Author Topic: amiibo  (Read 46964 times)

Re: amiibo
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2014, 04:43:08 pm »
Yeah the collecting for Amiibo's is getting rather nuts, so I'm gonna step back some rather than try to go all collector crazy.  My impulsiveness and desire to collect gets overbearing sometimes and I'm getting too sucked in lol

I'm at least going for a full Smash set, but after that I may bow out because you are absolutely correct, this is getting pretty ridiculous pretty fast. The hype and demand for these things is getting insane, requiring a lot of work to obtain some of these. On top of that, like any new, hot item, the scalpers are out in full force trying to scoop all these up so they can flip them at insane markups on Ebay. I hate people that do this, they really ruin it for everyone else. I wouldn't be surprised if 80% of the Lucario preorders (and the other retail exclusive Amiibos) are bought up by these stupid scalpers.

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2014, 05:29:55 pm »
I'm at least going for a full Smash set, but after that I may bow out because you are absolutely correct, this is getting pretty ridiculous pretty fast. The hype and demand for these things is getting insane, requiring a lot of work to obtain some of these. On top of that, like any new, hot item, the scalpers are out in full force trying to scoop all these up so they can flip them at insane markups on Ebay. I hate people that do this, they really ruin it for everyone else. I wouldn't be surprised if 80% of the Lucario preorders (and the other retail exclusive Amiibos) are bought up by these stupid scalpers.

Yeah I'm just going to end up focusing on characters I like in the future.  I still might grab some extras for the heck of it, but I'm going back to my original idea of grabbing stuff that is more likely to be used in other games.  So definitely Mario characters, Star Fox, Metroid, Zelda of course, and maybe a few other characters I like, such as Shulk who I'm enjoying playing in Smash Bros since I barely played the game he's from.  Mega Man and Sonic will be buys also.

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2014, 05:32:44 pm »
this is insane.
nintendo could make so much cash by just making more of these.
the people buying them up to sell on ebay will keep buying them and not be able to sell them as everyone else would be able to get some and give nintendo the money instead of some prick trying to make cash.

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2014, 05:38:28 pm »
this is insane.
the people buying them up to sell on ebay will keep buying them and not be able to sell them as everyone else would be able to get some and give nintendo the money instead of some prick trying to make cash.

Exactly. I just checked and Marth Amiibos are selling for as high as $80 on Ebay right now!! That just screams that the demand for these are out of control right now. This is money that Nintendo could be getting if they'd make a lot more of these lesser known characters that a lot of people, collectors and others want.

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2014, 05:41:48 pm »
this is insane.

Exactly. I just checked and Marth Amiibos are selling for as high as $80 on Ebay right now!! That just screams that the demand for these are out of control right now. This is money that Nintendo could be getting if they'd make a lot more of these lesser known characters that a lot of people, collectors and others want.

exactly because im not going to pay that.
$13 is a little on the high side IMO.
im still going to buy them but im not going to pay more than that.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2014, 06:39:34 pm »
I think a lot of it is the mania. People get caught up in the idea of "It's rare. I want one"

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2014, 06:52:50 pm »
I think a lot of it is the mania. People get caught up in the idea of "It's rare. I want one"

Yeah, this reminds me a lot of Firby's, Pokemon Cards, Zuzu Pets, Tickle-Me Elmo, and a bunch of others kids toy fads of the past. These people probably feel really stupid when they see 50 Marth Amiibos on the shelf every time they go to Target 6-months from now lol.

« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2014, 08:14:50 pm »

Yeah, this reminds me a lot of Firby's, Pokemon Cards, Zuzu Pets, Tickle-Me Elmo, and a bunch of others kids toy fads of the past. These people probably feel really stupid when they see 50 Marth Amiibos on the shelf every time they go to Target 6-months from now lol.

i hope you are right

devancowan

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2014, 09:13:41 pm »
Does anyone know if its possible to pre-order Shulk for Ebgames here in Canada? I know its a gamestop/EB exclusive however, last time I went into my local EB they said they don't even do pre-orders on amiibo's because Nintendo doesn't give them numbers? Is it just going to be a free-for-all when it comes out?!  :-\

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2014, 10:31:48 pm »
My guess is that once the numbers come out and they see that Amiibo does well for them, as it seems to be already that Nintendo is happy with their holiday sales, they could occasionally release figures that aren't any longer in production for a limited time.  Or they'll just realize that the demand far exceeds what they thought and will simply increase the amount of figures produced in the next waves coming up.  I'd love to see that with the hype of Lucario, Shulk, Meta Knight, and apparently Rosalina, we still end up finding the figures out on shelves when they release because they got more in than they thought.  At least that's what I'm hoping for with Lucario.

jcalder8

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2014, 11:50:11 pm »
Does anyone know if its possible to pre-order Shulk for Ebgames here in Canada? I know its a gamestop/EB exclusive however, last time I went into my local EB they said they don't even do pre-orders on amiibo's because Nintendo doesn't give them numbers? Is it just going to be a free-for-all when it comes out?!  :-\
As far as I know it's not been confirmed for Canada :(

« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2014, 12:28:34 am »

I preorder my Shulk in the store. in fact I bought it the day the original Amiibo line launched. So I don't know if I fully buy that. It could be different in Canada however.

soera

« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2014, 01:47:35 am »
I don't have to catch 'em all.

This is me too. Im only getting figures that are in games I prefer to own.

blipcs76

« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2014, 10:53:50 am »

I think Nintendo is getting far more benefit from the hype the rarity of Marth, Villager and Trainer than they would by shipping more of those least popular figures.  They're so much in demand right now because of the perception that once they're gone, they're gone.  I fully believe that if Nintendo made an announcement and restocked those three figures nationwide, the hysteria would collapse and they would just sit on the shelves.

karyann

« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2014, 11:00:06 am »

I've been wondering the same thing. Have you seen any Marth, Villager or Wii Fit Trainer in any store at all? Because I haven't, and I've done many different stores, electronics or not  :-\  No sign at all of pre-orders for Shulk, Meta Knight or Lucario either.

I'm seriously wondering if Canada had any of these "rare" amiibo at all, apart from on Amazon.