Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 513510 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #4050 on: April 15, 2019, 08:36:10 am »
Took a while but I finally got the platinum on Sekiro.  That last trophy was a slog.  Had trouble deciding what to start up next.

I popped Far Cry New Dawn in my X1 and Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise in my PS4 thinking whichever was ready first I'd just play, but my X1 complained about hdd space, so I went and uninstalled a bunch of games so it would install, noticed that both games were still pretty far off from being done.  Decided to look through what X1 games I had installed since I was in there anyway.  I had just watched a couple of WWF/E PPVs the other day because I was bored and decided I'd play WWE 2k16 since it was free with gold at some point.  So that's what I'm playing now.

kashell

« Reply #4051 on: April 15, 2019, 09:39:55 am »
I decided to try Nostalgia for the Nintendo DS. It's very basic, but there is a lot of charm. I feel like I would appreciate it more if I haven't played so many other RPGs like it.

Still, I'm excited to continue. I like that it takes place in a semi-steampunk version of our world. More importantly, I like that the characters within it are so endearing.

telly

« Reply #4052 on: April 15, 2019, 09:41:35 am »
I decided to shelve Shenmue as I was really excited to play Spelunky. It's one of my favorite games and while I suck at it, I can tell I'm already getting better :)

Definitely some bullshit already though. I had two instances last night out of 18 runs where the shopkeepers got mad at me while I was doing absolutely nothing.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #4053 on: April 15, 2019, 10:42:48 am »
I started The Evil Within.  More gruesome than actually scary... like the Saw of video games.  I’d be morgiving if the controls were a bit tighter.

« Reply #4054 on: April 16, 2019, 05:44:16 am »
Decided to give State of Decay 2 on PC another shot.   It was such a disappointment last year, even with how low my expectations were, but after a year of updating and patching, they at least took the game from being on the verge of unplayable, to being an alright game, that really only cements it as a very underwhelming sequel. 

I did put a good few hours into my new game run tonight, because it's the type of game you can put a stream or podcast on with, and get a better experience that way.  It's mostly just a resource management game, so no real need to focus on it too hard and I think that's how I'll get through this game as otherwise it's such a weak survival game.  Maybe State of Decay 3 will be the ACTUAL sequel, with needed features like instant follower switching, more interesting survival elements, and far better building/community features, but otherwise I'd recommend against getting the game unless it's dumb cheap or you just want like a totally average zombie game to pass the time with.

ferraroso

« Reply #4055 on: April 16, 2019, 10:31:10 am »
Just started playing Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom and man... how beautiful is that game!
I simply love Wonder Boy since the time I didn't even know it was called Wonder Boy as I was a huge fan of Turma da Mônica series of video games on the Master System and the Mega Drive (which actually were nothing more than a room hacks published officially by Tectoy).
The remake/HD remaster of Dragon's Trap was already wonderful and this new game is an amazing homage/retake on the whole series. Everybody should give it a try!

shfan

« Reply #4056 on: April 16, 2019, 10:59:43 am »
Just started a fresh playthrough of Resident Evil Revelations 2, on the difficulty level after normal, surprised since it's not been too challenging at all - perhaps I'm jumping the gun, or maybe playing Bloodborne and Dark Souls so much has toughened my resolve some.

The more I play RE 4+ the more appreciation I have for them, they're not survival horror games (RE2 remake and RE7 aside), but they're bloody well engineered games with a good sense of progression and exploration and they effortlessly just get on with things where so many action adventure/third-person shooters get boring at some point.

kashell

« Reply #4057 on: April 16, 2019, 03:45:40 pm »
I started a file in Shining Force Neo. The voice acting is terrible, but other than that I'm having a pretty good time. I'm not sure if I'll complete it yet since there are some other things I want to start. But, for now it's providing me with a good time. Fans of Diablo will enjoy it.

I still think I prefer EXA. That game I played for hours on end.

« Reply #4058 on: April 23, 2019, 04:17:10 pm »
I started Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition this weekend.  I forgot just how much I love these old isometric RPGs.  It took about an hour to really get into it, but once I was there?  Hooboy!

« Reply #4059 on: April 23, 2019, 04:25:05 pm »
Juggling Flinthook, Mages of Mystralia, and Far Cry: New Dawn.  Will probably abandon Flinthook as it's just too rogue for me.  Thinking about Mortal Kombat XL after Far Cry to brush up on the story before I go rent MK11.

mark1982

« Reply #4060 on: April 24, 2019, 03:27:26 am »

Chrono Cross, yet again... Love this game.

I have relatives staying at my place so I don't have any time during the day to play anything. But in the evenings before I sleep I get a few hours in on my Handhelds and decided to play Chrono Cross on my VITA. I just love the intro music, so many feels. ;D

And of course the best character  :P

« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 03:49:46 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

mark1982

« Reply #4061 on: April 24, 2019, 03:34:06 am »
Just started playing Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom and man... how beautiful is that game!
I simply love Wonder Boy since the time I didn't even know it was called Wonder Boy as I was a huge fan of Turma da Mônica series of video games on the Master System and the Mega Drive (which actually were nothing more than a room hacks published officially by Tectoy).
The remake/HD remaster of Dragon's Trap was already wonderful and this new game is an amazing homage/retake on the whole series. Everybody should give it a try!

Definitely agree, the new Monster / Wonder Boy games are brilliant. Some of the puzzles in the Cursed Kingdom were done really well. Fantastic games, and agreed again, everyone should try it. ;D
  l    l 

kashell

« Reply #4062 on: April 24, 2019, 07:59:10 am »
Chrono Cross is quite lovely. I went through it again last month.

Sadly, I forgot that Level 3 Techs don't carry over. That means all that work I did for Razzly's last skill was nothing.

mizzach86

« Reply #4063 on: April 24, 2019, 10:47:25 pm »
Downloaded Mortal Kombat 11 on PS4 yesterday. I haven't had a lot of time to play it, but I'm really enjoying it even with the little time I've spent so far.

« Reply #4064 on: April 24, 2019, 10:54:22 pm »
Also going through MK11.  Mostly just done tutorials and the Krypt with some casual time towers.  The system in place for currency and resources is pretty disheartening, even with them adjusting and soon patching things.  It's just a very mobile-like setup and makes for a grind that can feel rough rather than rewarding at times.  That aside, it's a pretty cool game.  Visually damn impressive, very cinematic, gameplay is cool even if I'm a big noob (GET IT) at the game.  More use to Street Fighter type gameplay.