Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515041 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2310 on: December 05, 2015, 06:27:11 pm »
Right now I'm playing Super Mario Sunshine since I got it with the GameCube bundle I picked up yesterday. I haven't gotten very far, since I suck at platformers, but I like it so far.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2311 on: December 06, 2015, 12:45:31 pm »
Right now I'm playing Super Mario Sunshine since I got it with the GameCube bundle I picked up yesterday. I haven't gotten very far, since I suck at platformers, but I like it so far.

I loved this game. It's my 3rd favorite GameCube game after Metroid Prime and RE Remake.  I know the FLUDD thing is very different from other Mario games, but it never bothered me. I felt like it was everything that Super Mario 64 was missing. There was much more going on in the game; it didn't feel as empty and repetitive.

« Reply #2312 on: December 07, 2015, 06:01:52 am »
And just did another playthrough of Undertale and it got better, I'm impressed at how much is in this seemingly little game.  Not sure if I'll do anymore as I know what my next playthrough entails and I'm not gonna like it in more ways than one. Great game though.

« Reply #2313 on: December 11, 2015, 04:18:36 pm »
Just started up Fallout 4 and Just Cause 3 this week. Having more fun with Just Cause 3 than I expected. Really fun stuff.

Also been playing Dragon Ball Xenoverse since it was on the Steam sale last week, as well as started up a little bit of Undertale.

« Reply #2314 on: December 12, 2015, 12:24:45 am »
Went round the horn on video games as I didn't think I wanted to settle into a big game like Xenoblades Chronicles X right now, but after a sloppy launch with Just Cause 3 (refunded) and a kinda boring start and lackluster features with Dragon Quest Heroes (refunded), I came back to Xenoblade Chronicles X and I'm digging it.  I think this is gonna be a good time and I'm already liking it more than the starting experience I had with the previous Xenoblade.

soera

« Reply #2315 on: December 12, 2015, 09:38:36 am »
How could you think DQ Heroes is boring? :(

« Reply #2316 on: December 12, 2015, 04:10:12 pm »
How could you think DQ Heroes is boring? :(

I think it's just the slow start, but like Hyrule Warriors puts you into the game and it's like "BOOM! Go kill lots and lots of dudes, it's crazy and wild!".  With DQ Heroes, I played for almost 2 hours and it was just a bunch of small corridors mostly.  I've never played DQ games, so it's DQ coating wasn't enough to keep me drawn in for longer.  I'll see about grabbing it on the cheap later on probably.

kashell

« Reply #2317 on: December 13, 2015, 10:45:18 am »
I started my New Game Plus in Dark Souls. So far, I'm making really good progress. I skipped most of Blighttown, thankfully. Most of the bosses I've encountered so far aren't as bad as I thought they'd be but, of course, I still have yet to fight S&O. *sigh* I'm not looking forward to that. I need to kill Smough last so I can get his soul.

EDIT: Holy hell, it was an intense fight but I finished powered up Smough on my fourth try. Of course, I had to use Solaire, but it doesn't matter. The hardest fight in the game is now behind me.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 12:54:43 pm by kashell »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2318 on: December 13, 2015, 01:25:10 pm »
Taking a break from Fallout 4 to play Ace Combat 04, after beating it a couple times, ill jump to AC 5, then Zero
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #2319 on: December 14, 2015, 12:37:07 pm »
I'm kind of burned out of Fallout after a month, so I decided to start playing Rise of the Tomb Raider... sooooo goooooood.

Warmsignal

« Reply #2320 on: December 14, 2015, 05:44:36 pm »
Rayman Origins. It's good, but it's obviously their answer to NSMB. I don't know if it's quite as good as NSBU though.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2321 on: December 14, 2015, 08:32:02 pm »
Rayman Origins. It's good, but it's obviously their answer to NSMB. I don't know if it's quite as good as NSBU though.

It definitely looks and sounds better.

« Reply #2322 on: December 18, 2015, 05:54:02 am »
Been playing Guilty Gear Xrd on PC.  It's a pretty solid game, but a lot of the fighters I don't really like playing as much since they rely on a lot on traps and setup.  Never was into characters like that, but I've come down to really liking Ky, Sol, I-No, and I should probably try Sin, since he's close to Ky except for the eating mechanic and long range hits.  I also want to see if I can figure out Axl, because he's an odd character who relies on being stationary more and hitting at long ranges with his blade chains.  Way different than those meant to rush in and stay close.

« Reply #2323 on: December 18, 2015, 08:14:32 am »
I'm kind of burned out of Fallout after a month, so I decided to start playing Rise of the Tomb Raider... sooooo goooooood.
What's it been... 4 days?  I'm already burned out of Tomb Raider.  It's a great game, and honestly, I'm hoping that it's that I'm restless because of xmas stress.

kashell

« Reply #2324 on: December 18, 2015, 08:45:04 am »
Been playing Guilty Gear Xrd on PC.  It's a pretty solid game, but a lot of the fighters I don't really like playing as much since they rely on a lot on traps and setup.  Never was into characters like that, but I've come down to really liking Ky, Sol, I-No, and I should probably try Sin, since he's close to Ky except for the eating mechanic and long range hits.  I also want to see if I can figure out Axl, because he's an odd character who relies on being stationary more and hitting at long ranges with his blade chains.  Way different than those meant to rush in and stay close.

Are we able to play together? I have it on the PS3 and it's been a long time since I've popped it in. I usually main Venom.