Author Topic: September 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 30984 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: September 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #150 on: September 16, 2014, 02:46:47 pm »
Just got HotD III for XBox and a couple Nintendo Power Mags!

Nice, I picked up HotD III for xbox last week as well. Did you know that when you beat it HotD II is unlocked?

I have at least one Gun for the Xbox. Thought I had two but might have lost the other in my move (or more likely I never owned a second one).

This is the one I have.

It's a Mad Catz. It works on both SD and HD CRT tvs. Works great with HotD3 but for some reason HotD2 doesn't recognize it.

The "magazine" on the gun actually accepts xbox memory cards. You insert them in the same way you'd put in a clip. Pretty nifty.

mrnikon

« Reply #151 on: September 16, 2014, 03:57:36 pm »
Picked up games today.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #152 on: September 16, 2014, 04:07:24 pm »
Picked up games today.

You have good taste, sir.  Kung Fu is one of my favorite NES games.  It's great for 10 min of mind-numbing face punching!

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #153 on: September 16, 2014, 06:43:30 pm »
Got 3 things in yesterday. Fairy Fencer F LE for the PS3 alongside Shadow Squadron with manual and Star Wars Arcade for the 32X which effectively doubled the amount of 32X games I own.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #154 on: September 16, 2014, 06:59:44 pm »
Got 3 things in yesterday. Fairy Fencer F LE for the PS3 alongside Shadow Squadron with manual and Star Wars Arcade for the 32X which effectively doubled the amount of 32X games I own.

hahahahaha. And now you nearly have every game in the library... ;)

maximo310

« Reply #155 on: September 16, 2014, 11:31:48 pm »
Got some Wii games at Gamestop for less than $20:
Bust a Move Bash
Ghost Squad
Blast Works
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection
Blazing Angels
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes
All cib too, which was pretty nice.

spac316

« Reply #156 on: September 17, 2014, 12:29:35 am »

Nice, I picked up HotD III for xbox last week as well. Did you know that when you beat it HotD II is unlocked?

I have at least one Gun for the Xbox. Thought I had two but might have lost the other in my move (or more likely I never owned a second one).

This is the one I have.

It's a Mad Catz. It works on both SD and HD CRT tvs. Works great with HotD3 but for some reason HotD2 doesn't recognize it.

The "magazine" on the gun actually accepts xbox memory cards. You insert them in the same way you'd put in a clip. Pretty nifty.
Yeah, sadly I don't Have that gun yet but I'll keep an eye out for one.

mrnikon

« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2014, 10:08:35 am »

I almost bought Star Wars Arcade yesterday. They also have Spider Man Web of Fire sealed in the box at this game shop.

argyle

« Reply #158 on: September 17, 2014, 12:35:31 pm »
Got some Wii games at Gamestop for less than $20:
Bust a Move Bash
Ghost Squad
Blast Works
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection
Blazing Angels
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes
All cib too, which was pretty nice.

I love Ghost Squad - very short, but designed to be very replay-able.  The thick layer of cheese absolutely makes that game.  :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #159 on: September 17, 2014, 01:03:44 pm »

Thought I'd point these out to you:

They're just like comic book bags & boards, but made magazine-size. They work a lot better than those binder cover-report things you have your magazines in, (I used to use those, they slide around a lot in them). And you can buy the bags & boards in 100-packs, or individually at your local comic shop for about a quarter-a-piece. They also make acid-free magazine boxes, just like comic boxes.

Here's how some of mine look in them, they're quite handsome:

« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 01:07:07 pm by burningdoom »

abe

« Reply #160 on: September 17, 2014, 07:00:58 pm »
Picked up my copy of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call today. ;D Still waiting on my LE of Fairy Fencer F in the mail though. :(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

davifus

« Reply #161 on: September 17, 2014, 08:15:01 pm »
A simple visit to Craiglist changed my whole day... I was scrolling in CG after work because I was bored. I wasn't planning on spending any money.

I happen to see a 14 Playstation 2 Lot for $20 and I couldn't believe my eye on what it was.
I quickly texted him and I had my doubt that someone had contacted him before me because it was posted an hour ago.
I was wrong and we agree to meet up.
Sadly I had to drive to him and it was 40min drive that became a over an hour because of traffic  :'(. And about 1hour & 30min back.

Everything for $20 dollars, Everything CIB except Suikoden IV & Tactic didnt have their Manuals.

We started talking and etc and he had some other thing he had in his collection and wanted to help me out. He sold most of his collection but he had Dragon Warrior 1-4. I needed 2 & 4.
From the goodness of his heart I got 2 & 4 for basically $15 because I paid $35 for the Ps2 & Dragon Warrior 2 & 4.

Now I have Every Dragon Warrior on the NES

BOOYAH

I got everything in this picture for $35

My best find ever
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

spac316

« Reply #162 on: September 17, 2014, 09:24:52 pm »

Thought I'd point these out to you:

They're just like comic book bags & boards, but made magazine-size. They work a lot better than those binder cover-report things you have your magazines in, (I used to use those, they slide around a lot in them). And you can buy the bags & boards in 100-packs, or individually at your local comic shop for about a quarter-a-piece. They also make acid-free magazine boxes, just like comic boxes.

Here's how some of mine look in them, they're quite handsome:

Ok thanks, I'll look out for those. Lord knows I have a lot of old magazines.
Those binder bags there came with the magazines when I bought them. They'll suffice for now.

bobster

« Reply #163 on: September 17, 2014, 09:42:49 pm »
That's insane Argyle! Congrats!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

maximo310

« Reply #164 on: September 17, 2014, 10:59:46 pm »
A simple visit to Craiglist changed my whole day... I was scrolling in CG after work because I was bored. I wasn't planning on spending any money.

I happen to see a 14 Playstation 2 Lot for $20 and I couldn't believe my eye on what it was.
I quickly texted him and I had my doubt that someone had contacted him before me because it was posted an hour ago.
I was wrong and we agree to meet up.
Sadly I had to drive to him and it was 40min drive that became a over an hour because of traffic  :'(. And about 1hour & 30min back.

Everything for $20 dollars, Everything CIB except Suikoden IV & Tactic didnt have their Manuals.

We started talking and etc and he had some other thing he had in his collection and wanted to help me out. He sold most of his collection but he had Dragon Warrior 1-4. I needed 2 & 4.
From the goodness of his heart I got 2 & 4 for basically $15 because I paid $35 for the Ps2 & Dragon Warrior 2 & 4.

Now I have Every Dragon Warrior on the NES

BOOYAH

I got everything in this picture for $35

My best find ever
Wow dude, you scored big today with that huge bundle of mostly rpgs, and with craigslist too! I wish I could get that lucky on craiglist in my city but alot of the bundles are pretty overpriced so the pickings are slim.