Author Topic: September 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 31236 times)

Bwigdahl

Re: September 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2014, 04:02:32 pm »
It was just over 20 bucks for that one. Came with everything in good condition and for a better price than I ever found online anywhere.

The game I was actually most excited to find was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Got it for 9 bucks and I hardly ever see it anywhere here, and on ebay it usually goes for 20 bucks or more for a complete copy.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 04:06:51 pm by Bwigdahl »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2014, 06:41:31 pm »
Nice pickup of Kirby's Dream Collection!

Did you get a good price on it?

I should have bought a couple extra of those when Best Buy had them on clearance.

I grabbed a copy of Motor City Patrol for the NES. It's been elusive, but I tracked it down. 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 06:53:04 pm by turf »

« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2014, 06:43:10 pm »
FINALLY!!!!

davifus

« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2014, 07:37:23 pm »
FINALLY!!!!

Can someone explain to me why this cost around $90-$100? Limited Production or something? The company recalled and destroyed most of the copies? etc etc etc?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2014, 07:42:19 pm »
Can someone explain to me why this cost around $90-$100? Limited Production or something? The company recalled and destroyed most of the copies? etc etc etc?

I've done a little bit of research on it, and I guess this games was available in limited quantities at Toys R Us (at least in the USA) only in a few select markets (mostly major cities). Gamestop or none of the other major retailers received new copies of this game. There is no exact production numbers on this game, but it is estimated that there is less than 10,000 copies.

davifus

« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2014, 07:45:31 pm »

I've done a little bit of research on it, and I guess this games was available in limited quantities at Toys R Us (at least in the USA) only in a few select markets (mostly major cities). Gamestop or none of the other major retailers received new copies of this game. There is no exact production numbers on this game, but it is estimated that there is less than 10,000 copies.

Hmmm is the game any good. Did you pay market value for that or did you hit jackpot?

« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2014, 07:53:01 pm »

Hmmm is the game any good. Did you pay market value for that or did you hit jackpot?

It is actually very good if chess is your thing. One thing I have noticed after playing it for a while is the AI difficulty is well matched to what you have it set at. I'd consider myself a average chess player, and playing it essentially on medium difficulty felt like I was playing an equal. That is something I have had issues with in other virtual chess games (medium is like playing a grand master or a three year old).

I technically got it at Gamestop. I have a friend who works there who has a list of games I am looking for and he got this in over the weekend. I had him put it on hold for me at picked it up on my way home today. Paid $20 for it, which is what Gamestop sells it used for. It is in like new condition so i'm happy :)

davifus

« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2014, 07:54:18 pm »

It is actually very good if chess is your thing. One thing I have noticed after playing it for a while is the AI difficulty is well matched to what you have it set at. I'd consider myself a average chess player, and playing it essentially on medium difficulty felt like I was playing an equal. That is something I have had issues with in other virtual chess games (medium is like playing a grand master or a three year old).

I technically got it at Gamestop. I have a friend who works there who has a list of games I am looking for and he got this in over the weekend. I had him put it on hold for me at picked it up on my way home today. Paid $20 for it, which is what Gamestop sells it used for. It is in like new condition so i'm happy :)

Gamestop... for $20? I hate you... Nice find but I still hate you.

« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2014, 07:58:43 pm »

Lol your hatred is justified :p.

And thank you.

davifus

« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2014, 08:01:59 pm »

And thank you.

Everyone in your GameStop got caught slippin.

« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2014, 08:06:22 pm »

And thank you.

I was worried that one of the other employees would snipe this from underneath me given its rarity. In a similar situation an employee sniped a copy of Afrika on the PS3 from me, I was pissed lol. Luckily it didn't happen this time.

davifus

« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2014, 08:09:11 pm »

And thank you.

I was worried that one of the other employees would snipe this from underneath me given its rarity. In a similar situation an employee sniped a copy of Afrika on the PS3 from me, I was pissed lol. Luckily it didn't happen this time.
Why didn't you just ask your friend to purchase it ahead of time and you could of gave him/her the money for it?

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2014, 09:14:56 pm »
Nice pickup of Kirby's Dream Collection!

Did you get a good price on it?

I should have bought a couple extra of those when Best Buy had them on clearance.

I grabbed a copy of Motor City Patrol for the NES. It's been elusive, but I tracked it down.

Yeah, I saw one at GameStop used for $17. Wanted to get it then bug I was already way over budget that month. Now I see on ebay/amazon for $40 minimum and I am kicking my past self in the arse.

« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2014, 10:08:24 pm »

And thank you.

Why didn't you just ask your friend to purchase it ahead of time and you could of gave him/her the money for it?

We're cool and all, but he is more of a contact/associate than a "friend." I met him one day when I was browsing in his store and we started talking about fighting games, and ended up having like a hour and a half conversation about video games. I told him I was a collector and we exchanged phone numbers.

He has only texted me about games a few times in about six months, and aside from me going in there about once a month we've never hung out so I didn't feel comfortable asking him to do that, especially since he was on the clock.