Author Topic: Amiibo & others listings  (Read 11465 times)

Re: Amiibo & others listings
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2016, 09:49:30 am »
I would change the "Amiibo Animal Crossing Cards" for "Amiibo Cards" as it may in the future will be cards from other Nintendo games, like Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card for Pokken Tournament.

abe

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2016, 10:05:14 am »
So I have a question regarding region of open amiibos. Isnt their text on the bottom of open amiibos bases to that can give you a rough idea of where they came from?

They seem to have serial numbers on the bottom, but I have no idea if that can actually be used to tell what region it's from. I'm not even 100% sure those are serial numbers. I don't have any imported Amiibo either, so I can't confirm if they're any different on the bottom or not.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

karyann

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2016, 10:34:34 am »
I would change the "Amiibo Animal Crossing Cards" for "Amiibo Cards" as it may in the future will be cards from other Nintendo games, like Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card for Pokken Tournament.

Ah, really good point!

They seem to have serial numbers on the bottom, but I have no idea if that can actually be used to tell what region it's from. I'm not even 100% sure those are serial numbers. I don't have any imported Amiibo either, so I can't confirm if they're any different on the bottom or not.

I have an EU Marth and JP Robin, Lucina, Totakeke and Isabelle, if anyone wants to compare. I'll check their codes this weekend or so.

Flashback2012

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2016, 12:13:28 pm »

Oh yeah...the Shadow MewTwo card. I forgot about that. Good catch mastafafik!  ;D

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2016, 12:21:01 pm »
So I have a question regarding region of open amiibos. Isnt their text on the bottom of open amiibos bases to that can give you a rough idea of where they came from?
Almost all  products that can be sell in Europe must have a CE logo
If you have that mark on the bottom of the amiibo, then you have an European amiibo.

« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2016, 12:22:12 pm »
Personally I don't understand listing every amiibo card. We don't list every e-reader card.

If you have that mark on the bottom of the amiibo, then you have an European amiibo.
That's untrue. American ones have that too. Many products have CE them because manufacturers don't know where they'll end up.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 12:26:06 pm by badATchaos »

karyann

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2016, 12:28:18 pm »
A lot of NA products have the CE logo on them though, which lets them manufacture everything in the same way. I'm unsure if our Amiibo have it, though.

Should've read all posts before answering.  ::)

Flashback2012

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2016, 12:54:25 pm »
Personally I don't understand listing every amiibo card. We don't list every e-reader card.

THIS MUST BE FIXED!   :P

All joking aside, I always did feel like the e-Reader needed it's own sub-category under Nintendo Other even though it requires the GBA to play (and DS/DS Lite or did it not fit in that?). Of course if you're going to have a category for that you'd have to not only list the games they sold for it like Excitebike and Donkey Kong Jr. but also all of those damn Pokemon e-Reader cards they shat out. Trying to track all those down sounds mildly nightmare inducing. And then there's the Animal Crossing cards. OY.  :o

karyann

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2016, 04:34:03 pm »
So, to clear up the Amiibo base information thingy:

All regions have CE under.

EU Marth: 424000AAAMW3
JP Lucina code: 425000AABTW2
JP Robin/Reflet: 415000AABUW2
JP Isabelle: 395000AJAAW2
JP Totakeke: 435000AJABG1

If anyone can compare one of those from another region that'd be neat :)

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2016, 10:26:11 pm »
I think some people have started posting those 12 digit codes in some of our amiibo entries. Or at least I remember seeing a few with them.

desocietas

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2016, 04:53:27 pm »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2016, 12:13:37 pm »
Interactive Figures
Amiibo Accessories (for things like stands/displays/carrying cases/etc)
Amiibo Cards
Amiibo Figures
Disney Infinity Accessories (for things like stands/displays/power discs/playsets/carrying cases/etc)
Disney Infinity Figures
LEGO Dimensions Accessories (see above)
LEGO Dimensions Figures
Pokemon Rumble U NFC Figures
Skylanders Accessories (stands/bags/playsets/traps/special items)
Skylanders Figures

So, can everyone vote on this or suggest modifications? Once we settle for something, I'll see with Jason when we could make the modifications. It's going to be a lot of work so it might take a while for us to sync and do it, so might as well at least get clear right now on what to do  :P

« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2016, 12:17:46 pm »
Is it necessary to split the accessories up?
Are we still doing regions as well?

desocietas

« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2016, 01:44:22 pm »
I don't have any open amiibos to cross check against Karyann's numbers, I'm afraid.

I still like the idea of regions, but for the sake of having a shorter list, maybe it should be a situation where we write the region code after the title. That'd be pretty annoying of course, but it's what's currently being done with other game accessories.  Otherwise, the list that we adopt might be 3 times longer for all the regions.

Also, I notice that the Interactive Figures [AU] page doesn't work - is it just because there's nothing entered for it?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Flashback2012

« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2016, 01:44:32 pm »
Is it necessary to split the accessories up?
Are we still doing regions as well?

Accessories don't HAVE to be split up but it would be nice I think to have a category to view just the figures themselves. LEGO Dimensions probably doesn't need an accessories sub-category as there isn't much in the way of accessories other than from a few pouches and carrying cases. In regards to Infinity though there's the playsets and power discs as well as any and all accessories such as totes or what not (I know GS carries an ornament encasement you can use for your Infinity characters). Skylanders have plenty of accessories that might clutter up their listing as well. Amiibos have a few case/bag accessories that I'm aware of but maybe not enough to justify a sub-category.

As for regions, I would think that renaming them with the region denoted in the title was a workable fix. Then perhaps you could have an "Open Figure" listing that's for all regions? Amiibos seem to be the only line that is really affected by this conundrum.  :P

So how's this look...

Amiibo Cards
Amiibo Figures & Accessories
Disney Infinity Figures & Accessories
LEGO Dimensions Figures & Accessories
Pokemon Rumble U NFC Figures
Skylanders Figures & Accessories