Author Topic: Are there any truly rare games yet from the PS3 or 360?  (Read 10480 times)

desocietas

Re: Are there any truly rare games yet from the PS3 or 360?
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2014, 11:17:34 am »
I thought Valkyria Chronicles would be a rare one down the line, but I saw in one of the other forums that a PC version is in pre-order stages already...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2014, 12:12:15 pm »
NBA Elite 11 was canceled. Do people have development copies cause a final version in a box wouldn't exist?

It was canceled at the last minute - review copies had already been sent out. Not sure if any copies had actually shipped to stores tho. There are supposedly complete/retail copies out there, just incredibly rare.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2014, 12:16:26 pm »
I thought Valkyria Chronicles would be a rare one down the line, but I saw in one of the other forums that a PC version is in pre-order stages already...

Well...I know that (if it's not anymore) the strategy guide for VC was rare, as I've sold several of them at 2x to 3x the price of the game  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2014, 02:54:11 pm »

Well...I know that (if it's not anymore) the strategy guide for VC was rare, as I've sold several of them at 2x to 3x the price of the game  ;)

I have that! :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2014, 06:15:11 pm »

In terms of truly rare games, I think there only around two dozen or so between the two consoles, with most being budget titles that saw limited release by smaller publishers. But here are a few that I would say range from uncommon to rare:

PS3
Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition (NTSC-version)
Afrika
Lord of The Rings Conquest
Under Defeat HD
NBA Elite 11 (ULTRA RARE!!)
Uncharted 2: Hunter's Edition (the one with the dagger)
No More Heroes
Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition
King of Fighters XII
Tales of Symphonia Collectors Edition

Akai Katana
Konami Classics (vol. 1 and 2)
Raiden Fighters Aces
Samurai Showdown Sen
Bullet Witch

NBA Elite 11 was canceled. Do people have development copies cause a final version in a box wouldn't exist?

You are right, it was cancelled, but some retail copies still made it to store shelves. Several have come up on Ebay. So a retail version does exist, it was never meant to be released though.

bobster

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2014, 03:46:06 pm »
Yup it's coming out for PC! I got an email from Green Man Gaming that they are doing preorders, and even offered a 23% discount code!

Here's a link if you're interested.
Currently Playing: The Witcher