Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 512434 times)

telly

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #4215 on: February 04, 2020, 10:08:01 am »
I'm about 50 hours into Tales of Berseria, can feel the end getting close!

Not sure what I'll play after it.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #4216 on: February 04, 2020, 10:25:14 am »
I'm about 50 hours into Tales of Berseria, can feel the end getting close!

Not sure what I'll play after it.

O.o

o.O

You're playing my favorite game of the last decade and haven't been keeping me updated every five minutes?!

Jokes aside, hope you're having fun. It's a heavy game (content and story) but it's such a blast.

« Reply #4217 on: February 05, 2020, 10:08:58 am »
My Xbox Game Pass expires next week, so the gf and I have been powering through the Gears games as fast as we can.  We played 2 a couple of years ago, so we have hit up 1, 3, and are about 1/3 of the way through 4.  They’re big dumb testosterone fests, but they are fun to play.

There’s a bit of a turn for the serious in 4, but it’s not so drastic as God of War was with its reboot.  It is the first time I’ve given a semblance of a crap about the plot though.

kashell

« Reply #4218 on: February 06, 2020, 08:09:22 am »
Finally getting around to The Evil Within 2. I'm still in chapter 3. Cool game, but I'm starting to worry that it's going for an open world concept. Hopefully the later chapters are more condensed.

shfan

« Reply #4219 on: February 06, 2020, 02:18:02 pm »
Evil Within 2 does sort of expand and contract Kashell, but there's set pieces which resemble the original more to help keep it more cohesive, it's a great game IMHO.

At the minute I'm playing Mount & Blade: Warband on the PS4, again, this one's a surprise go-to game for this console generation, almost replayed it as much as BioShock 1/2. Also playing through Chaos Break on the PS1, which is a condensed RE clone which seems OK but tough, Eve of Extinction on PS2, which seems far too simplistic and is likely to be a trade-in, as well as Warriors Orochi 4 on Switch, which is dandy.

kashell

« Reply #4220 on: February 06, 2020, 02:59:55 pm »
Good to know! I like how Sebastian has more to say this time than last time.

Whenever I see a game featuring an "open world" it's an automatic no-buy.

« Reply #4221 on: February 06, 2020, 03:01:17 pm »
Sebastian was ANSON MOUNT in the first game which blew my mind.

kashell

« Reply #4222 on: February 06, 2020, 03:44:30 pm »
He was!

For some, he's known for his work in Hell On Wheels. But for me, he'll always be Britney's love interest in the award-winning movie, Crossroads.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4223 on: May 20, 2020, 06:10:50 pm »
Currently playing Assassin's Creed: Origins! Hopefully can gain a shiny platinum trophy.
So far, really liking what I'm playing here.

My only gripe so far is the hair of the NPC's during the in-game cutscenes. 
It looks horrible :P

Will keep you all updated!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #4224 on: May 20, 2020, 07:34:51 pm »
Dabbling with some DayZ, I got back into watching folks play it and it sorta got me wanting to pop back in.  Decided to warm back up to the gameplay by playing on a Deathmatch server and it's pretty fun and a good way to learn the gunplay, something you don't really get to do a lot of in normal DayZ usually with how much time is spenting surviving and traveling.

I was playing Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, but I struggled to maintain interest.  I got past the first Spartan area you get to, meeting with the Spartan General, but I just didn't get hooked, not sure what it is as I'm usually all about open world games, but AC games have never usually hit the right spot for me.  Vahalla could be a more cool setting for me, but not sure on that.

« Reply #4225 on: May 20, 2020, 09:23:26 pm »
I can't remember if I've already made a post here about this but I couldn't find it. I'm going back and playing all Assassin's Creed games that I haven't already beaten before Valhalla comes out. I started with Origins because I had already started it before I made the decision to play all of them, and I really loved it. I'm planning on going back and 100%ing it. Then I went back and started from the beginning. I enjoyed the first AC but the controls were definitely clunky and it was really short. AC2 improved on everything that I didn't like about AC1, plus Ezio is better than Altair. I've played the first part of Brotherhood but I wanted to take a little break to play other games. People on here recommended Sleeping Dogs on the True Crime thread that I made, so I bought it and loved every second of it. Finished it in 2 days. I'm a sucker for crime games, I guess. Now I've restarted Tomb Raider 2012 on PC because it was on sale and I never finished it when I first bought it on Xbox. I'm enjoying it, the story gets a bit repetitive in places but holy cow is it beautiful. I'm 50% through the game and my Steam account is showing 70 screenshots.

« Reply #4226 on: May 22, 2020, 11:34:07 pm »
Picked up Maneater, the eat 'em up shark game and I'm having fun with it.  Simple gameplay loop, pretty casual, but it's all just enough to be enjoyable with the reality tv hook to it, like you are watching a show on Discovery with Chris Parnell (SNL, Archer) narrating stuff you do and as host of the show.  This game knows what it is, it has all the nods to all the shark tropes, there's tons of goofy easter eggs (some of which I want to be teases for future content lol), and it's fun being this weird mutating shark.

« Reply #4227 on: May 22, 2020, 11:48:39 pm »
Me: I don't want to start anything new that I'm going to sink a lot of time into.

Also me: Guess I'll put 5 hours into Cities: Skylines today.

mark1982

« Reply #4228 on: May 23, 2020, 11:58:34 am »
A Hat in Time on the Switch, hit about the 50% mark last night. Fun Collectathon game, reminds me of the N64 era similar to Banjo or Mario 64.

Glad games like these are still being made ;D

l    l 

kashell

« Reply #4229 on: May 24, 2020, 09:36:46 am »
I'm going through Sword of Mana on the GBA SP. This is my second time through, but the first time was back when it was released in 03-04. I'm really liking it. It reminds me so much of the original Trials of Mana.