Author Topic: September 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 31054 times)

blipcs76

Re: September 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2014, 09:42:47 am »
I've found squat recently at garage sales, so I've turned to flipping doubles and worthwhile modern games I've found to fund my online purchases.

Interesting recently added titles:

NES:
- Pesterminator
- Captain Comic
- Shadow of the Ninja
- Big Bird Hide & Speak

Yesterday I won an auction for:
- Bomberman 64: Second Attack

I've kinda shifted my focus to N64 since I believe NES is pretty much at its peak right now and I've got a lot of the N64 big titles already -- Sculptor's cut and Worms Armageddon are the only $50+ games I don't have yet, and I plan to work my way down the N64 chart to knock off the expensive titles first.  Wish I'd done that with NES games when I started picking them up 12 years ago.

bobster

« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2014, 10:40:40 am »
I got a VGA Box for my Dreamcast and an Xploder cheat device to boot certain games into VGA... and play imports
A VGA Box does wonders for the Dreamcast! Welcome to the club :D.

Did you get a Hanzo out of curiosity? Here's a link to one if you've never heard of it. It's great. The scanlines really make everything smooth.

http://www.beharbros.com/#!hanzo/c1gph
Currently Playing: The Witcher

davifus

« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2014, 10:52:52 am »
I got a VGA Box for my Dreamcast and an Xploder cheat device to boot certain games into VGA... and play imports

Did you get a Hanzo out of curiosity? Here's a link to one if you've never heard of it. It's great. The scanlines really make everything smooth.

I been meaning to pick one of these up.  What does the extra scanliner do?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2014, 02:15:37 pm »
More goodies from 99Gamers.com!

I got the originals recently, but these are the first sequels to these series in my collection.

argyle

« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2014, 02:55:19 pm »

I got the originals recently, but these are the first sequels to these series in my collection.

Going Commando is my favorite PS2 R&C.  Most people seem to prefer the third one, Up Your Arsenal, and they are close but to me GC edges it out slightly. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2014, 06:56:39 pm »

I been meaning to pick one of these up.  What does the extra scanliner do?

No I wanted to but sold out and wasn't going to wait anymore. I got the Retrobit one which works great. The scanliner is just a filter to make it look like it's on a CRT TV.  Sonic's ultimate genesis collection has an option for that if you want to see how it works

« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2014, 07:38:02 pm »

I need to go back and play the Jak 2 and 3 sequels someday.  I loved the original game because it was your traditional 3D Platformer, but then they kinda overhauled it all with guns and Jak is now some some sort of tortured experiment and that kinda killed things for me at the time and I never beat Jak 2.

abe

« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2014, 07:50:49 pm »
Got a copy of Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together for the PSP.  It looks cool and I look forward to playing it... when I actually have the time. :'(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

davifus

« Reply #113 on: September 12, 2014, 07:54:36 pm »
Got a copy of Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together for the PSP.  It looks cool and I look forward to playing it... when I actually have the time. :'(

No time?

argyle

« Reply #114 on: September 12, 2014, 11:47:14 pm »
I got a late b-day gift from a good friend of mine this week (late because we just haven't had a chance to get together since my b-day).  I'd say it was well worth the wait:

IMG_4153
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

theflea

« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2014, 05:15:20 am »
after a couple days of garage sales, here's what I picked up.

A Mario Rubber Ball (free)

XB360
- Darksiders II ($1)

Wii
- Wipeout the Game ($2.50)
- Wii Sports Resort ($2)
- Animal Crossing: City Folk ($2)
- Ultimate I Spy ($2)

NDS
- Chrono Trigger (pick up from my local gamestop)

GBA
- Scooby Doo 2 in 1 Double Pack ($1)

PS2
- Crash Bandicoot Action Pack ($2)
- L.A. Rush ($1)
- Outlaw Volleyball Remix ($1)
- The Plan ($1)
- Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow ($1)
- Lego Star Wars II ($1)
- Harley Davidson ($1)
- Secret Service ($1)
- Star Wars Battlefront II GH ($1)
- WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2007 ($1)

N64
Stopped at a sale and asked about games and lady said she was going to sell some games but only could find their boxes and threw them away. I told her I'm always in need of game boxes so she dug them up and game them to me for free. All have inserts, Manuals and Wrestlemania 2000 even has the 3D card on the back.

GEN
- Tecmo Super Baseball (CIB $1)
- NHLPA Hockey 93 (CIB $1)
- Taz: Escape from Mars (CIB $1)
- Sonic & Knuckles (CIB .50c why this one was half the price IDK) lol

And a Pong Console, The Radio Shack Electronic TV Scoreboard. In real nice shape. only $3.

"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #116 on: September 13, 2014, 08:34:05 am »
Honestly, what I find surprising is that it took over 9000 games before you got Wii Sports Resort ???

argyle

« Reply #117 on: September 13, 2014, 09:32:11 am »
It would seem that every Argyle really DOES have his day.  :D

I went out to hit sales this morning with 2 main stops in mind - a church sale and a neighborhood that was going to be having a bunch of sales.  The church sale was at 6:00, I got there at 6:15 and they still were a LONG way from being setup.  From what I could tell no one there spoke English, and if they did they had no interest in speaking it to me so I left.  Hit another couple of random sales since the neighborhood sales weren't supposed to start until 7:00, then I headed that way.  First stop I got 4 original Xbox games in questionable condition for $5.  Nothing special, but about average for when I find anything at all around here so I took what I could get.  While I was there these 2 - I'm going to call them "punks", but suffice it to say they were pretty douchey-looking teenagers - came up and asked me if I was getting "the games".  They then asked me who I worked for.  Because that's the only reason I'd be looking for games I suppose?  Anyway, they quickly left. 

