Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514297 times)

tripredacus

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1440 on: July 23, 2014, 11:01:58 am »
I did not know this and I'm glad you mentioned it.  I'm not a fan of digital DLC only either.  This will certainly influence my decision on the Sims 4.

Yeah do some research on it. I'm not on the hype train for Sims 4, as I'm content with what I have in queue already. I have seen people complain that pools are in DLC and not in basegame. Of course, Maxis may even change things before it comes out. Who knows

BBowles

« Reply #1441 on: July 23, 2014, 07:11:31 pm »
I'm extremely indecisive when it comes to playing my games, and I have a huge backlog...so I've had to "schedule" myself to play certain systems on certain days just to get started working through my games lol.

Tuesdays are PS2 days, so....I'm starting Dark Cloud today :)

BBowles, this actually sounds like a good interesting idea.  I'm going to look into it for my self.  Thanks for the idea  :)

No problem! I don't necessarily play only those games on those days, but when I find myself in a rut not knowing what I want to play, I'll break it out and force myself to play whatever is on the list.

For instance, today is designated for original Xbox games (with Morrowind the game on deck)...but I'm busy playing the Destiny Beta instead.

abe

« Reply #1442 on: July 24, 2014, 06:27:06 pm »
I felt like starting a new handheld game, so I started Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 for the DS. It's not too bad. A bit simple, but enjoyable. The graphics are decent for a DS game too. Other than that I'm still playing the HD version of Tales of Symphonia on my PS3. Almost finished now and it keeps getting better, even towards the end.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

90snostalga

« Reply #1443 on: July 24, 2014, 09:20:22 pm »
I did not know this and I'm glad you mentioned it.  I'm not a fan of digital DLC only either.  This will certainly influence my decision on the Sims 4.

Yeah do some research on it. I'm not on the hype train for Sims 4, as I'm content with what I have in queue already. I have seen people complain that pools are in DLC and not in basegame. Of course, Maxis may even change things before it comes out. Who knows

I will.  Post any updates if you find any about it.

« Reply #1444 on: July 24, 2014, 09:25:54 pm »
I've been playing Sonic & AllStars Racing Transformed. Past a certain point, the game honestly gets pretty difficult, and progress to unlock the last couple of characters has been slow. That kind of difficulty is actually pretty refreshing to see.

Lots of cool tracks, vehicles, and modes. Feels like a huge upgrade over the original game.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 10:13:51 pm by sibbs »

90snostalga

« Reply #1445 on: July 24, 2014, 09:42:59 pm »
I'm going to have to add Smash Bros. for the N64 to my list and unlock every character, etc.  I've got to rotate it between Resident Evil 3. 

pacpix

« Reply #1446 on: July 24, 2014, 09:53:46 pm »
I'm going to have to add Smash Bros. for the N64 to my list and unlock every character, etc.  I've got to rotate it between Resident Evil 3.
If I remember correctly unlocking everything on the first Smash Bros being pretty easy, except for Link's break the targets level.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

scott

« Reply #1447 on: July 24, 2014, 11:27:53 pm »

I'm pretty much done with any new versions of the Sims. I'll stick with Sims 2, it's pretty much perfect. I can play that game, and have, for years and years.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

maximo310

« Reply #1448 on: July 25, 2014, 05:43:50 am »
Mostly testing out much of my console games,almost finished shovel knight and going through and unlocking stuff in super smash bros melee. I'm also doing most of the missions in bangai-o spirits for my handhelds when I'm stuck and away from the house.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1449 on: July 26, 2014, 02:23:36 am »
Final Fantasy 1 for the first time. On gba.

bobster

« Reply #1450 on: July 26, 2014, 07:52:15 am »
I played it not too long ago on PSP. Pretty enjoyable. Have fun!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1451 on: July 27, 2014, 02:47:00 am »

Heh... Just looked at my psp collection and realized I have it for that and it's the better version. :P

Argh!

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1452 on: July 27, 2014, 06:57:24 pm »
Since I now have a Genesis, courtesy and thanks to blipcs76, I tried out Sword Of Vermilion.  Pretty difficult adjusting to pressing the A button three times to either investigate or talk.  Great game overall, just has some inconveniences.

Also, as for the Genesis...  As far as playing RPGs, I'd probably enjoy the isometric styles better considering the control layouts and all that.  Definitely enjoyed action-adventure games on the system, considering what I collected and wish for on my lists.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

bobster

« Reply #1453 on: July 27, 2014, 09:03:35 pm »

Heh... Just looked at my psp collection and realized I have it for that and it's the better version. :P

Argh!
/comfort.

It's always hard trying to pick out which version is best to play lol.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

scott

« Reply #1454 on: July 27, 2014, 11:01:57 pm »
Unless it's Persona 3... then you're best off playing P3 FES. Cause the PSP version changed the daytime stuff into point and click adventure garbage.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread