Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514818 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2235 on: October 22, 2015, 04:53:15 pm »
Managed to clear up enough space on my Wii U to get Fatal Frame on there, so gonna give it a demo, see if I like it or not.  It's not sounding great, but it mostly depends on how the gamepad functionality works.

You did know you can use SD cards for more memory on Wii U, right?

« Reply #2236 on: October 22, 2015, 07:33:17 pm »
Managed to clear up enough space on my Wii U to get Fatal Frame on there, so gonna give it a demo, see if I like it or not.  It's not sounding great, but it mostly depends on how the gamepad functionality works.

Sure, but I'd have to buy one.  I'm just wanting to demo it.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2237 on: October 22, 2015, 07:45:53 pm »

I never got that to work. USB flash Drive yes but not the SD card in the Card slot

« Reply #2238 on: October 22, 2015, 11:54:18 pm »
Played through the Fatal Frame 5 trial and I was actually liking it.  It has a very creepy atmosphere and it can get intense in fights.  I see some of the mechanics that were talked about in reviews that would make the game feel abit clunky and repetitive, such as every time you pick up something, a ghost might possibly grab and damage you if you aren't quick enough to let go of the item grab button.  The movement is also abit rough.  It's very slow and doesn't feel the best, such as figuring out the proper motion for the quick turn.  Also the characters so far seem unnecessarily stiff, emotion wise.  A few points in the early game as weird stuff is happening, the girls just sorta vacantly stare on with a hint of fear.  It makes it odd, because they regularly turn those cutscene moments back to the girl who continues to make the same face despite seeing something coming at her.  They probably could've spent a little more time animating their faces, but that's just a nitpick for me.

While this seemed good to me, I'm hearing that it gets repetitive and formulaic later on which is why it is getting the low scores that it is, so keep that in mind.  Not sure if I'll get it or not though as my budget is abit tight at the moment.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 11:57:41 pm by kamikazekeeg »

baseycillings

« Reply #2239 on: October 23, 2015, 05:07:10 pm »
I've been playing Final Fantasy X on Ps3. Anyone think it's worth it to get the PS4 version as well?

desocietas

« Reply #2240 on: October 23, 2015, 06:09:06 pm »
Fired up Back to the Future: the Game on pc last night after watching all three films on Bttf Day (Wednesday).  Not a bad game so far! Episode 1 felt pretty short, but the voices are pretty great, imo.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

davifus

« Reply #2241 on: October 23, 2015, 06:50:38 pm »
I've been playing Final Fantasy X on Ps3. Anyone think it's worth it to get the PS4 version as well?
I say Yes, because I love FFX.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #2242 on: October 23, 2015, 07:25:38 pm »

Isn't the PS4 version basically just a port of the already improved PS3 version? Looking at this video, it really doesn't look like they did too much else to it other than it might slightly run better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPGH1VT2bmg

Probably good with just the PS3 version.

desocietas

« Reply #2243 on: October 23, 2015, 07:49:28 pm »

Isn't the PS4 version basically just a port of the already improved PS3 version? Looking at this video, it really doesn't look like they did too much else to it other than it might slightly run better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPGH1VT2bmg

Probably good with just the PS3 version.

I think the major thing is a bit of a graphics upgrade still and the option to have the original soundtrack (not everyone liked the new remix for the HD version).  A big PS4 issue prior to a patch was a RNG bug and a soundtrack continuity bug, but thankfully it's been fixed.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #2244 on: October 23, 2015, 08:36:42 pm »
Started playing Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Extend (PSP). So far I'm really liking the selection of music in this one. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

telly

« Reply #2245 on: October 26, 2015, 12:26:07 pm »
Thinking about starting up Metroid Prime. I started it in around May but never finished :)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2246 on: October 26, 2015, 01:05:08 pm »
Thinking about starting up Metroid Prime. I started it in around May but never finished :)

Fantastic game and the best reason to own a GameCube!

The first time I stepped into Phaendra Drifts (the snow area), I was blown away by the combination of graphics, perfect music, and atmosphere.

But the last part where your backtracking around the planet to find the pieces of the circle-looking device is annoying.

telly

« Reply #2247 on: October 26, 2015, 02:30:30 pm »
Yeah, I really liked it from what I played! I just had other games going at the time, and Prime was more dense than I thought it would be with all the lore and back stories, so I put it down until I could give it some full attention.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2248 on: October 26, 2015, 06:43:59 pm »
Transformers Devastation- if you've ever played a Platinum Games game before you know the awesomeness you're in for

« Reply #2249 on: October 26, 2015, 06:50:40 pm »
Transformers Devastation- if you've ever played a Platinum Games game before you know the awesomeness you're in for

I plan to pick this up when it gets a good half off sale.  I heard it's fairly short and I can't float the 50 bucks to this when I'd rather save it for something else I could get more time out of.