Author Topic: Amiibo  (Read 4922 times)

argyle

Re: Amiibo
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2014, 01:52:16 pm »
I might get a couple extra ones of the Zelda ones in boxes for my collection, but all my figures are getting open.  I do it with my toys, because I want them out and posed.  I kinda had the idea of keeping stuff boxed a few years back, but I just don't care for that way of collecting enough.

Yeah, I *might* get a second Shulk to keep sealed just because I'm such a Xenoblade fiend, but that's it.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2014, 12:02:08 pm »
So, it looks like these things are a hit.  The local GameStop sold out of most of the figures.  They had folks calling from all over to get a Marth.  Link is super popular; and even though they had several, it sold out too.

What do you think about the Amiibo so far?

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2014, 12:07:16 pm »
Im just wondering, whats the retail price in the US?

desocietas

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2014, 12:21:07 pm »

About $13.  I almost bought a few when Toys R Us were doing a "buy 3 for $30" deal, but after seeing reports that the figures weren't as nicely made as the ones showed in the original Nintendo Direct video, I decided to hold off.  I'm not a Smash or Mario Kart player, so I don't see much use going into these figures down the line for me.  They would be nice for the collection, but I wasn't crazy about the face details for Marth and Link and such.

I would've chosen Samus because she looks the best but there weren't really others I was interested in.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

maximo310

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2014, 12:36:18 pm »
Personally I think these are pretty cool figures. I picked up the Samus and Marth amiibos for $8 each thanks to my pre-order money, and for $13 figures, they look pretty good, especially considering they're mass production models. My Samus one looks great, and my Marth one has a pretty good face compared to what other people have been talking about. I've only used Marth in the game, and he leveled up pretty fast while I was playing with some friends, and by Lv. 20, he actually was playing better than some of my friends in the game. I'm looking forward to getting more of these figures since they are pretty high quality for the price, and there probably around 30-40 of these to collect. Only con is that the packaging is pretty easy to mess up if you try to open it the normal way, but I found methods that can preserve the packaging since I want to display those boxes as well.

karyann

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2014, 12:43:33 pm »
Personally I think these are pretty cool figures. I picked up the Samus and Marth amiibos for $8 each thanks to my pre-order money, and for $13 figures, they look pretty good, especially considering they're mass production models. My Samus one looks great, and my Marth one has a pretty good face compared to what other people have been talking about. I've only used Marth in the game, and he leveled up pretty fast while I was playing with some friends, and by Lv. 20, he actually was playing better than some of my friends in the game. I'm looking forward to getting more of these figures since they are pretty high quality for the price, and there probably around 30-40 of these to collect. Only con is that the packaging is pretty easy to mess up if you try to open it the normal way, but I found methods that can preserve the packaging since I want to display those boxes as well.

The leveling is faster than I thought it would! I only played yesterday evening with mine, and both are lvl 30 now. My Yoshi amiibo kicks my butt big time haha.

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2014, 12:48:38 pm »
Still waiting for the Duck Hunt amiibo.... Maybe I'll pick up Yoshi and Peach in the mean time.  ::)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2014, 01:14:57 pm »

About $13.  I almost bought a few when Toys R Us were doing a "buy 3 for $30" deal, but after seeing reports that the figures weren't as nicely made as the ones showed in the original Nintendo Direct video, I decided to hold off.  I'm not a Smash or Mario Kart player, so I don't see much use going into these figures down the line for me.  They would be nice for the collection, but I wasn't crazy about the face details for Marth and Link and such.

I would've chosen Samus because she looks the best but there weren't really others I was interested in.

Ok, in Holland they go for 15€, thats closer to 19 dollar  >:(