Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515864 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2325 on: December 18, 2015, 03:20:15 pm »
Been playing Guilty Gear Xrd on PC.  It's a pretty solid game, but a lot of the fighters I don't really like playing as much since they rely on a lot on traps and setup.  Never was into characters like that, but I've come down to really liking Ky, Sol, I-No, and I should probably try Sin, since he's close to Ky except for the eating mechanic and long range hits.  I also want to see if I can figure out Axl, because he's an odd character who relies on being stationary more and hitting at long ranges with his blade chains.  Way different than those meant to rush in and stay close.

Are we able to play together? I have it on the PS3 and it's been a long time since I've popped it in. I usually main Venom.

Don't think it has crossplay at all.  I tried to play Venom but I had no idea what I was doing, just balls flying everywhere lol

kashell

« Reply #2326 on: December 18, 2015, 03:39:16 pm »
Don't think it has crossplay at all.  I tried to play Venom but I had no idea what I was doing, just balls flying everywhere lol

Enough about my weekend, HEY-O!

But really, that's understandable. Venom is a very technical character -AND- he got nerfed to a lower tier in Xrd. Still, he's a lot of fun and I enjoy how unique he is against every character.

Axl is a solid character. He requires some Guile-like inputs (hold a direction, then release) so he's cool if you want to remain in the same place, bait and then punish.

maximo310

« Reply #2327 on: December 18, 2015, 03:42:30 pm »
Venom is defenitely not an easy character to figure out; my bro usually just plays with Sol on the PS3 version.

Warmsignal

« Reply #2328 on: December 24, 2015, 12:35:44 pm »
Kind of random, but I started playing Alias for the Xbox. I like this game actually, it's like a toned down Splinter Cell with more of an emphasis on beat-em-up gameplay. You can sneak, or just beat the crap about people and it's fairly easy and forgiving. I would say if you like Splinter Cell type games and you see this for a few dollars, it's worth it. I think I picked it up for about $2.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2329 on: December 24, 2015, 12:56:20 pm »
I've been playing the hell out of Samurai Warriors 2. I've completed so many different characters' storylines, yet it feels like I'm making no progress because every time I beat one, I unlock a new character, lol. It's a good thing, though, I guess. That means I get a whole lot more gameplay out of it.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2330 on: December 24, 2015, 01:58:43 pm »
Plan of starting Assassins Creed Unity, also ordered Assassin Creed Rogue...... So ill be playing those soon.... Hate being a year behind on a series i normally kept up on.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #2331 on: December 24, 2015, 04:13:16 pm »
Venom is defenitely not an easy character to figure out; my bro usually just plays with Sol on the PS3 version.

Ugh. Sol is so annoying to play against. It doesn't help that the developers felt that he still wasn't powerful enough.

davifus

« Reply #2332 on: December 28, 2015, 02:35:44 pm »
Undertale. Man, what a great game.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

maximo310

« Reply #2333 on: December 28, 2015, 03:17:14 pm »

Ugh. Sol is so annoying to play against. It doesn't help that the developers felt that he still wasn't powerful enough.
Yeah he had a lot of matchups that are favorable to him, and only a few like Zato-1, and Elphelt that are unfavorable. Even with that, Sol had a shit ton of tools to use against unfavorable matchups, like this match https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uciohJyE5XQ

As for recent games, I've been playin some Dogyuun, another shmup from 1992 Toaplan. Still got a ways to go before the 1cc.

kashell

« Reply #2334 on: December 30, 2015, 08:56:05 am »
I am on chapter three of Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly.

Holy sh*tballs this game is freaky.

EDIT: Also, I started The Evil Within.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 10:13:06 am by kashell »

soera

« Reply #2335 on: December 30, 2015, 04:44:24 pm »
Been playing Polybius lately.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2336 on: December 30, 2015, 06:16:19 pm »
I've been playing tons and tons of MAME games. I've been trying to make "Favorites" lists. That means trying lots of great (and bad) games.

maximo310

« Reply #2337 on: December 30, 2015, 06:18:39 pm »
I've been playing tons and tons of MAME games. I've been trying to make "Favorites" lists. That means trying lots of great (and bad) games.
What kind of stuff are you looking for in MAME? I may be able to point out some gems your way.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2338 on: December 30, 2015, 07:30:28 pm »
What kind of stuff are you looking for in MAME? I may be able to point out some gems your way.

I like the Beat 'em Ups the best.  I love Knights of the Round, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, and the like. 
I'm not above something that is just fun.  I've been dabbling in shooters even though I suck at them.

maximo310

« Reply #2339 on: December 30, 2015, 08:48:33 pm »

I like the Beat 'em Ups the best.  I love Knights of the Round, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, and the like. 
I'm not above something that is just fun.  I've been dabbling in shooters even though I suck at them.
Alright, here we go:
Beat-em-ups:
Armored Warriors/ Powered Gear- Awesome mech beat em up with multiple parts for arm/wheel weapons+ has a heavy metal soundtrack
Battle Circuit
D&D Tower of Doom/ Shadow of Mystara-
Denjin Makai II/Guardians
Metamorphric Force ( JAA version)- Playing the North American version is too difficult and sucks out the fun
Undercover Cops ( Japan version or Alpha version)-
Pu Li Ru La
The Punisher
Alien vs Predator (based off the canceled 94' movie)

Shmups:
Ray trilogy ( Rayforce, Raystorm,Raycrisis)
Dogyuun
Donpachi/Dodonpachi
Gradius I/II/ Parodius series
Raiden I ( 2p side)/ Raiden Fighters 1/2/Jet
Boogie Wings
1941/19XX/1944: The Loop Master
Sengoku Blade : Sengoku Ace Episode II
X Multiply/R-Type I+II

Other Fun games:
Cameltry
Crime City
Chase H.Q