Author Topic: If you don't have an XBox One yet...  (Read 1713 times)

spac316

If you don't have an XBox One yet...
« on: September 07, 2014, 12:37:44 am »
Here's a deal they are doing if you're interested...
Throughout the week of September 7-13, buy the system and get a free game at participating retailers.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/system-update-microsoft-offer-free-game-xbox-purchase-week-article-1.1929109

I'm thinking about it maybe...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 12:39:45 am by spac316 »

Re: If you don't have an XBox One yet...
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 03:23:19 am »
Destiny with an Xbox One wouldn't be a bad deal.  For me, there's still not much on the system that interests me to warrant getting it.  Killer Instinct is the only one released and that's not a system seller and then coming up, it's just Sunset Overdrive.  Not too great personally lol PS4 is only slightly better I feel right now with Infamous 3 and the upcoming Bloodborne which could be amazing.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 01:41:36 pm »
Destiny with an Xbox One wouldn't be a bad deal.  For me, there's still not much on the system that interests me to warrant getting it.  Killer Instinct is the only one released and that's not a system seller and then coming up, it's just Sunset Overdrive.  Not too great personally lol PS4 is only slightly better I feel right now with Infamous 3 and the upcoming Bloodborne which could be amazing.

That's how I feel about it, too. Except I would choose a PS4 over XBox One simply for the backwards compatibility. I don't have a PS3, either. I just don't have the money. And I would choose a Wii U first because Nintendo.

maximo310

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 05:39:19 pm »
I'm on the same boat. I'd would just purchase a PS4 over a Xbox One because of upcoming exclusives but that won't be for probably another year or two as more games start to come out for both platforms.

spac316

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 10:21:06 pm »
I just get the XBox because I like Halo. That's about it really... :-\

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 11:06:55 pm »

For me it's Halo and Elder Scrolls. And it also was MechAssault and Panzer Dragoon. Then the third-party titles are plentiful, to boot. But with XBox One, there's just not enough of either to justify a purchase for me, yet. Especially at the price it's at.

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 11:19:24 pm »

I use to be about Halo, but after like Halo 3, I started just losing interest.  ODST was bad, Reach wasn't great, and I kinda just stopped playing through 4 at some point, though I plan to go back and beat it eventually.

I do have the Legendary Edition for Halo 3 which is awesome lol

karyann

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 10:45:28 am »

That's the only answer I seem to hear from people who buy an XBone, either "I'm a Halo fan" or "I've been with Xbox all my life and I ain't gonna stop now".  :o

Though I admit it's harder to justify new systems in any other way so soon in their life.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 11:16:48 am »

That's the only answer I seem to hear from people who buy an XBone, either "I'm a Halo fan" or "I've been with Xbox all my life and I ain't gonna stop now".  :o

True 'dat!

If someone *gave* me an X-Box One...honestly, I'd just sell or trade it in for Sony Stuff  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

karyann

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 12:18:13 pm »
True 'dat!

If someone *gave* me an X-Box One...honestly, I'd just sell or trade it in for Sony Stuff  :o

Haha, me too... but that's a matter of personal preference  :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 12:21:22 pm »
True 'dat!

Haha, me too... but that's a matter of personal preference  :)

Indeed, it is  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

davifus

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 01:31:35 pm »

True 'dat!

I dont know I like both MS & Sony so I'll probably keep the Xbox 1 & buy a Ps4.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

abe

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 01:56:36 pm »

True 'dat!

That's the best possible use of an XBone I've ever heard. Brilliant. ;D
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)