Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514859 times)

soera

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2490 on: April 07, 2016, 10:06:22 am »
I just turned on Nights of Azure last night and it looks like its going to be a super fun game.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2491 on: April 07, 2016, 12:46:22 pm »
Also am starting up Phantom Hourglass! This is only my 3rd Zelda game ever, so I’m curious to see how it goes, especially since the DS games are a little controversial from what I’ve heard.

Touch screen only controls from what I saw of Spirit Tracks and heard the same for Phantom Hourglass.  That might have killed the two DS games for me lol

But at least Phantom Hourglass still feels like a Zelda game. The touch controls really didn't bother me that much, and made a lot of sense for things like bombchus and the boomerang in guiding it where you wanted them to go. The big downside is having to repeatedly visit and go through that one dungeon over and over again. They should have made it where you just continue where left off last on the dungeon. But the rest of the game is fantastic, so that's an offense that can be overlooked, IMO.

Spirit Tracks was made by some train-nerd and just feels ridiculous and out of place in the Zelda series.

kashell

« Reply #2492 on: April 07, 2016, 02:04:28 pm »
I just turned on Nights of Azure last night and it looks like its going to be a super fun game.

I'll be interested in hearing what you think of it. I'm still in the middle of chapter 3, but I'm not sure when I'll get back to it.

spac316

« Reply #2493 on: April 07, 2016, 09:24:28 pm »
Getting into Shining Force II on Genesis. I really miss this series.

soera

« Reply #2494 on: April 08, 2016, 12:25:29 am »

I'll be interested in hearing what you think of it. I'm still in the middle of chapter 3, but I'm not sure when I'll get back to it.

Im barely into chapter 2 and I really like it. The story is way out there and interesting. The characters are gorgeous and I love the play style.

abe

« Reply #2495 on: April 08, 2016, 09:48:17 am »
Started playing the PSOne Classics version of Klonoa: Door to Phantomile today. It's alright.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #2496 on: April 09, 2016, 12:36:15 am »
Persona 4

desocietas

« Reply #2497 on: April 09, 2016, 04:55:22 am »
Persona 4

Welcome! Are you playing the original or golden version?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #2498 on: April 09, 2016, 10:02:44 pm »
Started playing the Battleborn demo on PS4 since I can't play the PC version yet and it's pretty good.  I thought it was gonna be more straight shooter, but it's definitely more MOBA like League of Legends than say Overwatch being more like Team Fortress 2.  Initially they both look kinda similar, but the playstyle is very different and of course Battleborn has maps designed like in LoL along with having it's own singleplayer/co-op mode that sounds like if Borderlands cut out the open world in favor of straight linear missions.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2499 on: April 10, 2016, 09:53:58 pm »
I'll be damned! Kid Dracula is an addictive game!  Just the right amount of challenge, but fair. If you like platformers and have any way to do it, plain Kid Dracula for the famicom.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2500 on: April 11, 2016, 12:23:24 am »
Just started animal crossing new leaf
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

abe

« Reply #2501 on: April 11, 2016, 07:09:57 am »
I'll be damned! Kid Dracula is an addictive game!  Just the right amount of challenge, but fair. If you like platformers and have any way to do it, plain Kid Dracula for the famicom.

How would you say it compares to the Game Boy version? Way better? Worth getting even if you've already got the Game Boy version?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2502 on: April 11, 2016, 09:26:02 am »

How would you say it compares to the Game Boy version? Way better? Worth getting even if you've already got the Game Boy version?

I like it better than the Gameboy version.  It's the same type of gameplay, just a little better.

abe

« Reply #2503 on: April 11, 2016, 10:50:02 am »

I like it better than the Gameboy version.  It's the same type of gameplay, just a little better.

Cool, thanks for the input. :) I'll have to get my hands on a copy some time then.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2504 on: April 11, 2016, 02:06:38 pm »

Cool, thanks for the input. :) I'll have to get my hands on a copy some time then.

I got mine for $30 shipped off of eBay.  It's not a crazy deal, but I think I'm going to get $30 worth of fun out of it.