Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514871 times)

doctorlaudanum

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2340 on: December 31, 2015, 03:39:15 pm »
I am on chapter three of Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly.

Holy sh*tballs this game is freaky.

Love that one, but I always thought it was too easy. The ghosts move so slowly and telegraph their attacks from a mile away. Love the atmosphere and art design though.

I received a copy of the Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection for Christmas (from the same person who sold my original copy of SOTC while I was out of town years ago. I think he finally made up for it.) Just got platinum on Ico and am about halfway through SOTC. Loving both! Though Ico ended much more abruptly than I expected.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

kashell

« Reply #2341 on: January 01, 2016, 12:18:49 pm »
I am on chapter three of Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly.

Holy sh*tballs this game is freaky.

Love that one, but I always thought it was too easy. The ghosts move so slowly and telegraph their attacks from a mile away. Love the atmosphere and art design though.

I received a copy of the Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection for Christmas (from the same person who sold my original copy of SOTC while I was out of town years ago. I think he finally made up for it.) Just got platinum on Ico and am about halfway through SOTC. Loving both! Though Ico ended much more abruptly than I expected.

Really? Dang, I must suck. I thought it was much more difficult than the first Fatal Frame, even though you're given more options.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #2342 on: January 01, 2016, 01:12:34 pm »
Haha I guess it just comes down to playing style. I personally thought the first Fatal Frame was harder because the ghosts loved to teleport around for cheap hits. I have reflexes that would embarrass a glacier. If it helps, I still haven't completed the post-game missions in FF2 after all these years. The ghost list was also harder for me to complete because some of the ghosts are quite good at hiding their Fatal Frame shots. Catching the Dollmaker's shot took four playthroughs.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 01:15:48 pm by doctorlaudanum »
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2343 on: January 01, 2016, 02:47:22 pm »

I'm starting this guy today. Looks cool, action-RPG with an Elder Scrolls-ish look to it. Made by Atlus.

But what's really cool is that I ordered Divinity II: Ego Draconis, the original version of this game. And instead I received Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga, which is the updated version that comes with the PC expansion! Awesome! Because the listings for the Dragon Knight Saga was $20, I only paid $8 for it!

kashell

« Reply #2344 on: January 01, 2016, 03:06:31 pm »
Haha I guess it just comes down to playing style. I personally thought the first Fatal Frame was harder because the ghosts loved to teleport around for cheap hits. I have reflexes that would embarrass a glacier. If it helps, I still haven't completed the post-game missions in FF2 after all these years. The ghost list was also harder for me to complete because some of the ghosts are quite good at hiding their Fatal Frame shots. Catching the Dollmaker's shot took four playthroughs.

I doubt I'll play those post-game missions. Since I played the game on Normal, I may go for a Hard mode run to see the other ending. Or I'll just watch it online. I haven't decided yet.

In gaming news, I have just stared Until Dawn. Emily is a total bitch...I love her.

Warmsignal

« Reply #2345 on: January 04, 2016, 02:08:06 am »

I'm starting this guy today. Looks cool, action-RPG with an Elder Scrolls-ish look to it. Made by Atlus.

But what's really cool is that I ordered Divinity II: Ego Draconis, the original version of this game. And instead I received Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga, which is the updated version that comes with the PC expansion! Awesome! Because the listings for the Dragon Knight Saga was $20, I only paid $8 for it!

I've had opposite luck about that game. I picked it up long ago before Dragon Knight Saga came out, then they came out with that version. Tried to track it down for ages, then finally found it used, but the disc they gave me was for the original, again without the added content. Wasn't mean to be.

« Reply #2346 on: January 04, 2016, 03:46:37 am »
Tales from the Borderlands (just finished Episode 2) [PS4]
Until Dawn (currently half way through Chapter 2) [PS4]
Shining Force: Sword of Hayja [3DS VC]

kashell

« Reply #2347 on: January 04, 2016, 09:08:34 am »

I'm interested in seeing what you think about that. I just finished it for the second time yesterday. I plan on getting all of the trophies so I have to finish it one more time.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2348 on: January 04, 2016, 11:07:20 am »
Guys, I got Yokai Watch, holy shit its great. If you are like me and love pokemon but you're tired of the played out formula and old slow systems you have to get this game, so much fun and just a great time so far.

« Reply #2349 on: January 04, 2016, 11:37:27 am »

I'm interested in seeing what you think about that. I just finished it for the second time yesterday. I plan on getting all of the trophies so I have to finish it one more time.
Will be sure to let you know my opinion when I get far enough to formulate one that is worthwhile.

Thus far nothing of consequence has really happened in the game so I can't really comment on the primary game-play mechanic (decision making, branching path). Visually though I must say the game is stunning; I recognized Brett Dalton's face instantly, as well as other faces. The realistic visuals really make the entire experience feel that bit more real, which really adds to the creepy atmosphere. All in all I am really impressed thus far.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2350 on: January 04, 2016, 11:43:43 am »
I started in on Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.  Damn these are fun games.  It's just more Borderlands.  It's silly, mindless shooting. 

desocietas

« Reply #2351 on: January 04, 2016, 01:28:07 pm »
Some friends got some 3DSes and copies of Animal Crossing: New Leaf this Christmas, so I fired my town back up after what was probably easily a year or so. Surprisingly, there were still flowers and people living there!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #2352 on: January 08, 2016, 01:00:28 pm »
I started Valkyria Chronicles 3. So far, it feels like Valkyria Chronicles 2. The only difference is that it's in Japanese and Avan is nowhere to be found. Thankfully.

desocietas

« Reply #2353 on: January 08, 2016, 01:42:45 pm »
I've still been feeling kinda hermit-y so I've been playing games that I don't want to stream or get too involved in. So I've just been playing my guilty pleasure hidden-object or match-3 games...  ::)

I don't usually care about achievements, but it's definitely a nice perk to pick up an easy game and get all the achievements through one playthrough.

Oh, and Animal Crossing still! Nice to just pick up and play when I have a few moments.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #2354 on: January 13, 2016, 09:27:37 am »
Currently playing Banjo Tooie and Skyward Sword... with some Gears Ultimate Edition multiplayer in between.