Author Topic: amiibo  (Read 48043 times)

devancowan

Re: amiibo
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2014, 07:23:05 pm »
What seems to be happening, since there is no release date for anything, stores are just releasing their figures as they stock them.  No store had them out in my area, and had conflicting release ideas.  The only reasonable place I could find that might have some, is my local Target.  They actually had hanging space and tags up for the second wave of figures, though the woman at the counter didn't know if they had them, she  said they are likely to be stocked tomorrow, so I'm running out tomorrow morning to see if they have any.

I think this second wave of figures is just going to be a mess because Nintendo messed it up somehow.  The third wave of figures might be fine cause it's likely two months out, but I think people are gonna be lucky to get them unless they pre-ordered online for the second wave.

Your right. I don't get how retailers can release something on the 10th if its only supposed to be release on the 12th? Doesn't make sense to me

« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2014, 07:25:02 pm »
wife bought me star fox, donkey kong and kirby today

jcalder8

« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2014, 02:13:24 pm »
My store got:
2 Diddy Kong
3 Little Mac
6 Zelda

bobster

« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2014, 03:43:11 pm »
Blargh I just spent the last 2 hours running around trying to find a Diddy Kong. No luck! I'm the worst at this collecting thing lol.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2014, 04:21:13 pm »
A shame Target didn't have the new amiibo's in, so right now, I have no clue when I can get them.  I'm figuring I'll check next week unless I hear otherwise.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2014, 04:43:00 pm »
Damn it.  I'm sucked in.  I'm getting all three new abobos today.  I would have been out on another $100 binge, but they are only releasing 3 this week.  So, I can grab that for the price of taking the family out to dinner.  Well played Nintendo.  Well played.

devancowan

« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2014, 06:51:16 pm »
Damn it.  I'm sucked in.  I'm getting all three new abobos today.  I would have been out on another $100 binge, but they are only releasing 3 this week.  So, I can grab that for the price of taking the family out to dinner.  Well played Nintendo.  Well played.

I don't even have a WiiU am I'm sucked in too...

« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2014, 10:18:47 pm »

I don't even have a WiiU am I'm sucked in too...

That's getting pretty bad when you can't even use their features lol I mean, they are cool figurines, not 13 bucks good, but still cool.

Also I apparently missed a call from Gamestop that said I had something in today.  Being that no new games released today, I assume it's my Zelda and Little Mac figure I pre-ordered and suddenly coming in today.  Going out in the morning to see.

« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2014, 02:03:55 am »
picked up a zelda and little mac at target today, and a diddy kong at meijer. toys r us apparently broke the street date on wave two as well, but i think the other three (luigi, etc.) won't be available til later?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 02:05:31 am by wvdoom »

« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2014, 11:36:52 am »
Yeah it seems like the 2nd wave will release in two parts.  Only saw Zelda, Little Mac, and Diddy Kong around.

« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2014, 12:35:44 pm »
Well poo

Target posted the Rosalina preorders on their website, and guess what? It's sold out already, like as of 9am (Mountain) this morning! This is ridiculous.

« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2014, 01:32:16 pm »
More confirmation that the second batch of the 2nd wave will be out probably next week due to shipping delays.

http://www.destructoid.com/amiibo-wave-2-split-at-many-retailers-zelda-little-mac-and-diddy-kong-available-this-weekend-284957.phtml

devancowan

« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2014, 06:11:52 pm »
Yeah it seems like the 2nd wave will release in two parts.  Only saw Zelda, Little Mac, and Diddy Kong around.

Yes the others in the second wave won't be release until December 31st i believe

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2014, 07:20:07 pm »
My Current list

Currently Have
Link (DeityLink)
Samus (Sam)
Yoshi (yosh)
Mario ('Murica)
Zelda
Captain Falcon
Little Mac

pre-ordered
Pit (shipped?)
Ike
Sonic
Shulk
Mega Man
Sheik
Toon Link

Status unknown
Marth
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 09:09:04 pm by redblaze57 »

« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2014, 09:56:13 pm »
Only thing I have left pre-ordered is Shulk.  Seems to be the only one of the bunch I'm likely to get out of the retailer exclusives.   Out of the third wave, I'm wanting Sheik, Toon Link, Mega Man, Sonic, and probably Ike.  Any others I'll just grab when I can as I still need to get Samus, Mario, and Fox, from the first wave.