Author Topic: Amiibo  (Read 4912 times)

davifus

Re: Amiibo
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2014, 01:09:49 pm »
Amiibos are going to be the death of me.

I originally had every announced Amiibo preordered, but dropped about half of them in order to afford all the other games that are coming out this month. I'll get them eventually though. I have a weakness for game and anime related statues, as well as Nintendo, so yeah, will be dropping a lot of cash on these over time :p

You better hurry because some of them will be discontinued. I dont know how long they'll last but yeah
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2014, 01:24:25 pm »
When does the first round come out exactly?
I thought the 21st of november
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2014, 03:45:18 pm »
First batch is out on the 21st with Smash Bros.  Second Batch looks to be out at the end of December, third batch is split between January/Februrary or just February for us, not entirely sure.  Looks like they are gonna try and get batches out montly so it doesn't take too long to get all the Smash Bros characters out there.

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2014, 04:48:48 pm »
Amiibos are going to be the death of me.

I originally had every announced Amiibo preordered, but dropped about half of them in order to afford all the other games that are coming out this month. I'll get them eventually though. I have a weakness for game and anime related statues, as well as Nintendo, so yeah, will be dropping a lot of cash on these over time :p

You better hurry because some of them will be discontinued. I dont know how long they'll last but yeah

Of course they'll be discontinued eventually, but I'm not worried about trying to find them. Especially since Nintendo seems to be really serious about integrating them heavily with their games this generation.

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2014, 05:08:54 pm »

Of course they'll be discontinued eventually, but I'm not worried about trying to find them. Especially since Nintendo seems to be really serious about integrating them heavily with their games this generation.

What they said is that some characters will be somewhat limited to make space for the upcoming ones, so while none are considered a limited release, they won't be making them for a long while.  Can probably guarantee most big name characters, but some of those guys who don't have games anymore probably won't be around for too long.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2014, 06:01:39 pm »
I have a question about amiibo: does anyone knows if you can keep your amiibo in the package but stil use it on your wii u?

Offical answer

trolltendo

davifus

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2014, 06:07:45 pm »
I have a question about amiibo: does anyone knows if you can keep your amiibo in the package but stil use it on your wii u?

Offical answer

trolltendo

Wait so I was right before.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

desocietas

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2014, 09:16:53 pm »
good to know - thanks!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2014, 08:51:18 am »

Offical answer

trolltendo

Wait so I was right before.

I'm actually kinda happy about this. I'm not trying to be a jerk towards anyone that wants to keep theirs in the package! :P But for MY sanity, I really don't wanna become a "it must remain sealed in box" guy - I just don't. And if these HAD worked while in the package, I would have been very tempted to stray to the dark side... ;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2014, 11:07:08 am »
Its a way for Nintendo to cash in on us nerds. Forcing you to buy one to play with the other to remain in its holy packaging.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2014, 12:47:06 pm »
Its a way for Nintendo to cash in on us nerds. Forcing you to buy one to play with the other to remain in its holy packaging.
I think they are also a step ahead of those who would just use their 3ds to scan a figure to get the benefits and not pay or  those who would just return them for full price.

I'm personally am just happy to be able to get some Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus figures. Though the only ones I have pre-ordered are Marth and Link

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2014, 12:47:49 pm »
I might get a couple extra ones of the Zelda ones in boxes for my collection, but all my figures are getting open.  I do it with my toys, because I want them out and posed.  I kinda had the idea of keeping stuff boxed a few years back, but I just don't care for that way of collecting enough.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2014, 12:55:22 pm »
My only real rule is that blister packaging stays sealed everything else gets opened. Even that gets broken at times.

soera

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2014, 01:31:42 pm »
Damn it, I just missed picking up Samus at Toys R Us. I dont think they will sell it to the person that picked it up but I did see him holding it. Its not the first time this Toys R Us has accidentally put out an item before it was supposed to be released. I got all the Easter Skylanders 2 weeks early cause of it.

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2014, 01:42:07 pm »
I think they are also a step ahead of those who would just use their 3ds to scan a figure to get the benefits and not pay or  those who would just return them for full price.

I'm personally am just happy to be able to get some Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus figures. Though the only ones I have pre-ordered are Marth and Link

You're right. I forget they plan on having 3DS compatibility. With a 3DS you could just walk into a store and scan everything.  ::)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 01:43:55 pm by badATchaos »