Author Topic: Amiibo & others listings  (Read 11470 times)

argyle

Re: Amiibo & others listings
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 10:36:00 am »
While we're on the subject, is there a reason we use the promo artwork for the Skylanders figures instead of a shot of the actual figure in its packaging?  ???

No. I found that odd too.

Unless I'm losing my mind - and that's always a possibility - I want to say I submitted some package pics 2 or 3 months ago & they were approved.  But now I see they've been bumped down to the "alternate" artwork.  It's my OCD coming out I guess, just bugs me to not see the real package. :P

Im the one that does that. I cant stand the look of the stupid figures in the pictures and some of the items do not come in packages and stuff. The artwork looks better.

:P

I disagree, but what can you do?  Not everyone can be right all the time like I am. ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2014, 12:29:22 pm »
Do any of the admins have an consciences of this yet? They're going to be releasing soon and it would be nice to know where I can shove these?

foxhack

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2014, 12:37:32 pm »
The only person that can add categories is matt. :'(

hexen

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 04:30:15 pm »
I've noticed that the Amiibos seem to have been split in categories between Wii U accessories and Hardware accessories... I started submitting edits to the remaining few hardware accessories to change them to Wii U accessories, when I thought that maybe someone had left them that way to represent the ones that will work on 3DS games or something...?

The point is having Amiibos split in different categories seems dumb, so they should all be in one. I hear Sorea is the NFC figure man, so if you see this, please decide where they go all together. K thnx.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 05:07:39 pm »
The "New" 3DS is capable of reading amiibos (NFC), and there was a planned amiibo scanner/portal for normal 3DS models but at the moment there isn't any games that take advantage of amiibos (at least not in NA and EU). Once some games come out we'll have to cross that bridge when we get there.

hexen

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2015, 01:00:18 pm »
I still find it REALLY annoying that like 5 Amiibos are in a different category than the rest.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

tpugmire

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2015, 04:16:54 pm »
Eventually, they will get their own category. For now, add/edit them to Wii U Accessory.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

soera

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2015, 05:44:42 pm »
Its not a Wii U accessory, its an accessory period. I was the one that uploaded every single Amiibo as well as all the Skylanders. If its usable on more than one system, it cant be classified by system.

karyann

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2015, 08:10:03 pm »
I still find it REALLY annoying that like 5 Amiibos are in a different category than the rest.

Since Soera entered all the Amiibo and is good at consistency, my guess is that these 5 are probably dupes of already existing entries.

Edit: Nevermind, I think it might actually be because of the merge of dupes. We'll have to edit them back to "Accessory".  :-\
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 08:12:22 pm by karyann »

psydswipe

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2015, 05:58:34 am »
Is there a reason the current amiibo listings don't include Super Smash Bros. in the title? It seems relevant since the game title is on the front of the amiibo packaging and above the character's name. I realize they can be compatible with other games but Super Smash Bros. is the primary game for the first few waves. Keeping the titles as is will create duplicate names once the Super Mario series hits in a few months though I guess you could number them, like Mario 2, Mario 3 and so on (though someone would have to keep track of that). Personally I'd put the game titles for these and for Skylanders and Disney before the character names, though I can see why you might want the character name first so that you can see how many variations exist for a single character.  On the other hand, putting a title first would make it easier to see all of the characters associated with a single game with the way the database sorts.

Although the figures just got their own section and this might be overkill, but maybe it would be best to give each type their own sub section under the toys. For example, Skylanders would be a category and Disney Infinity a separate category under Interactive Figures. I suppose it gets to be a bit much since they are broken down by region as well.

soera

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2015, 04:41:41 pm »
SSB is only the initial game that Amiibo are going to be accessible on and as such, no reason to include the name. I cant imagine anyone is going to look for them by typing in "Super smash bros Wii U Amiibo Mario" and instead just searching "Amiibo Mario".

When it comes to the Skylanders, I tried to include the game they are released with (Spyro, Giants, Swap force, Trap team) but the main focus of all of the interactive figures is the figure themselves.

I honestly dont see the need to have the separate regions either. Once the figures are opened, there is absolutely no difference in which region they come from. All we need is the Interactive figure category and, if for some reason you must categorize which region you bought it in, just add it in notes.

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2015, 08:41:39 pm »
That's kinda why I suggested having a subcategory for each brand. For example if we had an Amiibo category we wouldn't have to add the word Amiibo to the end. We could have an entry Bowser - Super Smash Bros. and Bowser - Super Mario Bros (or whatever that new series is called). In either case we should have some kind of outline on the official style sheet on how to proceed with these NFC figures.

As much as I agree with the tossing of the regions for the figures, like soera was saying, there's some ppl who want to collect the different region packages. I could care less personally.
On a similar topic: I keep seeing people use region brackets on console accessories like controllers. Controllers for the most part will work anywhere. The only difference is the packaging.

argyle

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2015, 11:46:14 am »
That's kinda why I suggested having a subcategory for each brand. For example if we had an Amiibo category we wouldn't have to add the word Amiibo to the end. We could have an entry Bowser - Super Smash Bros. and Bowser - Super Mario Bros (or whatever that new series is called). In either case we should have some kind of outline on the official style sheet on how to proceed with these NFC figures.

As much as I agree with the tossing of the regions for the figures, like soera was saying, there's some ppl who want to collect the different region packages. I could care less personally.
On a similar topic: I keep seeing people use region brackets on console accessories like controllers. Controllers for the most part will work anywhere. The only difference is the packaging.

I definitely agree w/ subcategories. I don't think it would be too involved to separate them into Amiibo / Skylanders / Disney Infinity.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2015, 02:07:05 pm »
I am in agreement with subcategories for the Interactive Figures. Browsing that section is a mess right now.

I appreciate the category being created initially and hopefully we can add even this next level in the hierarchy tree for it!

Thanks!
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

psydswipe

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2015, 05:59:40 am »
SSB is only the initial game that Amiibo are going to be accessible on and as such, no reason to include the name. I cant imagine anyone is going to look for them by typing in "Super smash bros Wii U Amiibo Mario" and instead just searching "Amiibo Mario".

Now they have the game name in the title in parentheses and I'm wondering if that's the new policy or if a staff member just accepted the edits without discussing it since they all appear to be title edit submissions by a fairly new user. That leads me to my next question, something I've been wondering for a while: how many staff members are there and who are they? Does each person have a specific role? I've been visiting the site on and off for years but have no idea if the full staff is listed somewhere on the site. I realize some have admin in their forum profile, though I'm not seeing a way to pull up all the forum users (and perhaps sort by their profile title).