Author Topic: Neo Geo Portable?  (Read 2656 times)

darko

Neo Geo Portable?
« on: January 25, 2012, 12:59:05 pm »
This is all over the internet today so I'm sure most of you have read something about this device, but if you haven't, behold! I'll be ordering this beast as quickly as possible if it's real!

Neo Geo Portable

forte

Re: Neo Geo Portable?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 01:32:21 pm »
Looks like a PSP knockoff to me. SD card only for physical media? Probably just a one console emulator. PSP can emulate Neo Geo already anyhow. This i too little too late from SNK. The only thing good about it is if it has the NGPC's control stick. That thing is the best control stick in portable gaming. PSP's slider stick sucks balls.

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 02:04:51 pm »
WHY THE HELL DID THEY PUT THE FACE BUTTONS LIKE THAT

WHY

HAVE THESE PEOPLE NEVER PLAYED NEOGEO GAMES?! YOU CAN'T DO A+B EASILY WITH THAT LAYOUT

Also, SD Card? I smell modding. :P

darko

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 02:21:11 pm »
Also, SD Card? I smell modding. :P

Ummm yeah. If this thing is real I'll mod the hell out of it.

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 04:50:24 pm »
I just saw this as well. I want one so effing bad.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 04:54:39 pm »
As much as I hate how Sony treats it's customers I'm still planning on picking up the Vita for now.  I'll need a lot more info on this device before I consider it, I do like the simple layout though.

foxhack

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 05:32:47 pm »
The supposed source for this information is now gone. So... take it with a grain of salt.

killerchameleon

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 08:30:46 am »
Looks like another pocket emulator to me, seen them for other systems because their emulating the software their never perfect.  Unless SNK is developing the system I’m not interested.

scott

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 10:16:44 am »
I'll be all over this, if it's real and especially if it's developed by SNK.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

scott

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

amauriel

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 01:59:52 pm »
Well Holy Hell. I never expected that thing to be really OK'd by SNK. Now I have to rethink whether or not I'd want one.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

darko

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 02:06:39 pm »
If anyone finds out if/when you can preorder one of these post it! I'm going to get one for sure.

soera

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 02:26:19 pm »
I registered for it. There is a link listed on the page (Neogeox.com or something like that) where you can put in your info and let them know you are interested. Probably get emails saying when its coming, where to get limited edition, and what not.

atariboy

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 08:00:24 pm »
Guess I better start saving my pennies for this thing, It looks killer and hopefully it wont cost as much as the original Neo Geo.  ;D
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

soera

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 09:36:14 pm »
Heard from another site that its going to be about L500 ... that just doesnt sound very cheap to me in any form.