Author Topic: Multiple currency support  (Read 2721 times)

matt

Multiple currency support
« on: November 06, 2014, 09:47:44 am »
Hey all,

I've got a bunch of updates in development right now and one of them is the ability to select a currency type other than US dollars. A lot of our non-US users have requested this. I'm looking to you to decide what currencies we should support. This will be a new option in your user settings.

Thanks!

tpugmire

Re: Multiple currency support
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 10:27:14 am »
How about adding Club Nintendo Coins, Microsoft Points, etc.?
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

matt

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 10:54:20 am »
How about adding Club Nintendo Coins, Microsoft Points, etc.?

hmm I could see how this would make sense. I was initially thinking the currency would be account wide but maybe it needs to be on an item to item basis.

davifus

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 11:09:37 am »
while your changing/adding things could you add some type of CERO rating for the entries? I dont know what to put for my JAP game because they're all CERO rating.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

matt

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 11:47:17 am »
while your changing/adding things could you add some type of CERO rating for the entries? I dont know what to put for my JAP game because they're all CERO rating.

Should these just be CERO A, CERO B, etc? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_Entertainment_Rating_Organization)

davifus

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 11:58:05 am »

Should these just be CERO A, CERO B, etc? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_Entertainment_Rating_Organization)

Yeah, That seems fine to me
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 12:51:11 pm »
I agree, you should add CERO ratings, because there is a lot of japanese games in the database.

maximo310

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 02:58:48 pm »
I agree, you should add CERO ratings, because there is a lot of japanese games in the database.
Yeah, I second this, considering how the system has been use for a while and is needed for game info.

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 03:15:39 pm »
Currency in the game value section of an entry? If the info is being drawn from Price Charting or Amazon US does it really make sense to display the cost in other currencies? Price charting by in large only monitors American NTSC games with very few exceptions.

karyann

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 03:17:43 pm »
Yeah, I second this, considering how the system has been use for a while and is needed for game info.

Thirded! I added quite a few Japanese entries recently, so it would be nice to be able to put the rating too.

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 03:44:35 pm »
Nice feature!!! My request for AR$ :)
Juan M. - Naicigam

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2014, 04:18:41 pm »
Mario coins please

matt

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 04:58:23 pm »
Currency in the game value section of an entry? If the info is being drawn from Price Charting or Amazon US does it really make sense to display the cost in other currencies? Price charting by in large only monitors American NTSC games with very few exceptions.

Not for value but for cost/paid for.

abe

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2014, 06:36:34 pm »

Thirded! I added quite a few Japanese entries recently, so it would be nice to be able to put the rating too.

Fourthded. :P I'd also really appreciate the CERO ratings system to be added to the database.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2014, 10:41:57 pm »

Not for value but for cost/paid for.

Do'h...