Author Topic: amiibo  (Read 46953 times)

jcalder8

Re: amiibo
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2014, 11:12:44 am »
Does anyone know if its possible to pre-order Shulk for Ebgames here in Canada? I know its a gamestop/EB exclusive however, last time I went into my local EB they said they don't even do pre-orders on amiibo's because Nintendo doesn't give them numbers? Is it just going to be a free-for-all when it comes out?!  :-\

I've been wondering the same thing. Have you seen any Marth, Villager or Wii Fit Trainer in any store at all? Because I haven't, and I've done many different stores, electronics or not  :-\  No sign at all of pre-orders for Shulk, Meta Knight or Lucario either.

I'm seriously wondering if Canada had any of these "rare" amiibo at all, apart from on Amazon.
I know that Target got Marth, Villager and Trainer. I bought 1 of each but my store only got 3 of each of those and they are the only ones we haven't gotten restocked.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2014, 11:13:50 am »

I think Nintendo is getting far more benefit from the hype the rarity of Marth, Villager and Trainer than they would by shipping more of those least popular figures.  They're so much in demand right now because of the perception that once they're gone, they're gone.  I fully believe that if Nintendo made an announcement and restocked those three figures nationwide, the hysteria would collapse and they would just sit on the shelves.

How much are these really in demand?  Are they in demand in our (collector) circle or for everyone?  Nationwide is little Timmy lining up to get his Marth? 

I think Nintendo would be better off to just keep making them a little at a time.  That way they sell most, if not all, of the Amiibos that they make.  Nintendo doesn't want to be stuck with a ton of Wii Fit Trainers that they can't sell. 

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2014, 01:49:17 pm »
Went to a local store that sales games and stuff. But the amiibo were sold out. I didnt see anything on the shelf.

soera

« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2014, 02:47:46 pm »
Im sure there would be a few people here in the states willing to pre-order the exclusives for our Canadian VGCollect members. :)

karyann

« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2014, 08:33:27 pm »
I know that Target got Marth, Villager and Trainer. I bought 1 of each but my store only got 3 of each of those and they are the only ones we haven't gotten restocked.

Awesome, I must have been unlucky then! I prefer that to not getting anything at all. Thanks!

devancowan

« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2014, 10:15:40 pm »
Im sure there would be a few people here in the states willing to pre-order the exclusives for our Canadian VGCollect members. :)

That would be amazing if some people did that for us Canadian folks!!

abe

« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2014, 09:22:43 am »
Sooo... Nintendo changed their mind again... again? ??? Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/10/nintendo-america-say-certain-amiibo-figurines-may-return-later-point/

Some amiibo were very popular at launch, and it is possible that some amiibo in the United States, Canada and Latin America may not be available right now due to high demand and our efforts to manage shelf space during the launch period. Certain sold-out amiibo may return to these markets at a later stage. We are continually aiming to always have a regular supply of amiibo in the marketplace and there are many waves of amiibo to come. The distribution and availability of amiibo in other regions around the world may be different.

I guess they really are trying to restock them. Maybe. I'm not sure what to think now after hearing all these different stories.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2014, 10:57:52 am »
Sooo... Nintendo changed their mind again... again? ??? Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/10/nintendo-america-say-certain-amiibo-figurines-may-return-later-point/

Some amiibo were very popular at launch, and it is possible that some amiibo in the United States, Canada and Latin America may not be available right now due to high demand and our efforts to manage shelf space during the launch period. Certain sold-out amiibo may return to these markets at a later stage. We are continually aiming to always have a regular supply of amiibo in the marketplace and there are many waves of amiibo to come. The distribution and availability of amiibo in other regions around the world may be different.

I guess they really are trying to restock them. Maybe. I'm not sure what to think now after hearing all these different stories.

I figured as much. It would make no sense from a business standpoint to have a very popular, in demand product and be like "nope, know thousands of you still want this item that we are trying to heavily integrate into our other products, but yeah, not going to release anymore. It's just money right?" I would not be surprised if retailers got a second batch of the more popular Amiibos before the end of the year.

devancowan

« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2014, 03:02:49 pm »
Just picked up the last two Little Mac Amiibo's at my local game store. Iv read from various other forums that most stores only got 3-4 for the second wave so I'm assuming that for the second wave, little mac and pit will be rare since they're most obscure then the rest. Heres to hoping!  :)

« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2014, 04:04:21 pm »
Just picked up the last two Little Mac Amiibo's at my local game store. Iv read from various other forums that most stores only got 3-4 for the second wave so I'm assuming that for the second wave, little mac and pit will be rare since they're most obscure then the rest. Heres to hoping!  :)

Little Mac is already out?  I'm seeing 12/14 on the Gamestop website for him.  And it seems like my local store doesn't even have any on their tracking list of shipped goods, which means they aren't getting them out any time soon.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 04:15:51 pm by kamikazekeeg »

soera

« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2014, 04:15:16 pm »
I got Mac and Zelda about an hour ago myself.

« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2014, 04:16:40 pm »

What store did you grab them from?

soera

« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2014, 04:26:21 pm »
Toys R Us. The Nintendo rep was there when I was there. Her and I talked about Pit and some of the other upcoming figures. She said that there is going to be another part of the wave in about 2 weeks.

devancowan

« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2014, 04:45:21 pm »

What store did you grab them from?

I had check amazon on monday and it said they were released on the 12th. Just so happened to be in Ebgames today and seen them? I asked the store manager and he said they had came out yesterday so I was super confused?

« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2014, 05:32:56 pm »
What seems to be happening, since there is no release date for anything, stores are just releasing their figures as they stock them.  No store had them out in my area, and had conflicting release ideas.  The only reasonable place I could find that might have some, is my local Target.  They actually had hanging space and tags up for the second wave of figures, though the woman at the counter didn't know if they had them, she  said they are likely to be stocked tomorrow, so I'm running out tomorrow morning to see if they have any.

I think this second wave of figures is just going to be a mess because Nintendo messed it up somehow.  The third wave of figures might be fine cause it's likely two months out, but I think people are gonna be lucky to get them unless they pre-ordered online for the second wave.