Author Topic: September 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 30787 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: September 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #240 on: September 28, 2014, 12:35:54 am »
Oh, forgot the funniest yard sale story.  Got a complete & mint big box copy of X-Wing Vs. Tie Fighter for $1.  Same sale also had a copy of WWE '12 for the PS3 marked at $5 - I asked them if they'd take $1 for it as well because I saw it just yesterday selling for $5 at GS and they balked at that, like the wrestling game was some kind of treasure.  But in their words "that other one is just a Windows '98 game."  Lol, ok.  ;) :P

I love it when people esteem something ordinary as being of great value for reasons that make no sense. :) Then again, I was at a sale a couple weeks ago where the folks couldn't agree on whether they wanted $8 per game for their PS3 titles or $2. Ended up working out in my favor because one of them insisted that $2 was the appropriate price because "PS3 is old. PS4 is out now". Had they wanted $8 a game I would have passed them all up.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 12:40:08 am by dashv »

davifus

« Reply #241 on: September 28, 2014, 12:43:52 am »
I finally got Nocturne out of the bubble Mailer.

$13 with shipping. The Game had a Gamestop Receipt from Cranston, Rhode Island and was brought at 7/22/2005.

All I need is my Manual to arrive.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

pacpix

« Reply #242 on: September 28, 2014, 01:53:18 am »
Vacationing out of town (in the middle of nowhere) and I found these at their walmart today:

The sealed copy of Kirby's Return to Dreamland for $50 was a no brainer seeing how it goes for $80 new on Amazon now. They had 2 copies. I was tempted to snag the other copy for trade fodder.

Cross off one more wishlist item! :)
You should enjoy Return to Dreamland, I had a lot of fun playing through this one with a couple of friends.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #243 on: September 28, 2014, 02:16:02 am »
Vacationing out of town (in the middle of nowhere) and I found these at their walmart today:

The sealed copy of Kirby's Return to Dreamland for $50 was a no brainer seeing how it goes for $80 new on Amazon now. They had 2 copies. I was tempted to snag the other copy for trade fodder.

You should enjoy Return to Dreamland, I had a lot of fun playing through this one with a couple of friends.

I'm looking forward to playing it with my wife and son. :)

maximo310

« Reply #244 on: September 28, 2014, 02:17:31 am »

It is a pretty fun game to play in co-op, especially since you can up the difficulty of the game in extra mode.  The soundtrack for the game is really good as well, especially C-R-O-W-N-E-D.

« Reply #245 on: September 28, 2014, 03:33:03 am »

$13 with shipping. The Game had a Gamestop Receipt from Cranston, Rhode Island and was brought at 7/22/2005.

Very nice pickup! I remember before this game got a reprint it was going for like $70. Thank goodness for the reprint :p.

One of my favorite things is finding old receipts inside games I find in the wild. It is cool seeing where games have been and wondering sometimes how they found their way to you when they did.

« Reply #246 on: September 28, 2014, 08:20:36 am »

Very nice pickup! I remember before this game got a reprint it was going for like $70. Thank goodness for the reprint :p.

One of my favorite things is finding old receipts inside games I find in the wild. It is cool seeing where games have been and wondering sometimes how they found their way to you when they did.

Yes, the most memorable time for me with something like that was when I bought a game and Michigan and the receipt showed that the game was originally bought in my hometown of London, Ontario Canada! So somehow it went from London to Michigan and then back to London!

abe

« Reply #247 on: September 28, 2014, 08:41:07 am »
Picked up another game on my Wii wish list. For some reason, I've been having a hard time finding Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure. Thankfully, I recently found a complete copy for $5. :D I also picked up Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure (DS), Demon's Souls (PS3), and the Special Edition of Red Dead Redemption for the PS3.

Unfortunately, the warehouse Prinnies at NIS America goofed up some orders recently, so I'm still waiting on my Limited Edition of Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star (PS3) to get shipped. :'(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

karyann

« Reply #248 on: September 28, 2014, 10:01:41 am »
Picked up another game on my Wii wish list. For some reason, I've been having a hard time finding Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure. Thankfully, I recently found a complete copy for $5. :D I also picked up Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure (DS), Demon's Souls (PS3), and the Special Edition of Red Dead Redemption for the PS3.

Unfortunately, the warehouse Prinnies at NIS America goofed up some orders recently, so I'm still waiting on my Limited Edition of Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star (PS3) to get shipped. :'(

Henry Hatsworth is really silly game. I found it to be a bit plain to my liking, but the concept is really fun. I mean, becoming a giant invincible robot when you drink a cup of tea?  :P

abe

« Reply #249 on: September 28, 2014, 10:31:50 am »

Henry Hatsworth is really silly game. I found it to be a bit plain to my liking, but the concept is really fun. I mean, becoming a giant invincible robot when you drink a cup of tea?  :P

I like silly games. :) I picked up Henry Hatsworth because it was cheap and I read about it in an old issue of Nintendo Power (this seems to be becoming a trend lately). I'm sure I'll have some fun with it once I get around to playing it. As long as I get a chuckle or two out of it, it'll be worth it.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

karyann

« Reply #250 on: September 28, 2014, 11:14:43 am »

I like silly games. :) I picked up Henry Hatsworth because it was cheap and I read about it in an old issue of Nintendo Power (this seems to be becoming a trend lately). I'm sure I'll have some fun with it once I get around to playing it. As long as I get a chuckle or two out of it, it'll be worth it.

I definitely don't regret buying it! I should give it some time, too. I only played the first level yet  :(

argyle

« Reply #251 on: September 28, 2014, 02:12:47 pm »
I really like Henry Hatsworth, my only complaint is that as the game progresses & the difficulty ramps up it gets too hectic trying to juggle both the puzzle game & platforming. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #252 on: September 28, 2014, 05:00:14 pm »

SMB3 box
Sonic Wings (aka Aero Fighters)
Emerald Blue GC controller
G&W Octopus

maximo310

« Reply #253 on: September 28, 2014, 05:03:36 pm »

SMB3 box
G&W Octopus
Holy crap, that emerald GC controller looks so sleek and nice! Man, I really need to get one of these since japan got all the cool colored controllers.

argyle

« Reply #254 on: September 28, 2014, 05:12:47 pm »
SMB3 box
G&W Octopus
Holy crap, that emerald GC controller looks so sleek and nice! Man, I really need to get one of these since japan got all the cool colored controllers.

Just what I was thinking, I love that controller!  ;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis