Author Topic: Amiibo Wanted/Trade Thread  (Read 12800 times)

bobster

Re: Amiibo Wanted/Trade Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2014, 09:48:08 am »
Not sure if I missed something, but the Rosalina site still isn't allowing pre-orders. Maybe they sold out already? Still grayed out like yesterday.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2014, 10:17:37 am »
Not sure if I missed something, but the Rosalina site still isn't allowing pre-orders. Maybe they sold out already? Still grayed out like yesterday.

Looks like it was live for about 45 minutes. Not sure if the system was overloaded with orders or someone jumped the gun. I seriously doubt that they sold out so fast, and I'm wondering about the legitimacy of my order...

In any case, the watching game continues. Sorry to get all excited. I'm amazed I was there for that tiny window at all considering it was 3am. Will reply when I see an update.
Bayleef Forever.

bobster

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2014, 10:18:53 am »

Looks like it was live for about 45 minutes. Not sure if the system was overloaded with orders or someone jumped the gun. I seriously doubt that they sold out so fast, and I'm wondering about the legitimacy of my order...

In any case, the watching game continues. Sorry to get all excited. I'm amazed I was there for that tiny window at all considering it was 3am. Will reply when I see an update.
That's crazy! I'm glad you may have gotten an order in at least. We'll see if they honor it.

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2014, 10:25:55 am »

That's crazy! I'm glad you may have gotten an order in at least. We'll see if they honor it.

Yeah it is, and while I totally thought that this was going to finally give me peace of mind (the last amiibo I have to preorder) I have a new reason for it to keep me up at night worrying. Though I can't see any reason it'll get cancelled besides supreme dicketry.

I have a sneaking suspicion they're going to be be saving some for their shelves even after preorders are gone, like what toys r us is doing with Lucario. You could probably go in the morning of release and find them.
Bayleef Forever.

bobster

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2014, 10:31:17 am »

Yeah it is, and while I totally thought that this was going to finally give me peace of mind (the last amiibo I have to preorder) I have a new reason for it to keep me up at night worrying. Though I can't see any reason it'll get cancelled besides supreme dicketry.

I have a sneaking suspicion they're going to be be saving some for their shelves even after preorders are gone, like what toys r us is doing with Lucario. You could probably go in the morning of release and find them.
I found my Diddy Kong pretty easily at Target so you're probably right about them doing that with Rosalina. It's nice of them, but also sucks for us who like to not leave the house  :P.

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2014, 10:35:44 am »
Here's the source on this all by the way:
http://www.amiiboinquirer.com/2014/12/17/rosalina-luma-is-in-stock-at-target/

Digging around I think it might be possible that they pulled her to evaluate their policy on selling her. People on reddit claimed to get in high number orders (15+) before the link went cold, which I could see forcing them to put in a x-per-customer limit. Asshats.
Bayleef Forever.

soera

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2014, 11:42:06 am »
Yeah, still not working for me.

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2014, 05:53:21 pm »
My GF preordered Rosalina last night while she was working. Thank goodness she is a nigh owl or else I would have slipped on getting one.

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2014, 06:18:51 pm »
Yeah from my experience and others any preorders made feel like miracles. But again, I'm pretty sure there'll be more. Just a strange hiccup for now.
Bayleef Forever.

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2014, 10:07:12 pm »
Target will have preorders for Rosalina up again sometime soon, official confirmation:
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/243897-target-says-consumers-will-have-another-chance-to-preorder-the-rosalina-and-luma-amiibo
Bayleef Forever.

heavengeance

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2014, 02:13:25 am »
Target is still being as vague as ever, but at least more reassuring than Toys R Us at the moment.

My Lucario & all my Wave 3 preorders got cancelled. Good thing I didn't cancel any of my Amazon preorders, still going to have to track down King Dedede day one though. And hopefully they let me preorder Lucario in-store tomorrow. 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 02:15:04 am by heavengeance »

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2014, 03:20:10 am »
Target is still being as vague as ever, but at least more reassuring than Toys R Us at the moment.

My Lucario & all my Wave 3 preorders got cancelled. Good thing I didn't cancel any of my Amazon preorders, still going to have to track down King Dedede day one though. And hopefully they let me preorder Lucario in-store tomorrow.

Same here, absolutely furious. And I can't preorder in-store because I'm moving across the country a few days before the release >:(

Gonna call them tomorrow and see what's happening. It's reassuring to know I'm not alone, wonder if there was some major glitch that affected a lot of people.

Also, Gamestop is still accepting King Dedede preorders:
http://www.gamestop.com/toys/king-dedede-amiibo-figure/118957
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 03:21:59 am by nova1977 »
Bayleef Forever.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 03:31:42 am by nova1977 »
Bayleef Forever.

heavengeance

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2014, 03:52:18 am »
Ahh too late, I forgot about GameStop, might just do that instore as well tomorrow. Before anyone replied I got one a Wal-Mart, oh well hopefully I can cancel.

Yeah that seems to be the case. Someone hit the cancel all preorder button, since almost no one seems to still have a preorder at Toys R Us at the moment from what I'm reading. Even some Disney Infinite preorders were cancelled. So I doubt it's a amiibo specific issue. Hopefully tomorrow morning this will all have passed like a bad dream and they reinstate the preorders.

However since preorders don't really meaning anything, I got both Rosalina & Lucario on Amazon Germany. My safeguard if nothing goes my way.

Edit: Switched it to Amazon France, 10 Euros cheaper on shipping.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 03:58:48 am by heavengeance »

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2014, 03:59:59 am »
Did you have to make an Amazon.fr account to do that? Or will US accounts play nice?

EDIT: nevermind, figured it out.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 04:03:54 am by nova1977 »
Bayleef Forever.