several years. I heard quite a lot about how bad the lines were , even just for getting in and for many of the panels. From what I've heard from friends, there were a lot of cool panels and stuff to buy, but there's just too many people in demand to see panels, try out games+ demos, and to even buy stuff from really popular vendors. I was planning to go this year, but I forgot about registration and missed out due to school and stuff, so hopefully I'll be able to check it out next, especially since I haven't been to it since 06'( which was the year i got to play Metal Slug 6 on the Sammy Atomiswave with a bunch of other people, good times).

« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2014, 08:56:20 pm »
I've been to Shadocon for a day in Tampa which is a smaller anime/mixed convention and it was pretty fun.  Got to listen to Egoraptor and Doug Walker (Nostalgia Critic), got their autographics, went to some panels, played some games, and got to check out a bunch of cosplay as I'm huge into cosplay stuff.  It's one of the reasons I want to try and go to more and it helps push me to work on my own stuff.

I also went to Metrocon in Orlando for the day years ago which was real fun, but hectic and real cool seeming some bigger celebrities.  I get so nervous meeting people like that lol It was my first real convention at the time and it is what started me wanting to go to more.

Wish I lived in Tampa really as they have two or three small to mid-sized ones throughout the year.

« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2014, 09:17:59 pm »
NDK is unfortunately the only Anime/Gaming convention I have been to so my experience with cons of this sort is limited. The other convention in town, Animetown Wasabi is relatively new and I didn't even know about it until about a year ago.

The attendance at NDK is pretty enormous for the venue, around 10k in a hotel that is quite crowded at even half that capacity which gives you an idea how chaotic it is. With that said, the lines are typically insane, some you have to get in line over 2-hour before to ensure you will have sitting when you get in. The video game panel wasn't bad in terms of the line, but the AMV contest line seriously wrapped around the whole interior of the hotel almost twice over. I was somewhere in the middle of that line (got in line an hour and a half prior to the event) and just barely got a seat. And there is often more people than space to walk throughout the whole convention. Attendees have begged the organizers to move to a larger venue for years, but they refuse to. Parking is terrible as well.

« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2014, 10:36:32 pm »
NDK is unfortunately the only Anime/Gaming convention I have been to so my experience with cons of this sort is limited. The other convention in town, Animetown Wasabi is relatively new and I didn't even know about it until about a year ago.

The attendance at NDK is pretty enormous for the venue, around 10k in a hotel that is quite crowded at even half that capacity which gives you an idea how chaotic it is. With that said, the lines are typically insane, some you have to get in line over 2-hour before to ensure you will have sitting when you get in. The video game panel wasn't bad in terms of the line, but the AMV contest line seriously wrapped around the whole interior of the hotel almost twice over. I was somewhere in the middle of that line (got in line an hour and a half prior to the event) and just barely got a seat. And there is often more people than space to walk throughout the whole convention. Attendees have begged the organizers to move to a larger venue for years, but they refuse to. Parking is terrible as well.

Weird that they are refusing to move.  It would certainly cost more, but I imagine if they are reaching max population, it'll work out for them to have more available space.

« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2014, 11:29:24 pm »
Another new one I've added to the watch along with Barakamon is called HaNaYaMaTa.  It basically seems to be like K-On! but instead of a band, it's centered on a group dance style called Yosakoi.  Even sorta has the same kind of beginnings of needing more members to have a full group and be able to start a club at the school.  Though it being familiar to K-On! is certainly a good thing and of course it has its own unique characters, but you get that same sorta vibe from it.  Only 11 episodes released so far, so it is easy to get into and it's on Crunchyroll.

davifus

« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2014, 11:45:40 pm »
I don't know I try to stay away from the Moe Blob shit like that excluding K-ON and some stuff. I feel like they waste of my time, but that doesnt mean I'll completely shun the MOE BLOB category... it just takes a certain one for me to watch it and enjoy it.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2014, 12:09:23 am »
I don't know I try to stay away from the Moe Blob shit like that excluding K-ON and some stuff. I feel like they waste of my time, but that doesnt mean I'll completely shun the MOE BLOB category... it just takes a certain one for me to watch it and enjoy it.

I agree, I feel it's very easy to just turn into a boring moe mush of pointless cuteness in shows like this if it doesn't have much a point and is just about like school life, but so far it's abit more entertaining like the others and once it gets settled into the yosakoi aspect more, it'll be a new thing to learn about as I had never seen something about yosakoi before.  I feel that'll be enough to kinda hook me in like K-On! did, where it probably would've been far to sugary and fluffy if it was just about highschool life, but because it had the band and music aspect, it was a lot more fun to watch.

davifus

« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2014, 09:43:07 pm »
Saw Alnoah Zero Ep 12 yesterday... Yeezus WHY
FUCKING SLAINE
FUCKING JANUARY 2015
Still Waiting for MY ED Sound Track to come in & SAO 2 ED Soundtrack.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2014, 10:23:06 pm »
FUCKING SLAINE
FUCKING JANUARY 2015

I will say I did not see that ending coming at all. defiantly a WHAT THE FUCK... WHY? moment.

davifus

« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2014, 10:34:03 pm »
FUCKING SLAINE
FUCKING JANUARY 2015

I will say I did not see that ending coming at all. defiantly a WHAT THE FUCK... WHY? moment.

Apparently from rumors that Slaine is going to be the MC for Season 2... I dont know how Im going to watch it without hating it.

« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2014, 05:50:31 pm »
That ending...fuck...I don't even know how to truly feel with it and how they are gonna really go about with the second season.  I don't even really understand why he did what he did exactly. God damn this is not a show that follows normal conventions at all.  I can't remember the last show to do this.  Even Game of Thrones isn't that ballsy lol

davifus

« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2014, 10:13:45 pm »
Yoooooooooooooooooooo, I can't wait to pop this shit in!

This is amazing, totally worth getting looks great sounds great.
I can't wait for my SAO ED.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 10:49:43 pm by davifus »

davifus

« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2014, 11:06:47 am »
Blitzed Glasslip yesterday night because I heard they werent going to have any NTR bullshit... talk about mind fuck. This show has more plot hole than swiss cheese, it has such a deep ideal behind it you can't be comprehend it, so much lack of character development on certain character. Art style and music was great just what I would expect from nanoRipe and P.A.

It has an open ended ending that didnt really explain much and left more questions because it didn't give us a closure.
I have mix feelings for the show but it left a bad unsatisfying  after taste in my mouth. 5/10 just because of art & music.

Considered a extreme bad show by many.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 11:09:52 am by davifus »

« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2014, 05:41:17 pm »
Blitzed Glasslip yesterday night because I heard they werent going to have any NTR bullshit... talk about mind fuck. This show has more plot hole than swiss cheese, it has such a deep ideal behind it you can't be comprehend it, so much lack of character development on certain character. Art style and music was great just what I would expect from nanoRipe and P.A.

It has an open ended ending that didnt really explain much and left more questions because it didn't give us a closure.
I have mix feelings for the show but it left a bad unsatisfying  after taste in my mouth. 5/10 just because of art & music.

Considered a extreme bad show by many.

And continuing to be glad I stopped watching after episode 1 lol

Nice end to the current arc of Sword Art Online.  I'm going to miss GGO because I love the idea of a large scale shooter MMO more than I do a fantasy one as I heard the next arc goes back to ALO stuff and that was one of the weaker aspects of the first season of the show after they got out of SAO.