Author Topic: Unimportant & Seldom/Never Used Console/Gaming Features?  (Read 4128 times)

insektmute

Re: Unimportant & Seldom/Never Used Console/Gaming Features?
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2014, 09:00:02 pm »
Pretty much anything to do with social media apps, streaming stuff like Remote Play, web browsers, goofy avatars and virtual apartments, advertising for things like Doritos and Mt. Dew, stereoscopic photo galleries, stuff like Streetpass, paid DLC clothes for your stupid avatar cluttering up the living shit out of every corner of the store, initiatives like SmartGlass... the list goes on.

I like that consoles have media center functionality, but beyond that, most non-gaming stuff is just extraneous garbage.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2014, 07:19:06 am »
Pretty much anything to do with social media apps, streaming stuff like Remote Play, web browsers, goofy avatars and virtual apartments, advertising for things like Doritos and Mt. Dew, stereoscopic photo galleries, stuff like Streetpass, paid DLC clothes for your stupid avatar cluttering up the living shit out of every corner of the store, initiatives like SmartGlass... the list goes on.

I like that consoles have media center functionality, but beyond that, most non-gaming stuff is just extraneous garbage.

100% this!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2014, 01:00:32 pm »
Yeah, I pretty much only use my consoles for gaming, and that's it. Except for my Wii which has turned into my YouTube box.