Author Topic: amiibo  (Read 46546 times)

Re: amiibo
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2014, 12:41:29 am »
The first employee I spoke with had no idea what he was talking about, so I requested to speak with a manager and he told me about the online skew thing. I was not convinced and he even tried using the online skew to show me that their system cannot use it as a UPC to process an in store preorder. He then told me he anticipates that once the new batch comes out on Friday, they get preorder skews for all the 3rd batch Amiibos. He didn't give me a definitive answer as to when they'd get those, but said he wouldn't be surprised if they got them next week or before the end of the year. As soon as they get this in i'm spreading the word on here fast seeing how many of us really want Lucario lol.

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2014, 12:59:27 am »
Gamestop didn't have the SKU's for Pit either, but they had them for the rest coming out in the second wave and for some in the third wave.  Seems like abit of weirdness with figuring out these releases.  Wonder if it was the same for Skylanders when they came out or Disney Infinity till they had too many of them to keep track of lol  I swear there's like a million Skylander figures.

bobster

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2014, 10:57:03 am »
Wow, my friends rock!!  ;D

I was just talking to a good friend of mine as he drove home - he lives about 40 miles south of me in my old hometown but he works in the same town that I live in. Anyway, my hometown is pretty small so I asked him if he would swing by their Wal-Mart & check on the 3 rare figures. He scored all 3 for me! Said they only had one Marth but had several Wii Fit Trainers & Villagers.

Anyway, super happy about that!!!

EDIT: Also Best Buy is still taking preorder for Pitt (online at least). Just put in a preorder for him, Little Mac & Captain Falcon. :)
Really nice friend! Congrats on scoring them. I was looking for the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer everywhere online yesterday. A walmart about 30 minutes away supposedly had one so I ordered it to pick up but they canceled my order last night  :(.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

karyann

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2014, 11:17:43 am »
So apparently, Gamestop is presumably trying to pull another bullshit trick by artificially inflating demand and then making tons of profit on inflated prices...

Here's the quoted e-mail:
Hello. You may remember me as the GameStop manager who first tipped you off about the November 21 release date for Smash Bros. I may have another insider story that I feel people should know about. As you likely know, GameStop will be exclusively selling the Shulk amiibo next year. From what I’ve heard, we will only be getting enough amiibo to exactly match the number of pre-orders—no more, no less. The idea is to keep the figure rare, increasing its market value and driving up demand. Then, several months later, we will receive a second shipment to sell as “used” for a marked-up price.

Please remove my name from the report—I could get fired for leaking this.

Cheers,

[Name withheld]
http://nintendonews.com/2014/12/rumor-shulk-amiibo-gamestop

This is still a rumor, but I really hope that this isn't their real plan, because if so, it's utter bullshit. But just in case, you US friends might want to pre-order it and make sure. (And if other Canadian folks know of a way to pre-order him, please tell me! Most "rare" amiibo don't even exist on Eb Games' website, and in-store clerks around me know nothing about them  :-\ )
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 11:19:43 am by karyann »

argyle

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2014, 11:50:00 am »

I was just talking to a good friend of mine as he drove home - he lives about 40 miles south of me in my old hometown but he works in the same town that I live in. Anyway, my hometown is pretty small so I asked him if he would swing by their Wal-Mart & check on the 3 rare figures. He scored all 3 for me! Said they only had one Marth but had several Wii Fit Trainers & Villagers.

EDIT: Also Best Buy is still taking preorder for Pitt (online at least). Just put in a preorder for him, Little Mac & Captain Falcon. :)
Really nice friend! Congrats on scoring them. I was looking for the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer everywhere online yesterday. A walmart about 30 minutes away supposedly had one so I ordered it to pick up but they canceled my order last night  :(.

He said they had several of both of those (but only one Marth) - if I can get them you can have them for cost + shipping. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

bobster

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2014, 11:53:11 am »

He said they had several of both of those (but only one Marth) - if I can get them you can have them for cost + shipping. :)
I would absolutely take you up on that offer. That'd be great. I'd even join the Greg appreciation cult that Kenny has created  :P.

I apparently had enough foresight to get Marth with my first batch so I'm good there.

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2014, 12:25:27 pm »

bobster

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2014, 12:34:51 pm »

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2014, 02:13:05 pm »

argyle

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2014, 02:13:48 pm »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

bobster

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2014, 02:15:35 pm »
Damn, glad I acted as quick as I did. I usually hesitate on this stuff lol

maximo310

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2014, 02:18:54 pm »
So apparently, Gamestop is presumably trying to pull another bullshit trick by artificially inflating demand and then making tons of profit on inflated prices...

Here's the quoted e-mail:
Hello. You may remember me as the GameStop manager who first tipped you off about the November 21 release date for Smash Bros. I may have another insider story that I feel people should know about. As you likely know, GameStop will be exclusively selling the Shulk amiibo next year. From what I’ve heard, we will only be getting enough amiibo to exactly match the number of pre-orders—no more, no less. The idea is to keep the figure rare, increasing its market value and driving up demand. Then, several months later, we will receive a second shipment to sell as “used” for a marked-up price.

Please remove my name from the report—I could get fired for leaking this.

Cheers,

[Name withheld]
http://nintendonews.com/2014/12/rumor-shulk-amiibo-gamestop

This is still a rumor, but I really hope that this isn't their real plan, because if so, it's utter bullshit. But just in case, you US friends might want to pre-order it and make sure. (And if other Canadian folks know of a way to pre-order him, please tell me! Most "rare" amiibo don't even exist on Eb Games' website, and in-store clerks around me know nothing about them  :-\ )
I could see them doing something like this. They already did it for certain games( xenoblade cough) and it just sucks because it forces the people who don't get it right away to wait a year or so for the price to go back down. I'll still stick to picking it up since knowing the stores around my area, they won't stock any of the rarer characters for general purchase and just leave it for pre-orders.

soera

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2014, 02:23:02 pm »
I step away for an hour and totally miss all the pre-orders lol.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2014, 02:31:59 pm »
I'm out.  I'm not buying into the hype.  I'll buy them as I want them.  I don't have to have them all.  I don't like them anyway. 

I'm just glad it was a Pokemon.  I don't have to catch 'em all.

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2014, 04:18:41 pm »
Yeah the collecting for Amiibo's is getting rather nuts, so I'm gonna step back some rather than try to go all collector crazy.  My impulsiveness and desire to collect gets overbearing sometimes and I'm getting too sucked in lol