Author Topic: Got an Xbox Original, What now?  (Read 8081 times)

Re: Got an Xbox Original, What now?
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2015, 09:05:00 pm »
I'll recommend these titles:

Blinx
Guilty Gear XX: Midnight Carnival
Halo (of course)
Dead Or Alive 1 & 2 Ultimate, 3, & Beach Volleyball
Voodoo Vince Verde

I have a small collection of original XBOX games, but I would say those are my favourite.

deftommo

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2015, 09:56:35 am »
Ninja Gaiden Black (for a decent challenge)
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Halo 1 & 2 (why not...)
Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate (decent fighting game)
I remember Brute Force being pretty cool
Panzer Dragoon Orta

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2015, 07:21:15 pm »
Ive heard of people modding an Xbox ... I have an original with one of those weird HD connectors that I never use. Maybe this would make the system worth using for me.

Is there a decent program set up for modding it? Im not very technical when it comes to stuff like that so would need some assistance!
I'm still pretty big into the Xbox modding scene so if you or anyone needs some tips or a point at some good resources shoot me a PM.

Modded Xbox is god tier as an all in one emulation machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-EzhUsVXNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPVhp0TSOJw

Most Xbox hate is unfounded as it was a superior machine to the PS2 and GameCube in almost every way.

It is really easy to mod an Xbox. However, it also greatly shortens the lifespan of your Xbox. It just struggles a lot more reading all those different disc-formats. You could CLEARLY hear the difference after modding mine, and now mine is starting to go out. So weigh the good with the bad before deciding to mod it.

I just read this... Why would it shorten the lifespan of the machine? Dump the games to the HDD and put the discs on the shelf! My Xbox has a 200GB HDD with all of what I consider to be the must-haves on it.

What you are hearing is your laser sled and lens having to re-adjust for focus errors. It happens when using cheap media. This causes extra wear and tear on the sled assembly but not the laser itself.

I'm not really sure where the idea came from that burned media shortens the life of a laser, but im pretty sure its a myth.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 04:44:14 pm by pceslayer »