Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514973 times)

kashell

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2565 on: May 06, 2016, 08:14:46 am »
Man this Arc/Kukuru only battle in Arc the Lad is seriously not cool. I get now why someone here told me to make sure to level Kukuru, and I did, but she is still weak enough to die in one hit. Not quite sure what to do here, but I'll try again tomorrow. I will say that I liked the game up to this point.

Finished the game now! But I only managed to get past this fight because I got lucky and everyone only attacked Arc during the first round. Everything after this battle was easy. Neat game and a nice setup for Arc the Lad II, which I'll probably play soonish.

That was me who told you to make sure Kukuru was at a decent level. She's my least favorite character to use in battle, even though she looks like she would be cool. She can't take a hit, she can't land a hit, and her one attack spell (Divine Wrath? I can't recall) isn't as useful as Gogen's or Arc's.

Anyways, I'm glad you got through that hurdle. Arc the Lad II is my absolute favorite in the series. A few people didn't like the 80 hour length, but I would have been happy if that game had double the content.

telly

« Reply #2566 on: May 06, 2016, 10:41:14 am »
Fatal Frame II is done! Think of mixing it up with another Mega Man title off the Anniversary Collection. I'm between 4, 5 and the original Mega Man
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

PlayerC90

« Reply #2567 on: May 07, 2016, 03:30:31 am »
That was me who told you to make sure Kukuru was at a decent level. She's my least favorite character to use in battle, even though she looks like she would be cool. She can't take a hit, she can't land a hit, and her one attack spell (Divine Wrath? I can't recall) isn't as useful as Gogen's or Arc's.

Anyways, I'm glad you got through that hurdle. Arc the Lad II is my absolute favorite in the series. A few people didn't like the 80 hour length, but I would have been happy if that game had double the content.

Divine Judgment, but yeah, I got most use out of her as a healer. And of course, her resurrection spell can be really useful.

I'm not sure when I'll get to II, (Fire Emblem Fates is finally releasing soon here!) but I'm looking forward to it.

« Reply #2568 on: May 07, 2016, 12:41:20 pm »
Hearstone – I play every day
Not a Hero – Finished yesterday
Downfall – Playing to write a review

From consoles, the last one I played was Star Fox Zero. As for the old ones, Balloon Fight.

maximo310

« Reply #2569 on: May 07, 2016, 07:37:32 pm »
I'm almost done with Dawn of Sorrow; two more bosses to go for this installment.
For the arcade side, Metal Hawk for Namco is my fav hidden gem from the month with its gameplay and unique hardware zooming and rotating features. There's defenitely a lot of strategy to avoiding enemy fire and score, although the actual game is completed in about 12-15 minutes.

tripredacus

« Reply #2570 on: May 08, 2016, 06:37:39 pm »
I had Just Cause 2 in my steam library for awhile now, and I just installed it last night. I think I'm "hooked"  ;D

shepard11

« Reply #2571 on: May 08, 2016, 09:34:08 pm »
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Collection for the PS Vita.

abe

« Reply #2572 on: May 09, 2016, 09:50:27 pm »
Tried the Overwatch beta today and I'm already hooked. :o Never before have I been so quickly sold on a game. I've already preordered it because of how much fun I had with the beta and can't wait for the game's release. :D
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2573 on: May 09, 2016, 09:50:42 pm »
Looks like this thread got buried.

Anyway, why did none of you Devils tell me about the Shantae games?  Holy Shit!  These are some fun games!

kashell

« Reply #2574 on: May 11, 2016, 09:28:35 am »
After Nights of Azure, I needed something that was less action-y. So, I started two things:

Lufia: The Ruins of Lore and Snatcher. Lufia's start leaves a lot to be desired, but I'm sure it'll get better. It just that it has some big shoes to fill in comparison to Lufia 2.

Snatcher is a masterpiece so far, ugly CGI and all.

davifus

« Reply #2575 on: May 14, 2016, 05:52:14 pm »
Getting back into Final Fantasy Explorer after a few month hiatus. I'm trying to get the Samurai Job but... the requirement of 150 items is very annoying. 
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2576 on: May 14, 2016, 06:39:42 pm »

Anyway, why did none of you Devils tell me about the Shantae games?  Holy Shit!  These are some fun games!

I did but you never listened.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2577 on: May 15, 2016, 01:45:26 pm »

I did but you never listened.

I apologize. I won't doubt your platformer judgement again

soera

« Reply #2578 on: May 15, 2016, 10:30:57 pm »
I havent touched Azure since Bravely Second hit the shelves. Im at 127 hours on Second now. :)

maximo310

« Reply #2579 on: May 15, 2016, 10:52:39 pm »
I havent touched Azure since Bravely Second hit the shelves. Im at 127 hours on Second now. :)

How is the game so far? I'm debating on picking it up later in year, especially since the CE's are pretty easy to find compared to Default's CE.