Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 505125 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #4005 on: February 03, 2019, 01:45:59 am »
Gone back to an old save file for Persona on PSP.

Now I remember why I put it down for a full year.

Although it does a lot of things well and in novel ways (in regards to its original 1996 release), it has too little narrative and too much dungeon slogging and random battles. This is tiresome.

I’ve also been playing Leap of Fate on PS4. This is a really fun twin-stick rogue-lite. Fast paced but also the sort of game you can pick up, play for 60 min, put down, and feel like it was gaming time well spent.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 01:52:03 am by bunnybear »
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

telly

« Reply #4006 on: February 27, 2019, 10:39:23 am »
Finished Undertale last week. Starting up Shantae Risky's Revenge next. I'm also in fall year 2 on Stardew Valley and am very close to getting that Platinum trophy for FFX
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #4007 on: February 27, 2019, 11:04:25 pm »
Picked up Mass Effect: Andromeda on a real deep sale, figured I could maybe get something out of the game for 12 bucks and so far it's alright.  Once you get past the fact that everyone is an emotionless puppet, the game is a competent third person shooter.  Just got through the first planet after the tutorial section and might casually keep on with it.  It's not drawing me enough for long sessions, but I think popping into a planet here and there might do me alright.

PaleManInBlack

« Reply #4008 on: March 01, 2019, 09:55:00 pm »
I decided to do a Resident Evil marathon in no particular order. I started with the RE2 Remake, then moved onto Revelations 1 and 2, before going through 5 in co-op and I'm currently playing through the original remake on Steam. I think the RE2 Remake gave me a mighty hankering for Resident Evil.

« Reply #4009 on: March 01, 2019, 10:30:07 pm »
Going through the Division 2 Open Beta and it's alright.  I think the gameplay is and general feel of the game is good, but what would probably keep me from playing the game beyond just it's story stuff is that the kinda the whole setting is kinda bland.  Enemies are just generic dudes, weapons are all just normal weapons, the setting is just a basic virus setting.  Like I know people are tired of zombies or mutants, but I feel like if the setting had other enemy types to mix things up, it would make the game more varied and interesting.  I'll at least play out the few days of the Beta.

telly

« Reply #4010 on: March 02, 2019, 11:57:41 pm »
Just got the platinum on FFX! After about 88 hours :)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

mark1982

« Reply #4011 on: March 03, 2019, 09:38:35 am »
Currently enjoying Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom on the Switch. Really loving this game, a great throwback to the classic.

l    l 

kashell

« Reply #4012 on: March 03, 2019, 12:29:00 pm »
I'm going through Chrono Cross again. It's been many years. It's still a great game.

Just got the platinum on FFX! After about 88 hours :)

Congratulations on the platinum!

« Reply #4013 on: March 04, 2019, 04:15:28 pm »
Got a few levels deep into Mega Man 11 and I'm just not really enjoying myself.  The whole time I mostly just wish I was playing something Mega Man X related and I'm not super keen on some of the level design.  Not too mention some of the checkpoints are kinda annoyingly placed, so you feel like you've made it pretty far, just to make a slip up and you are back at the beginning.  It's not a bad game at all, I beat a few levels, but just sorta feels like I'm not having as much fun as I should.

shfan

« Reply #4014 on: March 05, 2019, 09:21:45 am »
Restarted Bloodborne, which is rather stupid since I don't have masses of time and want to have a chance at beating the 52 game challenge this year (and was ahead of the game). Sod it. Been daydreaming about Yharnam for months.

« Reply #4015 on: March 05, 2019, 05:11:50 pm »
I am currently playing through the remastered Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection on Crushing difficulty  8)

kashell

« Reply #4016 on: March 11, 2019, 08:02:54 am »
Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn is extra cute and fluffy.

soera

« Reply #4017 on: March 11, 2019, 08:50:12 am »
Recenly beat Fox N Forests and started Sundered. Its a really unique Metroid style of game. Im enjoying it a lot.

telly

« Reply #4018 on: March 11, 2019, 10:23:58 am »
I booted up Cosmic Star Heroine but decided to wait until I can devote my full attention to it. So I'm just playing Risky's Revenge right now
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

« Reply #4019 on: March 12, 2019, 04:23:19 am »
Finally got some time in Devil May Cry V and it's pretty fun.  Can't say I'm good with the combo's at all, but the devil breakers are neat things.  Don't particularly like playing as V though.  He's not bad, but because you aren't attacking as him, I just feel disconnected from the combat and it's mostly just me spamming Triangle and Square to make the pets go wild and then bring Nightmare in when there's a lot or something tough.  Luckily it looks like there are points where I can choose to be Nero or V and I like being able to go with Nero.  Hopefully I don't have to play too much more as V as he's just not super fun.  Love this games style though, it's so ridiculous and an absolute blast.