Hit another few sales, no luck - at one stop a lady told me about a sale in another neighborhood where she saw a bunch of games and I thanked her but kinda doubted I'd head that way, because by the time I got there they'd probably be sold out anyway.  Instead I went one sale down the street and did my usual, asked if they had any old games they were selling.  This younger teen guy asks me what kind, and I tell him it doesn't matter, I collect.  He then leads me inside and says the guy that owns the sale (the kid tells me he's just helping him out) is planning on taking these games up to the retro game store this afternoon - this is the same store I went to last weekend.  I look, and he has all spread out nes, snes & n64 games along with a handful of PS2 games that are nothing special.  But the others - oh man, he doesn't just have old games.  Oh no, he has GOOD old games.  I'm talking about these:

IMG_4154

I checked to make sure I wasn't drooling, then asked the kid who I needed to talk to to discuss prices.  He takes me to the guy, who is nice enough but seems generally uninterested.  He asks the kid how much he figures the games are worth, and he tells the guy he'd probably get "no more than $10/game" from the retro store.  I only had $35 on me at this point, so I pick out the ones I'm most interested in - FF II & III, Super Metroid, Link to the Past & Donkey Kong Country.  He originally says $40 but agrees to take the $35 I had on me. 

I left heading home since I was tapped, but couldn't stop thinking about what I was leaving behind.  I live about 10 mins away from the sale, so when I got home I tell my wife what I found & asks if she cares if I get some more cash out to spend on the others.  She agrees, so I hit the bank & then head back to the sale.  I tell the guy what happened & say I'm interested in buying some of the others.  He leads me back inside and then just kinda leaves me there this time - I tell him I'm gonna pick out everything I'm interested in and then we can haggle out a price and he says it sounds good.  I grab the other 9, which were some I really wanted (the other Zeldas & that Ogre Battle especially) and anything else that looks half-way appealing to me.  He had a FF7 that I was going to get, but when I opened it up I saw the first disk had been resurfaced - very, very poorly - and the disks were mis-matched between those from the original release & those from the GH.  He also had the original Zelda for NES but there was something rattling in it and it wasn't in the best of shape.  I have that anyway, would have just been getting it to trade or sell, so I left it.  Took those 9 out & showed him the stack.  He barely looks at it & just goes "wanna do $40 again?"  I couldn't say yes fast enough! ;D

So for those of you keeping score, that's just over $5/game total.  Win!  8)

karyann

« Reply #118 on: September 13, 2014, 10:05:06 am »

I went out to hit sales this morning with 2 main stops in mind - a church sale and a neighborhood that was going to be having a bunch of sales.  The church sale was at 6:00, I got there at 6:15 and they still were a LONG way from being setup.  From what I could tell no one there spoke English, and if they did they had no interest in speaking it to me so I left.  Hit another couple of random sales since the neighborhood sales weren't supposed to start until 7:00, then I headed that way.  First stop I got 4 original Xbox games in questionable condition for $5.  Nothing special, but about average for when I find anything at all around here so I took what I could get.  While I was there these 2 - I'm going to call them "punks", but suffice it to say they were pretty douchey-looking teenagers - came up and asked me if I was getting "the games".  They then asked me who I worked for.  Because that's the only reason I'd be looking for games I suppose?  Anyway, they quickly left. 

Hit another few sales, no luck - at one stop a lady told me about a sale in another neighborhood where she saw a bunch of games and I thanked her but kinda doubted I'd head that way, because by the time I got there they'd probably be sold out anyway.  Instead I went one sale down the street and did my usual, asked if they had any old games they were selling.  This younger teen guy asks me what kind, and I tell him it doesn't matter, I collect.  He then leads me inside and says the guy that owns the sale (the kid tells me he's just helping him out) is planning on taking these games up to the retro game store this afternoon - this is the same store I went to last weekend.  I look, and he has all spread out nes, snes & n64 games along with a handful of PS2 games that are nothing special.  But the others - oh man, he doesn't just have old games.  Oh no, he has GOOD old games.  I'm talking about these:

IMG_4154

I checked to make sure I wasn't drooling, then asked the kid who I needed to talk to to discuss prices.  He takes me to the guy, who is nice enough but seems generally uninterested.  He asks the kid how much he figures the games are worth, and he tells the guy he'd probably get "no more than $10/game" from the retro store.  I only had $35 on me at this point, so I pick out the ones I'm most interested in - FF II & III, Super Metroid, Link to the Past & Donkey Kong Country.  He originally says $40 but agrees to take the $35 I had on me. 

I left heading home since I was tapped, but couldn't stop thinking about what I was leaving behind.  I live about 10 mins away from the sale, so when I got home I tell my wife what I found & asks if she cares if I get some more cash out to spend on the others.  She agrees, so I hit the bank & then head back to the sale.  I tell the guy what happened & say I'm interested in buying some of the others.  He leads me back inside and then just kinda leaves me there this time - I tell him I'm gonna pick out everything I'm interested in and then we can haggle out a price and he says it sounds good.  I grab the other 9, which were some I really wanted (the other Zeldas & that Ogre Battle especially) and anything else that looks half-way appealing to me.  He had a FF7 that I was going to get, but when I opened it up I saw the first disk had been resurfaced - very, very poorly - and the disks were mis-matched between those from the original release & those from the GH.  He also had the original Zelda for NES but there was something rattling in it and it wasn't in the best of shape.  I have that anyway, would have just been getting it to trade or sell, so I left it.  Took those 9 out & showed him the stack.  He barely looks at it & just goes "wanna do $40 again?"  I couldn't say yes fast enough! ;D

Wow man, that's awesome! I'm going to have to do this too (ask people if they have any video games).

davifus

« Reply #119 on: September 13, 2014, 11:20:59 am »

IMG_4154

I... hate you... :'(