Author Topic: November 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 32950 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: November 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #315 on: December 02, 2014, 10:13:36 pm »
Its dec but.....

VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

devancowan

« Reply #316 on: December 02, 2014, 10:41:40 pm »
Picked up Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (Black Label. I don't want none of that "greatest hits" garbage!) and Hitman: Blood money. Only cost me 2.50 each so how could I not!

Warmsignal

« Reply #317 on: December 03, 2014, 02:07:42 am »
Just picked up a FREE Xbox 360 from the dumpster. I already have a 360 - the second wave white tank edition I believe, in particular. But the one I picked up tonight is a black tank, and I believe it is of the "Jasper" chip era, supposedly less prone to red ring, manufactured Nov 09. Only problem with it really, was the stuck CD tray issue. I figured out the repair for this tray issue, it basically amounts to pulling a small belt off of the CD drive, rubbing it down with alcohol to clean it, and re-installing it. Sure enough, that fixed it. The machine seems to work fine.

Just one catch... when I was cleaning it, I spotted a figging TICK inside the CD drive!  :o Tried to grab him out, but failed. Not sure if he could damage the system or what. Never expected that, though I should've, the thing was in a dumpster after all. ???

Overall, I like it. I see it as an upgrade from my old white tank which has miraculously never red ringed on me. I was basically just waiting for the day it did, but now I feel more at ease with this black tank. Xbox 360 for free? Sure, why not.  :D
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 02:10:54 am by Warmsignal »

jcalder8

« Reply #318 on: December 03, 2014, 07:25:42 am »
Xbox 360 for free? Sure, why not.  :D
Can't beat that price!

maximo310

« Reply #319 on: December 03, 2014, 12:22:41 pm »
Just picked up a FREE Xbox 360 from the dumpster. I already have a 360 - the second wave white tank edition I believe, in particular. But the one I picked up tonight is a black tank, and I believe it is of the "Jasper" chip era, supposedly less prone to red ring, manufactured Nov 09. Only problem with it really, was the stuck CD tray issue. I figured out the repair for this tray issue, it basically amounts to pulling a small belt off of the CD drive, rubbing it down with alcohol to clean it, and re-installing it. Sure enough, that fixed it. The machine seems to work fine.

Just one catch... when I was cleaning it, I spotted a figging TICK inside the CD drive!  :o Tried to grab him out, but failed. Not sure if he could damage the system or what. Never expected that, though I should've, the thing was in a dumpster after all. ???

Overall, I like it. I see it as an upgrade from my old white tank which has miraculously never red ringed on me. I was basically just waiting for the day it did, but now I feel more at ease with this black tank. Xbox 360 for free? Sure, why not.  :D
That's pretty great especially since its the final Elite model with a 250 gb hdd so you're pretty much set on storage capacity, and those are apparently harder to find since those were only available in limited/special edition bundles so that's a pretty great deal you got for free, especially since all you had to do was fix the disk drive tray.

foxhack

« Reply #320 on: December 03, 2014, 06:43:03 pm »
Allright... today was a pretty good day for my shop, but I also found two boxes full of old PC games. None were boxed, so I left behind several... but managed to grab some interesting things, anyhoo.

Mary Kate and Ashley: Crush Course (shut up) - $1
SpyHunter (PC+Mac, disc in case) - $1.25
Postal 2 (European release) - $1.25
Postal 2: Share the Pain Multiplayer Edition - $1.25

The PS1 game was found at a booth with tons and tons of CDs. This was the only PS1 game, though. SpyHunter and both Postal 2s were bought as part of a lot that cost me $10 which included some stuff for reselling. I wasn't going to buy them until I saw the inside...

... it has notes from Vince Desiderio. And an autograph. I'm not sure where he did this, but hell, I'll take this for the oddities collection.

abe

« Reply #321 on: December 03, 2014, 07:29:40 pm »
It's December already... why are people still posting in this thread? :o
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #322 on: December 03, 2014, 07:33:59 pm »
Oops! Thanks for reminding me.