Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514917 times)

deftommo

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2220 on: October 18, 2015, 04:43:58 pm »
Nier, Bioshock, Metal Gear, and MGSV

« Reply #2221 on: October 19, 2015, 05:58:20 am »
Got back into the mood for Dark Souls, which I never actually beat despite putting like 40 hours into it, so this will probably keep me busy till Fallout 4.  Will go to Dark Souls 2 cause again for some reason I just fell out of the games.

Also got Warhammer: Vermintide which is officially releasing in a week I think, though allows people to play a week of beta till then.  It's basically Left 4 Dead with fantasy characters.  It's pretty shameless how much it is trying to be Left 4 Dead setting things, but I don't consider that a bad thing.  Fairly good looking game too.  Not sure about longevity and variety in the missions, but we'll see.

kashell

« Reply #2222 on: October 19, 2015, 08:13:35 am »
Got back into the mood for Dark Souls, which I never actually beat despite putting like 40 hours into it, so this will probably keep me busy till Fallout 4.  Will go to Dark Souls 2 cause again for some reason I just fell out of the games.

Also got Warhammer: Vermintide which is officially releasing in a week I think, though allows people to play a week of beta till then.  It's basically Left 4 Dead with fantasy characters.  It's pretty shameless how much it is trying to be Left 4 Dead setting things, but I don't consider that a bad thing.  Fairly good looking game too.  Not sure about longevity and variety in the missions, but we'll see.

Where are you now in Dark Souls? I'm in the Demon Ruins now, even though I finished off its boss a while ago.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I started Haunting Ground. It's interesting. It's not nearly as scary as Rule of Rose, but I still think it has some potential. Fiona has a lot of personality and I really want to figure out what is going on.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 08:17:51 am by kashell »

« Reply #2223 on: October 19, 2015, 03:33:46 pm »
Where are you now in Dark Souls? I'm in the Demon Ruins now, even though I finished off its boss a while ago.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I started Haunting Ground. It's interesting. It's not nearly as scary as Rule of Rose, but I still think it has some potential. Fiona has a lot of personality and I really want to figure out what is going on.

I just started back into the game, so I'm only at the church, looking to go fight the gargoyle soon.  I forgot how I far I went initially in the game, but it had to be like 75% through the game.

« Reply #2224 on: October 20, 2015, 01:58:37 am »
Warhammer: Vermintide is pretty great.  Slightly buggy at times, but it manages to keep itself from being a straight clone of Left 4 Dead, by having a better combined package and that there is a lot of different weapons you can find and unlock rather than set guns in the game.  The 5 classes are fairly varied, though the Dwarf doesn't seem too much different than say the Knight as they share similar weapon styles.  I can see a lot of expansion in this game to with more enemies and classes keeping it fresh every so often.  Hoping it has good longevity as this seems to be one of the few good Warhammer games out there.

« Reply #2225 on: October 20, 2015, 09:05:07 am »
I've been playing Fallout New Vegas with tons of mods in preparation for Fallout 4.  Once I get tired of that, I've got MGSV to consume my time.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2226 on: October 20, 2015, 10:08:13 am »
GTA 5 just released an update, so checking that out.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

deftommo

« Reply #2227 on: October 20, 2015, 08:07:04 pm »

Every few months I jump back into Demon's/Dark Souls for a playthrough. It's one of the few series I think feels fresh no matter how many times I play. I started a NG+ run through Dark Souls 2 and it's been brutal due to me being so out of practice.

kashell

« Reply #2228 on: October 21, 2015, 08:33:48 am »
Tales of Zestiria. Indeed, it was love at first sight.

telly

« Reply #2229 on: October 21, 2015, 09:55:53 am »
I'm excited to hear what you think of it! I'd love to play Zesteria someday. I need to finish Symphonia and play Xillia/Xillia 2 at some point though  :P
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #2230 on: October 21, 2015, 02:34:14 pm »
I'm excited to hear what you think of it! I'd love to play Zesteria someday. I need to finish Symphonia and play Xillia/Xillia 2 at some point though  :P

So far, I'm impressed with what little I have played. The game is gorgeous, as expected. The music actually has more of a front seat this time. Combat is like Tales of Graces, which is a wonderful thing. Sorey is a great lead from what I can tell: big smile, big dreams and big ideals.

The only thing I'm not liking now is Mikleo's English voice actor. He sounds juvenile.

Symphonia is a great game; I always tell people interested in the Tales series to start with either that or Vesperia. I hope you get a chance to finish it.

telly

« Reply #2231 on: October 21, 2015, 03:27:16 pm »
Thankfully the PS3 version of Symphonia is not that expensive. I've wanted to get more into the series as I've only played Tales of the Abyss.

I've also wanted to play Tales of Destiny because of your glowing praise of it :) Too bad that's an expensive title.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2232 on: October 22, 2015, 04:47:46 am »
Double Dragon on Gameboy
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2233 on: October 22, 2015, 11:51:55 am »
Double Dragon on Gameboy

Big piece of my childhood. Played this, Home Alone, and Super Mario Land for hours on end on car trips back in the day.

« Reply #2234 on: October 22, 2015, 04:32:33 pm »
Managed to clear up enough space on my Wii U to get Fatal Frame on there, so gonna give it a demo, see if I like it or not.  It's not sounding great, but it mostly depends on how the gamepad functionality works.