Author Topic: crappiest system you ever owned?  (Read 11679 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: crappiest system you ever owned?
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2014, 10:42:22 pm »
I got to say the original Xbox only because I've never come across one that just plain works 1000% the one I currently use won't play certain games (like Crimson skies, Metal slug 5, Still Life) and the other one has a damaged harddrive so it won't boot up.

Interesting... I have 4. 1 I picked up at a yard sale the other two I got at a thrift store. The other I've had for over 10 years. The laser died on the DVD drive but I picked up a refurb from Stone Age Gamer (before I started finding them all over the place for cheap).

They run cool. Are mostly quiet. Built like tanks and after soft modding they are better than an ouya.

Little known fact. Many games actually played in 720p with Dolby 5.1 surround if you used the HD AV kit.

I love the original Xbox. The harddrive is the weakness for sure. But it's easy to dump the info necessary to replace it with a spare later on down the road. You just need to remember to do it before the original one dies.

I agree with the Tiger hate here though. Those games were beyond worthless.

davifus

« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2014, 10:50:42 pm »
Master Race
Tiger Handhelds
Golden Age
King of All
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

deftommo

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2014, 09:24:00 am »
I had an Intellivision and about 10 games for it as a kid. As much as I remember it being a pain in the ass to play I wish I had held on to it.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2014, 02:09:19 pm »
I had an Intellivision and about 10 games for it as a kid. As much as I remember it being a pain in the ass to play I wish I had held on to it.

Did you hear about this my friend?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/217407-breaking-news-intellivision-flashback-coming-to-retail/

:)

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2014, 10:28:35 am »
I own a HyperScan that my girlfriend found at a garage sale for me.  Systems hardly get much crappier.

But, I love all my consoles, including the Jaguar and Virtual Boy.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2014, 12:19:25 pm »
I own a HyperScan that my girlfriend found at a garage sale for me.  Systems hardly get much crappier.

I saw the Classic Game Room episode of Hyperscan, and yeah, that was the first one that popped into my head when I saw this thread. But I didn't want to mention it, because Mark at Classic Game Room wasn't sure if it really was that dysfunctional, or if he had a damaged system.

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2014, 04:09:37 pm »

I saw the Classic Game Room episode of Hyperscan, and yeah, that was the first one that popped into my head when I saw this thread. But I didn't want to mention it, because Mark at Classic Game Room wasn't sure if it really was that dysfunctional, or if he had a damaged system.

I think I played mine once.  I only have 30% of the games released for it.  That means I have one game.  There was only three.

It's pretty terrible, and it feels flimsy and fragile.  It's fascinating, to be sure, but sure is crappy.

ffxik

« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2014, 07:59:41 am »
That falls into 3 all on par with one another.

The CD-I
I have the Magnavox badged 450.  It has little in the way of software and the controllers suck.  I like the build quality of it, minus that proprietary power adapter it has.  I mean I wasn't expecting a CAT connection.

Yobo FC-Twin
I don't hate this system simply because it was given to me.  The build quality is for lack of a better word, crap.  The cartridge ports do not work properly unless you reseat the cart a few times and usually stick something in behind it or place it at an angle.  The controllers are junk.  (Note it was like this out of the box.)  My in-laws gave it to me when they had to have the Ebay seller replace the unit and they let them keep the original.

Hyperkin Retron 5
I was excited for this thing until I got my hands on it, twice.  The first one I got was fine after all the firmware updating.  It lasted about a week when the Genesis and NES ports just quit.  Sent it back got the replacement with a dead controller and the SNES port was DOA and the NES port worked when it felt like it.  Sent it back to Amazon for a refund.  I'm done with Hyperkin.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 08:03:16 am by ffxik »

« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2014, 09:45:16 am »
Damn N-gage, they should have though game screen first then phone. It has good games but even then a lot of them look like overly pixelated garbage because the screen is small and vertical.

deftommo

« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2015, 08:18:48 am »

Did you hear about this my friend?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/217407-breaking-news-intellivision-flashback-coming-to-retail/

:)

Oh man... I may have to look into this.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2015, 12:18:21 pm »
Sega CD, I gave it away to a VGCer, i was gonna give it to him for free, but he traded a couple games for it instead. So it all worked out. He will put it to good use, and I got a couple games out of it.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2015, 01:20:12 pm »
Sega CD, I gave it away to a VGCer, i was gonna give it to him for free, but he traded a couple games for it instead. So it all worked out. He will put it to good use, and I got a couple games out of it.

Next time you give shit away, hit me up.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2015, 02:01:58 pm »

Next time you give shit away, hit me up.

Seriously. I need a PSP and XBox One. lol

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2015, 02:43:24 pm »
Ill keep that in mind lol.

But this was before I knew you turf and the VGCer was local, so we met up and did the trade,
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2015, 07:32:13 pm »
I got dibs on free stuff from Jeremy or he's kicked off the show! ;)

I am of course kidding...