Author Topic: October 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34378 times)

maximo310

Re: October 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #270 on: October 29, 2014, 01:32:54 am »
Got a ton of free guides and video game magazines tonight, as well as these between a thrift store and a local game store.

Nice stuff you picked up, especially that castle of shikigami iii game! That's one still on my wii wishlist along with the 2nd one in the series and they're both great shmups.
It was one of my most wanted games, Wii or otherwise until I picked it up tonight. Th second one is really good and has hilarious dialogue in the cut scenes that make 0 sense lol
I remember reading that the 2nd game's translation is really literal, and the tone of the actors doesn't fit the scene, so I'm looking forward to that once I find the game somewhere. Also, that game has a ton of releases on platforms as it apparently is on the dreamcast, xbox, gamecube, ps2, windows, and psn, as well as standard and limited editions for the standard and LE for the gamecube, ps2, and dreamcast versions. It's pretty crazy.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #271 on: October 29, 2014, 02:28:44 am »
Yet another 99Gamers.com acquisition (love that site!):

And I picked up this one for cheap:

Which brings my PS2 game count to 99 games. So close to that triple-digit mark. And it will be the first time I have passed that mark for any single console collection! No doubles, no burned-games, and all NA releases.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 02:41:45 am by burningdoom »

soera

« Reply #272 on: October 29, 2014, 05:14:45 pm »
You better make #100 a good one then.

As for me, I finally picked up a few items. I had a b2g1 free coupon for Gamestop so I decided to use it before it expired. Dragon's crown, Nier, and Tales of Symphonia on the Wii + the Zelda Monopoly. :)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #273 on: October 29, 2014, 06:40:13 pm »
BIOHAZARD: CODE Veronica Dreamcast (JP)

and a RetroN 5

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #274 on: October 29, 2014, 07:25:03 pm »
BIOHAZARD: CODE Veronica Dreamcast (JP)

and a RetroN 5

Congrats on the Retron 5!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #275 on: October 29, 2014, 07:59:00 pm »
You better make #100 a good one then.

As for me, I finally picked up a few items. I had a b2g1 free coupon for Gamestop so I decided to use it before it expired. Dragon's crown, Nier, and Tales of Symphonia on the Wii + the Zelda Monopoly. :)

By the way, I've been meaning to tell you  they have a copy of Dragon's Crown at the Game Stop here.  Do you want me to grab it for you? :P

My bad.

Warmsignal

« Reply #276 on: October 30, 2014, 02:16:59 am »
Today... err, yesterday, I managed to get Yoshi's Island DS for $5, and Excite Truck for a whopping total of free!  :D

spac316

« Reply #277 on: October 30, 2014, 03:32:19 am »
I downloaded Kirby Fighters Deluxe for 3DS. It's almost like Smash Bros. only with just Kirby with different abilities. It's based of of the sub-game in Triple Deluxe.

argyle

« Reply #278 on: October 30, 2014, 08:00:43 am »
Finally found a complete/mint copy of Full Auto 2 for the PS3 yesterday. Just an old PS3 game I had been looking for & unable to find complete. Only $3 too, so can't complain about that. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #279 on: October 30, 2014, 11:41:42 am »
Picked up Ninja Blade on the 360 last night. I've liked most of what From Software has made over the years so I'm looking forward to this one.

abe

« Reply #280 on: October 30, 2014, 01:52:32 pm »
Yay mail time! ;D Today I got some Japanese imports.
-Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA (PSP)
-Summon Night 5 (PSP)
-Tales of Vesperia (PS3) (PlayStation3 the Best edition)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

davifus

« Reply #281 on: October 30, 2014, 01:58:48 pm »
-Summon Night 5 (PSP)

Still waiting for my Tales of Vesperia ughhh
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #282 on: October 30, 2014, 03:07:39 pm »
Looking for some entertaining ways of exercise right now, so I'm gonna try and get some DDR stuff and fortunately for me, Goodwill had two DDR games for me.  Just need to find a PS2 pad now.

And then for the bigger haul, a pile of PS1 games from my usual thrift store. I think the only real gem of the pile is Castelvania: Symphony of the Night, but a couple others looked fun and the ones I end up not keeping will be added to my trade stack.

maximo310

« Reply #283 on: October 30, 2014, 03:34:42 pm »
Looking for some entertaining ways of exercise right now, so I'm gonna try and get some DDR stuff and fortunately for me, Goodwill had two DDR games for me.  Just need to find a PS2 pad now.

And then for the bigger haul, a pile of PS1 games from my usual thrift store. I think the only real gem of the pile is Castelvania: Symphony of the Night, but a couple others looked fun and the ones I end up not keeping will be added to my trade stack.

I have the same problem for DDR, I have a few of the games but no pad to play with them. You did get the first Crash, Crash Bash, Spider Man( pretty good platformer), BustaMove, Pac Man World and the 3rd Syro in that set, which are all pretty good games as well as more desireable common titles since PS1 has been rising in price for the last few years or so.

maximo310

« Reply #284 on: October 30, 2014, 03:37:30 pm »
-Summon Night 5 (PSP)
I didn't know there were more Summon Night games out there besides the first two. Is this one considered to be the best in the series?