Author Topic: Amiibo Wanted/Trade Thread  (Read 12801 times)

Re: Amiibo Wanted/Trade Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2014, 11:35:57 pm »
I mean, I don't expect to get through this without a white whale or two, just... ANYTHING but Diddy Kong
Bayleef Forever.

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2014, 02:53:45 am »
Went to my local Toys R Us tonight and they had a bunch of Diddy Kong, Zelda and Little Mac Amiibos. I believe Pit, Captain Falco and Luigi will be part of a second wave to come out some other time before the end of the month, but will be checking in daily at Toys R Us until they do. This seems to also be the case because there are currently no US/Canada sellers on Ebay that actually have Pit, Falcon, or Luigi physically in their possession, and the only sellers that do are international (Japan, Australia).

soera

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2014, 01:58:58 pm »
I got a notice on my Meta Knight pre-order that it will be shipping 12-31. Not sure if thats just a placeholder date or not. Lucario pre-order date on my notice says 02-01-15 as well.

I have been pretty unsuccessful in getting a pre-order in for Rosalina.

bobster

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2014, 02:55:22 pm »
It seems like the Rosalina Amiibos sold out pretty quick. Has anyone even seen the preorders come back up?
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2014, 09:54:01 pm »
It seems like the Rosalina Amiibos sold out pretty quick. Has anyone even seen the preorders come back up?

It only says Sold Out Online but Rosalina has not yet gone up for sale, much to the confusion of everyone. If I see it get available the first thing I'll do is post about it. No idea why it doesn't just say "unavailable at this time" or something but no one's put any orders in yet.
Bayleef Forever.

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2014, 02:36:28 am »
I hope Rosalina becomes available for pre-order soon. I have 2 of each Amiibo in the third wave one pre-order (Except for Meta Knight and Shulk, with whom I have 3 of each). I missed Lucario.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 02:42:36 am by saviourgundam »

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2014, 03:43:46 am »
One thing I wish to bring to the thread (for those keeping track of ROSALINA AND LUMA):

While Rosalina remains in a state of limbo, several posts on ebay have popped up claiming to be for the Rosalina amiibo
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xrosalina+amiibo&_nkw=rosalina+amiibo&_sacat=0

While some are hiding the fact that their listings are for the Japanese version in the descriptions, others seem to be vague, or explicitly state that it is in fact the US version. I'm thinking two possibilities:

1. Rosalina sold out faster than anyone was able to notice, perhaps under an hour (unlikely).
2. These sellers are anticipating being freely able to preorder it once it goes live to fulfill their orders, and their buyers will be stuck with no-returns purchases, having paid far more than they should have.

These posts seem to be relying on the fog covering this situation, as nearly all claim that it sold out immediately. While that's possible, and what the Target employee said on FaceBook was not misinformed, I have a hard time believing that it would sell out quite so fast, when even Lucario managed to hang around for nearly a month. Considering how strongly these sellers are pushing their no-return/cancelation policy, I'm led to believe that option 2 is the situation.

In any case, don't fall for those posts and keep your eyes on the target listing. I'd hate for this to be the gaping hole in my collection.
http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-amiibo-rosalina-luma-tgt-ex/-/A-16811585#prodSlot=medium_1_23&term=amiibo
Bayleef Forever.

bobster

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2014, 09:07:11 am »

It only says Sold Out Online but Rosalina has not yet gone up for sale, much to the confusion of everyone. If I see it get available the first thing I'll do is post about it. No idea why it doesn't just say "unavailable at this time" or something but no one's put any orders in yet.
Oh thanks for the clarification. I wasn't aware of that situation. Thanks!

soera

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2014, 09:12:19 am »
People are freaking out about Rosalina everywhere for some reason. My guess is that Target is just waiting to put out the actual pre-order option til later. Shulk, Meta Knight, and Lucario were pretty easy to pre-order, there isnt any indication that Rosalina is going to be any different when the time comes.

bobster

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2014, 09:13:28 am »
People are freaking out about Rosalina everywhere for some reason. My guess is that Target is just waiting to put out the actual pre-order option til later. Shulk, Meta Knight, and Lucario were pretty easy to pre-order, there isnt any indication that Rosalina is going to be any different when the time comes.
It's definitely hopeful since the Target listing now says "Pre-order now" instead of out of stock even if the button is grayed out.

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2014, 01:18:37 pm »
Yeah, I noticed that this morning. Looks like we're getting close folks!
Bayleef Forever.

abe

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2014, 03:25:32 pm »
Important notice for the fellow Canadian VGCollectors:
The Shulk Amiibo is now up for preorder on EB Games' website!
Get 'em while you can. I'm not sure how long will last for or how long it's already been up for.

*Edit: Sold out for now. :(
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 09:26:34 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

jcalder8

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2014, 11:10:17 pm »
Important notice for the fellow Canadian VGCollectors:
The Shulk Amiibo is now up for preorder on EB Games' website!
Get 'em while you can. I'm not sure how long will last for or how long it's already been up for.

*Edit: Sold out for now. :(
Thanks for sharing! I'm keeping an eye on it now.

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2014, 05:50:24 am »
Bayleef Forever.

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2014, 05:56:48 am »
FOR THOSE WHO MISSED LUCARIO:

According to the following:
http://www.amiiboinquirer.com/2014/12/16/amiibo-pre-order-cards-available-at-toys-r-us-lucario-included/

Lucario may still be available through an in-store reservation system. If you're bummed out you didn't get it, here's your chance!
Bayleef Forever.