Author Topic: Anime/Manga/Etc...  (Read 110526 times)

Re: Anime/Manga/Etc...
« Reply #180 on: August 20, 2015, 02:35:32 am »
Catching up with some of the new stuff over on Crunchyroll after binging through Tokyo Ghoul and Darker Than Black. 

Gate is really balancing this fine line.  I love the modern/fantasy setting mixture, and how the modern military is creating an entirely one sided battle, everything about that is great and there needs to continually be this awe and wonder about modern military engineering lol The more cliched almost harem thing they got going on though nearly derails the show though I feel.  I don't mind that the lead is an otaku, because he's still a very competent soldier, but all the awkward girl situations just feel kinda lame.  Dumbs down what is a pretty great story idea.

Rokka continues to be real good.

Aoharu x Machinegun is still odd, but entertaining at least.  Basically a less overtly sexual Free lol
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 03:05:26 am by kamikazekeeg »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #181 on: August 20, 2015, 08:02:10 am »
So, after much procrastination, I finally got around to watching my blu ray Fate Stay Night "Complete Collection".  It's a 2 disc set with 24 episodes - I'm assuming it's the 'basic' set/season.

Anyways, I...fucking loved it!

Question:  Any sequels, side-stories, etc. worth watching?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

davifus

« Reply #182 on: August 20, 2015, 10:35:16 am »
So, after much procrastination, I finally got around to watching my blu ray Fate Stay Night "Complete Collection".  It's a 2 disc set with 24 episodes - I'm assuming it's the 'basic' set/season.

Anyways, I...fucking loved it!

Question:  Any sequels, side-stories, etc. worth watching?

In the world of the fate there are three routes. Fate (Saber), Unlimited Blade (Rin),  and Heaven's feel (Sakura).

The one you watched was the Fate route. Unlimited Blade just finished about a season or 2 ago and Heaven's Feel is coming out as a movie.

I recommend you watch Fate Zero, the prequel to all of this.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #183 on: August 20, 2015, 05:45:27 pm »
I liked Fate Zero more than I did Stay Night Unlimited Bladeworks.  It felt more coherent.  Stay Night has the better animation for sure though.

jsoup

« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2015, 06:42:48 am »
Been meaning to do it since I quit my Shonen Jump subscription a very long time ago, but I've finally shotgunned Hikaru no Go. I remember it having a decent story and I'm happy to finally see it all the way through.

« Reply #185 on: August 29, 2015, 03:02:20 am »
I keep forgetting how amazingly cheerful it is to watch My Love Story.  Anime isn't exactly known for its quality romantic stuff I feel, not that I've watched a ton, but it tends to have its cliches that kinda drag it down, but this show has a totally proper couple who totally love each other, filled with great humor, and they seem to regularly knock down alot of the tropes pretty quick, heck, having the big brutish guy as the lead instead of the pretty boy is a shift in type itself.  Really great humor also and it seems like every episode has a half dozen or more gif-able moments lol

abe

« Reply #186 on: September 03, 2015, 01:52:25 pm »
Finished Plastic Memories. Why won't my face stop leaking? :'( :'( :'(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

davifus

« Reply #187 on: September 03, 2015, 02:08:45 pm »
Finished Plastic Memories. Why won't my face stop leaking? :'( :'( :'(

doafan

« Reply #188 on: September 13, 2015, 11:34:33 am »
Has been a rough end and start of month cause my schedules at work have changed a lot but still managed to saw the latest episodes of Shokugeki no Souma, in fact a couple of minutes ago saw the number 23 meanwhile I was eating a delicious Tacos de Barbacoa that my father bought me dunno why but every time that I see this Anime always finished starving, can't wait to watch the last episode and really hope that there will be a second season of it for those who doesn't have a clue of what I eat here's an image, they were so fucking delicious  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

davifus

« Reply #189 on: September 13, 2015, 03:45:55 pm »
Has been a rough end and start of month cause my schedules at work have changed a lot but still managed to saw the latest episodes of Shokugeki no Souma, in fact a couple of minutes ago saw the number 23 meanwhile I was eating a delicious Tacos de Barbacoa that my father bought me dunno why but every time that I see this Anime always finished starving, can't wait to watch the last episode and really hope that there will be a second season of it for those who doesn't have a clue of what I eat here's an image, they were so fucking delicious  ;D

I was confused why there was food on this topic but then I read the text before it.
Now I' hungry.

jsoup

« Reply #190 on: September 15, 2015, 02:00:55 am »
So finally had time to sit down with Sword Art Online II. Half way through and I'm noticing that the director likes to get a bit, ah...'rape-y' with his twisted characters.

davifus

« Reply #191 on: September 15, 2015, 10:38:31 am »
So finally had time to sit down with Sword Art Online II. Half way through and I'm noticing that the director likes to get a bit, ah...'rape-y' with his twisted characters.

jsoup

« Reply #192 on: September 15, 2015, 02:10:25 pm »

Exactly what I meant.
Rape As Drama indeed.

doafan

« Reply #193 on: September 26, 2015, 06:28:36 pm »
I was confused why there was food on this topic but then I read the text before it.
Now I' hungry.

Sorry that wasn't my intention anyway last week I searched for the 24th episode of Food Wars without luck, have to admit that I had a bad feeling about this dunno why but had the idea that it was canceled but appears that it was only a delay cause earlier today noticed that it was released (at least at the page that I use to see it) this past 22 of September, in my personal opinion this episode has ended the season very well, as always enjoyed the Soma and Erina "relationship", gonna read the Manga until the second season is released and just because a friend told me that there was a beach / swimming pool on it  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #194 on: October 01, 2015, 02:46:03 am »
I don't think I've watched a more enjoyably sweet and funny anime like Ore Montogatari.  Definitely my favorite of the season.