Author Topic: Amiibo & others listings  (Read 11477 times)

Amiibo & others listings
« on: October 07, 2014, 01:13:12 pm »
Nintendo is releasing they're first Amiibo series along with launch of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. These "toy-to-life" figures will work with future Wii U titles and there's plans to make them compatible with Nintendo 3DS via a peripheral and the "New Nintendo 3DS" handheld line.

Is there a preferred category these should be submitted to? They probably should not be entered under Wii U because of the cross-platform (and in some cases cross-game) usage. Do they really have to be listed under the generic Accessory group? Frankly that scares me because it's just filled with miscellaneous things. -Mostly Skylanders figures. This kind of brings up the question: shouldn't Disney Infinity, Skylander's (along with its multiple series), and Amiibo get their own categories and/or sub-categories? I could definitely see Amiibo going under Nintendo Other at least.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 02:21:22 pm by badATchaos »

koemo1

PRO Supporter

Re: Amiibo & others listings
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 02:02:02 pm »
Maybe a listing as "Interactive Figurine Series"?
Skylanders
Disney Infinity
Amiiboo
Pokemon Rumble U
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

soera

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 09:29:03 am »
Im okay with changing that. And the category of "Interactive figures" is definitely a good choice. At first, it was just Skylanders and there were only 36 of them when it started (I am the one who has entered over 90% of all the Skylanders in the database) but the way it is now, there are 100s of different figures just for Skylanders not to mention all the others. I agree that it should have its own separate category now.

silversyx

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 11:24:41 am »
Having their own category would be great in my opinion, or maybe if there was a way to list them under multiple platforms? Like if I register my Mario Amiibo and it asks "do you use this on Wii U and/or 3DS?" or for Disney Infinity "Do you use this on: PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS4, Xbox One..." Etc.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 01:39:17 pm »
Maybe a silly question, but those skylanders, you have them for the playstation's and nintendo's. If u buy one for the ps3, doesnt that figure work on the Wii?

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 01:40:18 pm »
... I vote against multiple platforms. Those figures work on the games, regardless of the platform, so there's no point in listing them for each one.

argyle

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 02:09:17 pm »
While we're on the subject, is there a reason we use the promo artwork for the Skylanders figures instead of a shot of the actual figure in its packaging?  ???
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

foxhack

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 03:08:41 pm »
While we're on the subject, is there a reason we use the promo artwork for the Skylanders figures instead of a shot of the actual figure in its packaging?  ???

No. I found that odd too.

karyann

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 03:41:05 pm »
A new category would be cool, seeing how everyone seems to want to get in this business too. And it would de-clutter the accessory category, which would be nice too! I think it's win-win.

argyle

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 06:24:35 pm »

Unless I'm losing my mind - and that's always a possibility - I want to say I submitted some package pics 2 or 3 months ago & they were approved.  But now I see they've been bumped down to the "alternate" artwork.  It's my OCD coming out I guess, just bugs me to not see the real package. :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 07:37:52 pm »
yes the figures work on every platform. The only difference is the game disc.

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 12:15:36 am »
In my opinion I think that the figures should have there own category .... It would be a lot easier to look up and find when need be.. :P

soera

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 07:36:13 pm »

Unless I'm losing my mind - and that's always a possibility - I want to say I submitted some package pics 2 or 3 months ago & they were approved.  But now I see they've been bumped down to the "alternate" artwork.  It's my OCD coming out I guess, just bugs me to not see the real package. :P

Im the one that does that. I cant stand the look of the stupid figures in the pictures and some of the items do not come in packages and stuff. The artwork looks better.

soera

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 07:37:39 pm »
Maybe a silly question, but those skylanders, you have them for the playstation's and nintendo's. If u buy one for the ps3, doesnt that figure work on the Wii?

The figures work for whatever system you have.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2014, 03:26:23 am »

The figures work for whatever system you have.

Thx.