Author Topic: amiibo  (Read 48060 times)

soera

Re: amiibo
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2014, 02:34:23 am »
Mine just got canceled. Oh well, not a priority on my list. Actually Shulk is the only exclusive I really want and GS probably wont cancel mine as I did it weeks ago.

« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2014, 02:55:52 am »
Mine just got canceled. Oh well, not a priority on my list. Actually Shulk is the only exclusive I really want and GS probably wont cancel mine as I did it weeks ago.

Yep, mine got cancelled too :/.

Thank goodness I have two Rosalina's preordered (keeping fingers crossed this don't get cancelled as well), because one of them is up for trade if I'm unable to get Lucario preordered between now and when it is released.

I have officially decided that I'm not longer going for a full set. Nintendo of America really screwed up with the Amiibo launch and I'm tired of having to call places daily and refresh store websites that are getting exclusives hourly in order to even have a chance at getting one (only to have my preorder cancelled. . .). This is total bullshit and it's not what I thought I'd have to go through when I first decided I wanted these. I will preorder online through amazon when they are announced, and other than Lucina and Zero Suit Samus, I will not be committing myself beyond that to find any of these. I'm done Nintendo, thanks for fucking this up for me and everyone else. . .

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2014, 05:12:33 am »
Amiibos have turned into nerdy Beenie Babies. I'm getting the ones I want. I'm out on getting a full set.

argyle

« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2014, 08:51:17 am »
I just came here to post that Lucario is up for preorder again at TRU:  http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=54369136&skuid=20213890

....but now I see some ppl are getting theirs canceled. Weird. I put down a preorder anyway, we'll see what happens.  :-\
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #109 on: December 19, 2014, 09:41:07 am »
I just came here to post that Lucario is up for preorder again at TRU:  http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=54369136&skuid=20213890

....but now I see some ppl are getting theirs canceled. Weird. I put down a preorder anyway, we'll see what happens.  :-\

What the hell? I tried the link and nothing is coming up. I then just tried searching "Lucario" and "Lucario Amiibo" on Toys R Us's site and the product is not coming up? This all seems very suspicious, I wonder what the hell they are planning.

bobster

« Reply #110 on: December 19, 2014, 10:12:20 am »
Yup Toys r us cancelled my Pit, Ike, and Amiibo #11 (whatever the hell that is) pre-orders. I'm guessing that's probably the Lucario I pre-orded but I'll have to look through my order receipts.

Pretty angry at this whole situation.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

soera

« Reply #111 on: December 19, 2014, 10:25:02 am »
11 is indeed Lucario. They are canceling all pre-orders cause they are limiting the amount to 1, taking them off the b1g1 40% off, and other things.

Sad thing is my pre-order qualified for nothing they are canceling them for and they tossed mine as well.

Im jumping on the "fuck Amiibo" boat. Ill get the ones I want and not even look at the rest now. Not sure what is in NOA's head but man, what a way to screw over the entire gaming community who is interested in these things. As long as Gamestop doesnt cancel my pre-orders, Ill be fine.

abe

« Reply #112 on: December 19, 2014, 10:51:30 am »
I got a message from Amazon saying they can't find some of the Amiibos I've ordered. Looks like I'll have to find another way to get Ike, Mega Man, and probably Captain Falcon too. This is getting to be a huge pain in the ass. >:(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

heavengeance

« Reply #113 on: December 19, 2014, 12:31:42 pm »
My Lucario also didn't have any promotions applied besides the standard free shipping on preorders.

I hope I don't end up with a similar emails from Amazon. I've already been fearing the possibility since Zelda & Little Mac.

I think most of these amiibos sales are being made in fear of discontinuation after the initial shipment. It's hard to believe there won't be more printed. I think it's best to just wait out the storm of scalpers for those that you miss, and hope for the best in a reprint. Nintendo has to come up and say something about the issue and calm the hysteria.

argyle

« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2014, 02:19:24 pm »
Just read this over at Joystiq:

Numerous Toys R Us customers received emails from the retailer this morning, seemingly canceling their pre-orders for the Lucario amiibo figure. As a Toys R Us spokesperson told Joystiq in a phone conversation today, the emails were part of a "technical issue," and pre-orders for the figure will not be canceled.

Full story: http://www.joystiq.com/2014/12/19/toys-r-us-lucario-amiibo-pre-orders-not-being-canceled/
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

bobster

« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2014, 02:22:55 pm »

Numerous Toys R Us customers received emails from the retailer this morning, seemingly canceling their pre-orders for the Lucario amiibo figure. As a Toys R Us spokesperson told Joystiq in a phone conversation today, the emails were part of a "technical issue," and pre-orders for the figure will not be canceled.

Full story: http://www.joystiq.com/2014/12/19/toys-r-us-lucario-amiibo-pre-orders-not-being-canceled/
Welp that sounds promising.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2014, 02:47:42 pm »

dafuq is going on?!

I just preordered another Lucario through Toy's R Us's Ebay store and now my original preorder might not be cancelled? I'm possibly going to end up with 20 of these damn things, or none in the end :p

Someone from Toys R, Us, better yet Nintendo, needs to step up and let everyone know what is going on clear as day. The angry mob is growing and I'm definitely a part of it at this point.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2014, 05:44:55 pm »
Eff the abobos. I'm done. People are pissing me off with the scalping. I wanted to get all of them, but it's too big of a pain in the ass. I wish I hadn't gotten caught up in the initial craze. I'm a little ashamed.  What do I have to show for it?  A Wii Fit Trainer.

The good news is, none of the ones I want are exclusives or rare. I'll get Luigi, Pit, Bowser, Toon Link, Mega Man, Pac-man, Ike, and I preordered Shulk. This is out of control.

devancowan

« Reply #118 on: December 19, 2014, 07:20:21 pm »
Im done with amiibos until they start to actually work for the 3ds since I don't have a WiiU. I only have little Mac but before I stop I need to get my hands on Rosalina!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:59:07 pm by devancowan »

« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2014, 11:57:37 pm »
so in bestbuy i was told they put meta knight out by mistake and sold 2 before they realized. (sadly i was not one of them)