Author Topic: What's the strangest game you have?  (Read 6190 times)

thewelshman

Re: What's the strangest game you have?
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2015, 02:01:20 pm »
I'd have to go with Moe Chronicle on the PS Vita. I went out on a limb and decided to import the Chinese release with English subs. I referred to it lovingly as my pervert game since you basically go on a quest to find the "legendary monster girl" who is thought to be the main cause of the attacks on humans from the local monster girls. I'll just say there's a "rubbing" minigame involved.

The only other one I can mention is Xenogears. With the religious undertones, and dual personalities, it's one majorly crazy experience.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2015, 07:39:20 am »
MR. Musquito for sure
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

theflea

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2015, 04:41:24 pm »
wow where do I begin... lol

Well I won't mention the games that fellow VGcollector's have already mentioned "Seaman, Panic & Zombie Nation"
But I'll list some of the other games that are WTF from my collection.

- Pepsiman (PS1 JP)
A game where you run around as a superhero named Pepsiman and he must collect Pepsi cola to save the world.
What makes this game even weirder is the cut scenes between levels where some fat guy is crazy for Pepsi.

- Space Channel 5 (DC)
Maybe most might not put this game on this list but think about this. A reporter saves a space station by mimicking their dance moves. 

- Cho Aniki (PS1 JP)
This game a shooter where you fight weird muscle men. Just look this game up on youtube it's beyond WTF. lol

- LSD (PS1 JP)
This game is is based off the creator's dreams, and its some of the weirdest things you can imagine. The game can go from odd to a nightmare in seconds.

- Incredible Crisis (PS1)
A game where you play a average family on the worst day of their life all because they forgot grandma's birthday.

- Sukeban Shachou Rena (Wii JP)
I technically don't have this game yet, But i ordered it a week ago because I just found out this existed. A game where you run a business and you have to stop Cats from taking it over. You play mini games like out playing a cat on the Piano, dodging cats attacks while catching the good cats, take money while the cats are not looking and racing the streets while a cat vacuums items out of the sky.   

- We Dare (PS3 EU)
This is a game where you use the Playstation move controllers to play crazy "adult" mini games, such as spanking your partner with the remotes. lol

- The Yakyuken Special (SAT JP)
A game where you play Rock Paper Scissors with Japanese girls to make then dance and strip. (and a few of the girls you really rather they keep they clothes on) lol

- Beat em & Eat em (Atari 2600 & NES repro)
I really don't want to explain what you do in this game, it's so foul. I still can't believe someone took the time to remake it on the NES.

There's a ton of weird games that are digital only (especially the indie games) I'd buy most all of these if they where ever released as a physical copy.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 04:43:35 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2015, 07:27:19 pm »
- LSD (PS1 JP)
This game is is based off the creator's dreams, and its some of the weirdest things you can imagine. The game can go from odd to a nightmare in seconds.

I've wanted to play this game for a while, but my computer practically melts any time I try to emulate it. Do you think a physical copy is worth the high price, or does the novelty wear off fast? Also, your post introduced me to a lot of games I want to check out now.

Completely forgot I own Zombie Virus, better known as Zombie VS. Ambulance. I think the title is self-explanatory. It never came it out in America, but I imported the PAL version so I could play it in English. Great weird game. The "Simple" series is full of strange little titles like it, but most of them never came out of Japan.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 07:30:47 pm by doctorlaudanum »
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

abe

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2015, 09:08:17 am »
I technically don't have this game yet, But i ordered it a week ago because I just found out this existed. A game where you run a business and you have to stop Cats from taking it over. You play mini games like out playing a cat on the Piano, dodging cats attacks while catching the good cats, take money while the cats are not looking and racing the streets while a cat vacuums items out of the sky.   

Suddenly I need this.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

Warmsignal

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2015, 10:18:18 am »
As of yesterday, I want say to Michael Jackson's Moonwalker?

theflea

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2015, 04:54:11 pm »
- LSD (PS1 JP)

I've wanted to play this game for a while, but my computer practically melts any time I try to emulate it. Do you think a physical copy is worth the high price, or does the novelty wear off fast? Also, your post introduced me to a lot of games I want to check out now.

It's not really a game with any goal, at least as far as I can figure out. It's more of a game I put in and watch other peoples reactions to trying to figure out WTF is going on. It's a novelty but not really much of a game. While its a blast seeing your friends trying to play it, the reactions alone is worth the money. It's also fun just to explore and see what crazy crap you find. There really isn't much of a "game" to play. Most just go around touching things to see what weirdness appears next.

Suddenly I need this.

Yes this is what I said, I watched a video and was laughing so hard I just wish this game came out in the states.

Just look at the box art. lol

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:18:01 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2015, 10:52:42 pm »
Same here. Gonna have to grab it!

theflea

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2015, 05:12:09 am »
I just remembered more strange / weird games in my collection.

- Toilet Kids (PCE JP)
a Top down shooter where you play a kid flying a toilet shooting a lot of weird enemies. Lots of poop in this game. lol

- Strip Fighter II (PCE JP)
A Street Fighter II rip off where women fight with Adult moves. Some of these are quite bizarre.

"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2015, 03:27:52 pm »
I had a hard time coming up with something. I'd have to say Yume Penguin Monogatari.
From a historical/developmental standpoint I would say VS. Pac-Man. It was design, built by Shigeru Miyamoto and Nintendo, then published by Namco for the GameCube

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2015, 04:08:05 pm »
BB Ball for the GBA, simply because there's practically nothing about it on the Internet.
http://vgcollect.com/item/90967

It's like some sort of Pokémon clone. Sort of.

I've had it ever since I was a kid, and I still haven't beaten the first section yet. Really hard to play if you're not Japanese...

sworddude

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2015, 03:18:34 am »
Chibi robo gamecube
Your Stylish Sword Master!

retroone

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2015, 05:22:32 pm »
Street Racer for the Super Famicom

A fun Mario Kart clone that has a soccer mini-game that resembles Rocket League in a way.

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2015, 04:54:37 pm »
BB Ball for the GBA. A Japanese exclusive title pretty much nobody has played o:

It's really, really weird.

htimreimer

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2015, 05:04:33 am »
captain bible in dome of darkness.  its a christian themed dungeon crawler with first person combat also its constantly forcing you to answer a bible question