Author Topic: amiibo  (Read 46914 times)

bobster

Re: amiibo
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2014, 12:22:13 pm »
Looks like a new shipment of Gamecube Adapters are coming out on the 15th for those interested. This seemed to be a good place to let everyone know since we're all lamenting short supply. You can order off gamestop right now.

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/wii-u-gamecube-adapter/115426
Currently Playing: The Witcher

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2014, 01:15:41 pm »
The hype is really working for them. Or they did a great job creating the hype.

On most fora you can read this about discontinueng, and then a post with the words they continue the production. Sales most be booming.

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2014, 03:20:56 pm »
Nintendo is NOT discontinuing supply on any of the current Amiibos.

Source:

https://twitter.com/MKGLofficial/status/541758102857871361

That's good news, if true! But I'll keep playing it safe with the preorders until I start seeing Marths on store shelves again, and I recommend the same to all. PR is cryptic by nature, and there's a lot of potential ways of interpreting that email. In the end I'm sure some models will simply be more plentiful than others, and therefore some will be rarer and more valuable. I doubt that even with the demand from collectors Marth just wouldn't sell as much as other models (and the same is true of many of the announced figures), and so it's natural for Nintendo to keep their supplies lower. Will there be a restock? Perhaps, but I'll bet those won't stick around much longer than the original shipment. All speculation, of course.
Bayleef Forever.

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2014, 04:21:58 pm »
Nope, it's been confirmed.  Certain ones simply won't get restocked after their initial run.  No clue on which ones exactly, but probably the current ones that are looking to be hard to get.

http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-reportedly-discontinues-marth-wii-fit-trainer-villager-amiibo-update--284688.phtml

I'm going out to pre-order Pit, Captain Falcon, and Little Mac today as those are the likely ones that won't be kept around in the next batch.

Also it seems to be that Lucario, the Toys R' Us exclusive is already sold out online through pre-order, so might want to make sure to check in store near you about getting it.  Shulk is from Gamestop and Meta Knight is from Best Buy.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 04:26:05 pm by kamikazekeeg »

abe

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2014, 04:46:48 pm »
Nope, it's been confirmed.  Certain ones simply won't get restocked after their initial run.  No clue on which ones exactly, but probably the current ones that are looking to be hard to get.

http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-reportedly-discontinues-marth-wii-fit-trainer-villager-amiibo-update--284688.phtml

I'm going out to pre-order Pit, Captain Falcon, and Little Mac today as those are the likely ones that won't be kept around in the next batch.

Also it seems to be that Lucario, the Toys R' Us exclusive is already sold out online through pre-order, so might want to make sure to check in store near you about getting it.  Shulk is from Gamestop and Meta Knight is from Best Buy.

But the quote from Nintendo in that article says:

We will aim for certain amiibo to always be available. These will be for our most popular characters like Mario and Link. Due to shelf space constraints, other figures likely will not return to the market once they have sold through their initial shipment.

Saying they "likely" won't be restocked doesn't confirm that they're being discontinued. Unless they cut out the likely and just say they will not return to the market, it's still not a confirmation. It's very unlikely that they'll be restocked, but it's not impossible.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

soera

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2014, 04:47:53 pm »
I already have quite a few of the amiibo on pre-order.  Pit, Zelda, Shulk, Little Mac, Sheik, Mega man, Ike, and Toon Link. Ill probably pick up Meta knight too. Already have Link, Samus, and Marth.

I really have no interest in all the higher profile ones.

argyle

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2014, 04:58:10 pm »
So who are the front-runners to be hard to find from wave 2? Pit & Little Mac?
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2014, 05:41:42 pm »
So who are the front-runners to be hard to find from wave 2? Pit & Little Mac?

Captain Falcon might be difficult to get as well. It's been a long time since the last F-Zero game released, and Captain Falcon probably isn't as well known anymore (from anything other than Smash Bros).
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2014, 05:47:12 pm »
I wish Target would hurry up and release the Rosalina preorder info :/

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2014, 06:26:34 pm »
I just went to pre-order Shulk, Falcon, and Little Mac from Gamestop.  They weirdly didn't have Pit actually in their system to pre-order.  Neither one at the mall did.  Gonna have to grab it online I guess or get lucky on release.

Toys R' Us is currently sold out of Lucario pre-orders.  You might have a chance in store, but I went to one today and not only was Pit not available as they sold out their pre-orders, but Lucario was also gone.  Gonna probably pre-order Meta Knight tonight from Best Buy online so I can pick it up in store.

soera

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2014, 06:45:24 pm »
Pit was removed from Gamestop pre-order. I talked to the regional manager today. Glad I already have my order in.

Toys R Us (at least the one here in my local area) isnt doing the in store pre-orders anymore. Im not too upset cause Lucario isnt one Im terribly interested in. Meta Knight however is kind of on my list so Ill Best buy in a few days.

argyle

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2014, 07:21:34 pm »
Wow, my friends rock!!  ;D

I was just talking to a good friend of mine as he drove home - he lives about 40 miles south of me in my old hometown but he works in the same town that I live in. Anyway, my hometown is pretty small so I asked him if he would swing by their Wal-Mart & check on the 3 rare figures. He scored all 3 for me! Said they only had one Marth but had several Wii Fit Trainers & Villagers.

Anyway, super happy about that!!!

EDIT: Also Best Buy is still taking preorder for Pitt (online at least). Just put in a preorder for him, Little Mac & Captain Falcon. :)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 07:33:26 pm by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2014, 09:56:42 pm »
So to clarify, I guess Toys R Us is not sold out of the in store preorders for Lucario, they don't even have in store preorders for him yet. While trying to preorder Lucario tonight, the manager said that the online skew is different than the in store one, which the stores have not been given to (will likely have them next week according to him). So to all of us who want him, but can't preorder him online right now, there is still a chance to get one in store. . eventually.

On a side note, I preordered Meta Knight tonight, so that's 2/4 for the store-exclusive Amiibos for me.

Oh and one more thing. I set up a thread in the Marketplace for those of us who are looking for specific Amiibos. That way we can help each other out if necessary :)

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2014, 11:39:52 pm »
So to clarify, I guess Toys R Us is not sold out of the in store preorders for Lucario, they don't even have in store preorders for him yet. While trying to preorder Lucario tonight, the manager said that the online skew is different than the in store one, which the stores have not been given to (will likely have them next week according to him). So to all of us who want him, but can't preorder him online right now, there is still a chance to get one in store. . eventually.

On a side note, I preordered Meta Knight tonight, so that's 2/4 for the store-exclusive Amiibos for me.

Oh and one more thing. I set up a thread in the Marketplace for those of us who are looking for specific Amiibos. That way we can help each other out if necessary :)

I could see them wanting to have Lucario amiibos physically on store shelves, even if for a short time. Good to know that people who want it can still get it.
Bayleef Forever.

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2014, 12:06:55 am »

The guy I had talked to about the Lucario in store made it sound like it had been pre-ordered up already, something about 16 of them pre-ordered, but then again, this was not a manager and seemed rather new to the position as he didn't even understand what an Amiibo was or anything about the pre-orders.  So I'll take that as a good thing and perhaps it'll either open up for pre-orders soon or just something I'll have to get when the store opens that morning of release.

They are running out of pre-orders for other things though like Pit at Toys R' Rus.  I didn't check if others from the second batch were all taken up too, but I find their pre-order system kinda funny, in that if they get to a certain amount, they detour newer pre-orders by saying the deposit for them is a 1000 dollars lol