Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515620 times)

telly

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2550 on: April 28, 2016, 10:03:13 am »
Mega Man Battle Network 4 (GBA) is a bit of a mixed bag. The combat is great and Navi Souls are a cool addition, but everything in between is sooooo boring. It's just the same "puzzles" reused over and over again. :( Definitely the weakest in the series of the ones I've played so far.

That's how I felt when I started it too. I love that series, but BN4 just did not do it for me, I got stuck on a section with fire in it and just gave up after that. I really need to pick up BN2
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

doafan

« Reply #2551 on: April 28, 2016, 11:26:08 am »
Started to play Saints Row IV but just for 20-30 minutes per day cause if I bypass this time it gave me a headache dunno why the hell, I suffer from sick motion at first person titles but never expected to feel sick after playing this one anyway am still playing Sacred Citadel cause have purchased the DLC Jungle Hunt and right now am stuck trying to get the achievement Never back down, have already obtained 33 of the 35 that this game has and definitely want to unlock all of them  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

abe

« Reply #2552 on: April 28, 2016, 04:41:09 pm »
Mega Man Battle Network 4 (GBA) is a bit of a mixed bag. The combat is great and Navi Souls are a cool addition, but everything in between is sooooo boring. It's just the same "puzzles" reused over and over again. :( Definitely the weakest in the series of the ones I've played so far.
That's how I felt when I started it too. I love that series, but BN4 just did not do it for me, I got stuck on a section with fire in it and just gave up after that. I really need to pick up BN2

I haven't played 2 yet, is it regarded by most to be the best of the series? It seems to be relatively expensive compared to the others in the series.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

telly

« Reply #2553 on: April 29, 2016, 11:50:30 am »
I had just heard it that it was the best one of the series, though I think 3 is also well liked. 1 and 4 are the least popular from what I've seen online.

Now that I have a game boy player, I would love to boot up one of these one the big screen! :)
Currently Playing:

abe

« Reply #2554 on: April 30, 2016, 09:14:37 am »
People didn't like 1? With it being the first in the series, it is a little rough around the edges. Overall it's better than 4 I think. Perhaps I'll have to get 2 soon while I'm in the mood for it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2555 on: May 01, 2016, 01:58:51 am »

And I'm loving it! I spent half of the entire day playing this, and still have plenty more to go.

It improves on everything from the first game: Better graphics, better storyline, more meaningful side missions & conversation-choices, more characters to unlock, and more fan-service.

The first time I owned it was on PS2. Now I have the XBox 360 version and it is a soooo much better. PS2 version is quite stripped-down in comparison, and more than just graphics. It's practically an entirely different, and inferior game. Wish I would have realized this sooner, so I could have been enjoying the 360 version.

telly

« Reply #2556 on: May 01, 2016, 09:55:36 am »
People didn't like 1? With it being the first in the series, it is a little rough around the edges. Overall it's better than 4 I think. Perhaps I'll have to get 2 soon while I'm in the mood for it.

Yeah, it is pretty unrefined with the first game, and when I dabbled in it it seemed really easy. Like you said, I think it's because they just hadn't refined the formula yet, so it's cool haha
Currently Playing:

« Reply #2557 on: May 01, 2016, 04:49:27 pm »
Just finished Oracle of Seasons (Game Boy Color, played on 3DS Virtual Console) with the true ending. The game is absolutely ambitious in the way it allows you to play this or Oracle of Ages first and continue the other as a continuation of the one you played first. I played Ages first. This was an incredible experience. The graphics simply push the GBC to it's absolute limits, and are beautiful, as is the music.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 04:51:02 pm by courtlyhades296 »

kashell

« Reply #2558 on: May 02, 2016, 08:34:22 am »
I decided to take a break from quest farming in Nights of Azure and replay Galerians. Sometimes it makes my head want to explode.

HEY-O!

abe

« Reply #2559 on: May 04, 2016, 09:34:49 am »
Pokémon Omega Ruby is an awesome remake of one of my favorite Pokémon games. I'm really glad I decided to pick it up. :D

desocietas

« Reply #2560 on: May 04, 2016, 01:56:30 pm »
I got a code for the Grand Kingdom beta yesterday, so I decided to fire it up last night. The tutorial is pretty robust and gives a good sense of the game so far, imo.

It was a lot of fun! It wasn't much watching NISA stream it yesterday, so it was nice knowing that the game was actually pretty interesting. I liked the combat system, and the battles are quick and interesting enough that I could see the game doing very well on a handheld system (I played it on the PS4).

I haven't tried the online mode yet, but I'll give that a go soon if I can.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

PlayerC90

« Reply #2561 on: May 05, 2016, 05:01:19 pm »
Man this Arc/Kukuru only battle in Arc the Lad is seriously not cool. I get now why someone here told me to make sure to level Kukuru, and I did, but she is still weak enough to die in one hit. Not quite sure what to do here, but I'll try again tomorrow. I will say that I liked the game up to this point.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2562 on: May 06, 2016, 01:06:32 am »

Rented this from RedBox just to check out, and I'm glad I did. This game caught me immediately. But it's MASSIVE. Like an Elder Scrolls - scale game, except no civilization. This is one I'm gonna have to buy.

« Reply #2563 on: May 06, 2016, 01:27:23 am »
Been playing the Overwatch Beta and definitely liking it.  I've been stoked for this game awhile, essentially being a more varied and quicker paced Team Fortress 2 and it's some good fun.  I can't wait for the game to release at the end of the month.

Also doing a second playthrough of Fallout 4 in preparation of the Far Harbor expansion releasing in about 2 weeks.  Gonna try and hit places I missed before, and gonna do a Brotherhood of Steel story run this time.  I did the Railroad first, but I gotta do the Brotherhood to meet the greatest character in the series...LIBERTY PRIME.

PlayerC90

« Reply #2564 on: May 06, 2016, 04:33:35 am »
Man this Arc/Kukuru only battle in Arc the Lad is seriously not cool. I get now why someone here told me to make sure to level Kukuru, and I did, but she is still weak enough to die in one hit. Not quite sure what to do here, but I'll try again tomorrow. I will say that I liked the game up to this point.

Finished the game now! But I only managed to get past this fight because I got lucky and everyone only attacked Arc during the first round. Everything after this battle was easy. Neat game and a nice setup for Arc the Lad II, which I'll probably play soonish.