Author Topic: Amiibo & others listings  (Read 11479 times)

gf78

Re: Amiibo & others listings
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2016, 01:55:29 pm »
Is it necessary to split the accessories up?
Are we still doing regions as well?

Accessories don't HAVE to be split up but it would be nice I think to have a category to view just the figures themselves. LEGO Dimensions probably doesn't need an accessories sub-category as there isn't much in the way of accessories other than from a few pouches and carrying cases. In regards to Infinity though there's the playsets and power discs as well as any and all accessories such as totes or what not (I know GS carries an ornament encasement you can use for your Infinity characters). Skylanders have plenty of accessories that might clutter up their listing as well. Amiibos have a few case/bag accessories that I'm aware of but maybe not enough to justify a sub-category.

As for regions, I would think that renaming them with the region denoted in the title was a workable fix. Then perhaps you could have an "Open Figure" listing that's for all regions? Amiibos seem to be the only line that is really affected by this conundrum.  :P

So how's this look...

Amiibo Cards
Amiibo Figures & Accessories
Disney Infinity Figures & Accessories
LEGO Dimensions Figures & Accessories
Pokemon Rumble U NFC Figures
Skylanders Figures & Accessories

It would definitely be helpful if the "interactive figures" section was broken down into individual product lines.  They are as independent from each other as PS4, Wii U and Xbox One. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

rayne315

« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2016, 12:54:53 pm »

Accessories don't HAVE to be split up but it would be nice I think to have a category to view just the figures themselves. LEGO Dimensions probably doesn't need an accessories sub-category as there isn't much in the way of accessories other than from a few pouches and carrying cases. In regards to Infinity though there's the playsets and power discs as well as any and all accessories such as totes or what not (I know GS carries an ornament encasement you can use for your Infinity characters). Skylanders have plenty of accessories that might clutter up their listing as well. Amiibos have a few case/bag accessories that I'm aware of but maybe not enough to justify a sub-category.

As for regions, I would think that renaming them with the region denoted in the title was a workable fix. Then perhaps you could have an "Open Figure" listing that's for all regions? Amiibos seem to be the only line that is really affected by this conundrum.  :P

So how's this look...

Amiibo Cards

It would definitely be helpful if the "interactive figures" section was broken down into individual product lines.  They are as independent from each other as PS4, Wii U and Xbox One.

You mean like series 1 and series 2?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2016, 01:09:41 pm »

So how's this look...

Amiibo Cards

I think he was just agreeing with the idea of them being separated by franchises rather than just all lumped together as "interactive figures" (what it is currently)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Flashback2012

« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2016, 01:50:58 pm »

Desocietas summed it up pretty well. I think breaking them down by series such as all of Disney 1.0, 2.0 & 3.0 getting their own sub-categories would be a tad obnoxious especially considering most all of them have their release denoted in their listing already (as do most all of the Skylanders). Right now I think the only hold ups are whether or not to lump in accessories with the figures (I'd prefer they not be but if the majority want it that way that's fine) and what to do about out of packaging Amiibo figures in regards to region (something I  think is a moot issue once they're opened, at worst there should be a "Open Figure/All Regions" entry for those that can't decide/determine).

rayne315

« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2016, 03:30:35 pm »
I would either suggest putting the accessories in with the figres for what they are for OR lumping all the accessories together in one category for all interactive figures (I do not know but suspect their aren't all that many accessories yet)

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Flashback2012

« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2016, 03:25:18 am »
I would either suggest putting the accessories in with the figres for what they are for OR lumping all the accessories together in one category for all interactive figures (I do not know but suspect their aren't all that many accessories yet)

Oooh I hadn't thought of that. I kinda like that idea.

Amiibo Cards
Amiibo Figures
Disney Infinity Figures
Interactive Figure Items & Accessories
LEGO Dimensions Figures
Skylanders Figures

How's that look?  :)

karyann

« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2016, 10:04:28 pm »
I'm not sure about lumping together accessories, it sounds like it could quickly become super messy and people would probably ask to change them again.

While we're on the subject though, should we rename "Interactive Figures" to "Toys to Life", since that's what manufacturers and stores call them now?

rayne315

« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2016, 01:50:20 pm »
I'm not sure about lumping together accessories, it sounds like it could quickly become super messy and people would probably ask to change them again.

While we're on the subject though, should we rename "Interactive Figures" to "Toys to Life", since that's what manufacturers and stores call them now?

personally I think interactive figures from a collectors standpoint is both more descriptive of what they are and a nicer more desirable sound than "Toys to life"

what sounds better to you:

I just finished my interactive figure collection.
I just finished my toys to life collection.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2016, 02:31:29 pm »
I actually hadn't heard of the term "toys to life"! Did a quick search around to see what the various NA retailers call them:

Gamestop : Interactive gaming figures
Amazon : Interactive gaming figures
Best Buy : Toys to Life
Wal-mart: (lumped together with games)
Target: Toys to Life
Frys: accessories
Newegg: accessories
Toys R Us: poor figures... amiibo have their own category, skylanders have their own categories, and disney infinity is categorized under "easter basket fillers"  :'(

Hm, I had no idea...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 08:55:31 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2016, 08:48:32 pm »
For some reason I don't like the name Toys-to-Life because it almost sounds like a brand name or something. Interactive Figures sounds more generic and broad.

abe

« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2016, 09:04:26 pm »
I too prefer "Interactive Figures" over "Toys to Life". Figures like Amiibo don't exactly "come to life" in many games and do little more than unlock stuff and things.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2016, 09:14:03 pm »
very true

Flashback2012

« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2016, 01:41:55 am »
I'm on the side of "Interactive Figures/Interactive Gaming Figures" myself but I wouldn't be opposed if they became "Interactive Gaming Figures / Toys to Life".  ;)

So there's a consensus on the Figure categories at least?

Amiibo Cards
Amiibo Figures
Disney Infinity Figures
LEGO Dimensions Figures
Skylanders Figures

I went ahead and browsed Amazon on what might be considered accessories for these games...

Amiibo Accessories

LEGO Dimensions Accessories

Disney Infinity Accessories

Skylanders Accessories

It seems we already have sub-categories for some of these under "Swag" (I wouldn't mind it if that category got renamed  :P). The totes and bags can go under "Carrying Cases & Bags" and if possible could stand a slight renaming to "Carrying Cases, Bags & Displays" to accommodate the stands/displays. Then again, the stands could go under "Toys/Novelties" sub-category as well. I think things like the Skylander Traps and Vehicles as well as the Infinity Power Discs and Playset Pieces should remain in the same categories as their respective figures.

So based on that, how's about these categories then...

Amiibo Cards
Amiibo Figures
Disney Infinity Figures / Power Discs / Play Set Pieces
LEGO Dimensions Figures
Skylanders Figures / Traps / Vehicles

« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2016, 08:28:26 am »

I'd list the infrared amiibo scanner as a 3DS accessory.

abe

« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2016, 09:45:18 am »

I'd list the infrared amiibo scanner as a 3DS accessory.

That makes far more sense than Amiibo accessory.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)